Did anybody read Kevin Scarbinski's column on al.com?

milehighfan

Scarbinski said with all the problems this year, MD's suspension, the lop sided losses, Roof leaving, and CGM looking at head coaching job at Arky St, and the lopsided losses, the program is coming apart at the seams. Never let it said the media in Alabama doesn't like to pile on.

Maybe we should just mail in a Forfeit for the bowl game and send eveyone home for Christmas.  Sounds like everyone is wasting their time even trying to win the game. Good ole Scarb...guess his bosses were putting pressure on him to become "relevant"  and that was the best he could do. .  ;D

Scarbinski said with all the problems this year, MD's suspension, the lop sided losses, Roof leaving, and CGM looking at head coaching job at Arky St, and the lopsided losses, the program is coming apart at the seams. Never let it said the media in Alabama doesn't like to pile on.

he did not say it was coming apart at the seams....he said that there are cracks beginning to show and i agree....the question is,do those cracks get filled in with cement or do they continue to be allowed to grow until the whole structure collapses....the problems can be fixed right now,rather easily,but if those problems continue another year,then you will understand why i am crying in the wilderness

Maybe we should just mail in a Forfeit for the bowl game and send eveyone home for Christmas.  Sounds like everyone is wasting their time even trying to win the game. Good ole Scarb...guess his bosses were putting pressure on him to become "relevant"  and that was the best he could do. .  ;D

^^^^^Very well put^^^^^^^

A lot of people were saying the same thing about LSU before the season.

^^This^^

If you don't believe in CGC, then you've obviously never heard the man speak about AU. We might lose an assistant coach here or there, but Gene is in the process of building up a program he loves.

I mean seriously, how many bowl teams did we play?

I think the only teams we played not going to a bowl are Ole Miss and Samford...so that is 10 of 12 opponents going to the postseason.

That is a tough schedule, and coming out with a bowl trip is extremely successful considering the youth on our team.

look guys the sky IS NOT FALLING! This is a rebuilding year and the sky is the limit. I trust coach Chizik and unlike some here I am still "All In"

good for you,but i am sure the troops assigned to general custer were "all in",too....look, you win with fundamentals (blocking,tackling,ect)....how were ours the last 3 years?......some of it can be blamed on inexperience but after 8-10 games we should have seen improvement.....did you see that?....i'm not talking about wins and losses or scores,i'm talking basic fundamental football....thats coaching

Me too.  What are some of these people smoking!!!!!  we have a ton of top talent that played as freshmen and sophmores. All they need is more time in the weight room thats it. You can't leave high school and push a guy around who's been on a college diet and weight room for 3 or for years. we will see alot of improvement this next season and after that we will be a powerhouse with experienced depth, something we havn't had. All we need to do is keep recruiting in the top 10 every year and everything will work out in due time. WDE  its us against the world

we  are the defending national champs  and we are rebuilding. we are losing five guys from this years team. I am postive we will win more games this next year then this year. We also had a extremely hard schedule and played alot of the toughest games on the road.

Kevin Scarbinsky,

What was your prediction for Auburn before the season. Auburn won more games than predicted, and more conference games than predicted. Auburn’s defense has been sup-par for the past 3 years and CGC is taking steps to correct the problem. Auburn is moving in the right direction. Auburn will be better next year and compete for the SEC title in 2013. SEC title contenders are not built overnight it takes years. LSU and Bama are enjoying the fruits of 4 and 5 years worth of great recruiting classes. Auburn is in the process of recruiting their 3rd great class. The future is bright. War Eagle.

Me too.  What are some of these people smoking!!!!!  we have a ton of top talent that played as freshmen and sophmores. All they need is more time in the weight room thats it. You can't leave high school and push a guy around who's been on a college diet and weight room for 3 or for years. we will see alot of improvement this next season and after that we will be a powerhouse with experienced depth, something we havn't had. All we need to do is keep recruiting in the top 10 every year and everything will work out in due time. WDE  its us against the world

this x 1000

Is there opportunity?  Sure there is. But to think that last year was the pinnacle is crazy. While this is a down year, we are not the first program to rebuild. While we had talent from CTT, make no mistake there was a lot of empty shelves in the pantry. Look at Texas, 2 years ago they were in BCSC game and the following year were not bowl eligible due to losing  heavy upper class team. They still have not completely recovered and they have had great recruiting and coaching is considered very good.   55 scholarship players is tough task.

I read the article, knew a lot of folks who refuse to remove their orange & blue glasses would take issue with what he wrote.  I tend to think it's better to acknowledge that there are problems and address them.  It looks like Coach Chizik has begun that process.  The defensive lapses are being addressed any disciplinary and attitude distractions are being addressed...time will tell how successful the adjustments were.  I have faith athletic department officials will do what is necessary to keep the train moving.  

:believe:

Nobody was pleased with this years lack of improvement as the year went on.  I think that's just the way things go sometimes in college football.  Auburn's foundation is fine regardless of what a "journalist" might think.  :wedance:

These types of articles have a way of popping up this time of year whenever Auburn is doing extremely well in recruiting.  Brace yourselves because there will continue to be more of the same.

I read the article, knew a lot of folks who refuse to remove their orange & blue glasses would take issue with what he wrote.  I tend to think it's better to acknowledge that there are problems and address them.  It looks like Coach Chizik has begun that process.  The defensive lapses are being addressed any disciplinary and attitude distractions are being addressed...time will tell how successful the adjustments were.  I have faith athletic department officials will do what is necessary to keep the train moving.  

Agree.  

Seems to me CGC gets it and is doing something about it.  

:we:

i think he does too....these two hires will define chizik as a coach....

Agree.  

Seems to me CGC gets it and is doing something about it.  

:we:

Archived