Kennesaw State Game Thread

augolf1716

I'm a little torn here. The school I've loved since birth playing my alma mater. LOL Go Towls!

Sorry, but what exactly is a Towl?

A half-tiger, half-owl of course! :laugh:

I'm a little torn here. The school I've loved since birth playing my alma mater. LOL Go Towls!

Oh, I got ya.  :laugh:

we have to get better at free throws

That's been a reoccurring theme for AU basketball for as long as I can remember.

I can't understand that either. I mean Lebo ran basically a 4 guard set IMO. We couldn't throw a free throw in the bay under him. Missing free throws will cost you games against good teams when you have a chance to beat them.

Can somebody please tell me why players don't use the backboard anymore on put backs? Your percentage goes up when you used the glass.

Solid Offense with great shooting percent on both 2 and 3 pointers, Solid rebounding, Great defense. 50% on Free Throws this will kill us in the close games.  we shot better than 50% on three  pointers there is no reason we can't shoot at least 70% on FT.

Oh, I got ya.   :laugh:

I thought it was what you fried off with after a shower.

Pretty sloppy uninspired performance imo. On the bright side it is obvious we are a much more talented team than last year and we are 2-0 for the 1st time in 5 years. I also liked what I heard from Barbee on the post game show. He said when he went into the locker room the entire team was hanging their heads like they had lost. They know they didn't play well and have hopefully learned that you have to bring the intensity everytime you step on the court regardless of the competition.

This was a "practice game" and the line-up changed every couple minutes.  Gave everyone a chance to play, show what they could do on defense, etc but none of the "fives" were in the game long enough to develop any offensive cohesion. 

I watched the game on my computer while I watched the NFL game and everytime I checked there was a different mix of players on the floor.  Would be interesting to see how many different combinations Barbee played during the night.

While I am not sure of Kennesaw's talent level this year; they have been a very good program in the past, winning a national title in their division. They have beaten Ga Tech recently as well. It is good to beat them and not to have to worry about Free Throws to win the game. Sounds like we need extra practice time in that area.

Archived