Did anybody read Kevin Scarbinski's column on al.com?

milehighfan

look guys the sky IS NOT FALLING! This is a rebuilding year and the sky is the limit. I trust coach Chizik and unlike some here I am still "All In"

good for you,but i am sure the troops assigned to general custer were "all in",too....look, you win with fundamentals (blocking,tackling,ect)....how were ours the last 3 years?......some of it can be blamed on inexperience but after 8-10 games we should have seen improvement.....did you see that?....i'm not talking about wins and losses or scores,i'm talking basic fundamental football....thats coaching

Maybe you missed the news...CTR is now on the staff of UCF.  You are making this a simplistic argument, i.e. games played translates to improvement.  I think you are glossing over the obvious...I will now let you figure out what that is.  You're smart...I think you know what I'm talking about.  But I stand ready to come to your assistance if  you can't see the obvious.

The bama media and turd nation planned on 2009 and 2011 being the norm every year for the next 10 years or so.

WE punched them in the mouth and CRUSHED that thought process. Most of the positive momentum we built up last year has been slow bleed to nothing left. Things like the robbery, Dyer, etc are ammo for the bama media haters, but are things to be concerned about. Do most teams have issues? Yes, to varying degrees but we have not had issues this painful since Bowden. How Chizik handles these issues and how quickly he responds will have a significant impact on this season. I want our boys to enjoy their college life at Auburn, but if some are so immature they need relentless micromanagement until they see the light I hope it happens. ALL IN is a lifestyle, not a suggestion.

War Eagle !

I wonder if Scabby will write that Bama's program is showing signs of cracking, with the OC leaving for Colorado State, the DC has reportedly been looking around, and one of their top recruits from a Bama hotbed of recruiting---Prattville---just de-committed and is probably going to Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech over Alabama? Anybody over the greatest coach in the history of the BCS, Nick Saban? Sounds to me like Bama is coming apart at the seams, but nobody will know that because Sarbinsky won't write that, mainly because it's not true, and Auburn's not coming apart at the seams, either. We all knew it was a matter of time before Gus left us. It kinda hurts that he may be going to Arkansas State, but he's from Arkansas and probably wants to get closer to home.

These types of articles have a way of popping up this time of year whenever Auburn is doing extremely well in recruiting.  Brace yourselves because there will continue to be more of the same.

^^^Good point^^^

I heard that Scarbinsky got his journalism degree at Jefferson State after he flunked out at Livingston State University. I think he was awarded an honorary degree at UAT during the day.

I heard that Scarbinsky got his journalism degree at Jefferson State after he flunked out at Livingston State University. I think he was awarded an honorary degree at UAT during the day.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I guess I'm just not that worried.  I think we have some wonderful pieces in place, and I'm looking forward to how they play out.

I really don't want Malzahn to go.  And I find it hard to believe he would for that particular job.  I also don't buy the soap opera biz about stress between him and Chizik.  Chizik was just talking this week about how close they are.  But if Gus does go, I'll be grateful for his contribution to Auburn, wish him well, and expect good news about that job.

Not particularly worried about the DC opening, as I expect we'll land a very good person.  Hopefully without too much drama.

The only thing that worries me is the possibility that Dyer's suspension, paired with marginal draft picks like OMac and Lutz looking at leaving, and along with the armed robbery case, might reveal a problem within the roster.  Even then, that sort of stress doesn't jibe with the recruiting vibes we get from visitors.  So again, I'm watching but not all that worried.

Oh my there are changes and suspensions taking place in Auburn. Big deal. There is a good foundation still in place with talented players on the team and signing. Could we lose some recruits? sure it can happen and just might. Big Deal. With New coordinators may come other recruits who may fit great here. Change happens at this level and lots of change happens at successful schools with good coaches. Ask Mack Brown how much change happens in Austin. Have they had some down years? Yep Big Deal.

At the end of the day it's a football game. I love it as much or more then most, but what is happening here is far from tragic.

War Big Deal Eagle

I read the article, knew a lot of folks who refuse to remove their orange & blue glasses would take issue with what he wrote.  I tend to think it's better to acknowledge that there are problems and address them.  It looks like Coach Chizik has begun that process.  The defensive lapses are being addressed any disciplinary and attitude distractions are being addressed...time will tell how successful the adjustments were.  I have faith athletic department officials will do what is necessary to keep the train moving.  

:believe:

^^This is a most excellant post sir!

I think that Coach saw the cracks in the armor, and he is making the move to fix the cracks so that the foundation stays solid for the future.  He's addressed players with attitude and disciplinary problems, he's made changes to the coaching staff to address any deficiencies that he feels needed attention.  I trust he will bring in a staff that sees things his way and will run the program the way Coach Chizik wants the program ran.  We couldn't ask for a better HC at the helm at AU.

Here are my two favorite prognostications from Scarbo: 

Here he is talking about how Auburn is going to stink after the 2010 Clemson game: 

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/09/put_those_2004_dreams_to_sleep.html

And here he is talking about Auburn is going to lose to Alabama in 2010 because CGC won the toss and deferred:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/auburn_won_the_toss_lost_its_n.html

No, Scarbo doesn't have a crystal ball.  Say, maybe CGC will let him borrow his.    :laugh:

What do guys like Scarb know?  If they really had any insight they would not be working on some state-wide sports blog trying to generate "hits" for their sponsors.  Do I remember that the second week of September that Richt was surely gone from UGA and people were picking the Dawg's next coach.  Now, three months later, Richt has a contract extension and a raise.    As noted above, two years ago most of these sports hacks were sure that Miles was not going to survive at LSU.  They are always predicting the next failure....and I guess if they do it often enough they might get a few right but mostly it's just "chance" and not any actual knowledge. 

I hate to see AU people adopt the language of guys like Scarb....talking about "cracks in the foundation"....for a program that won 7 games, played 10 bowl teams and played the top four defensive teams in the NCAA....and did all that with only a handful of juniors and seniors playing meaningful roles.  A coaching staff is always a work-in-progress.....and better to see the HC recognizing where improvements need to be made instead of being in a situation like were were with CTT when he hung onto the BBQ boys despite evidence that changes were needed.

I say this in a postiive way....Chiz is a calculating planner.  He knows what should be done....and is going to do it. 

What do guys like Scarb know?   If they really had any insight they would not be working on some state-wide sports blog trying to generate "hits" for their sponsors.   Do I remember that the second week of September that Richt was surely gone from UGA and people were picking the Dawg's next coach.   Now, three months later, Richt has a contract extension and a raise.     As noted above, two years ago most of these sports hacks were sure that Miles was not going to survive at LSU.  They are always predicting the next failure....and I guess if they do it often enough they might get a few right but mostly it's just "chance" and not any actual knowledge.   

I hate to see AU people adopt the language of guys like Scarb....talking about "cracks in the foundation"....for a program that won 7 games, played 10 bowl teams and played the top four defensive teams in the NCAA....and did all that with only a handful of juniors and seniors playing meaningful roles.   A coaching staff is always a work-in-progress.....and better to see the HC recognizing where improvements need to be made instead of being in a situation like were were with CTT when he hung onto the BBQ boys despite evidence that changes were needed.

I say this in a postiive way....Chiz is a calculating planner.   He knows what should be done....and is going to do it. 

Great post.  My thoughts exactly. 

I have not posted alot lately but today Im home due to an outpatient procedure and I feel the need to post on some things today.  By no means am I telling anyone what to do, just about to state what works for me.  I started this after CGC first year.  I saw and was told what was happening and a lot of you on here know what I'm talking about.  Enough rambling, let's just say I'm very selective on what I watch and listen to these days.  I have my Auburn Family I talk too and read what they wrote.  Im even seeing the war brought to our homes (message boards like these),  I take all the negative press and pre meditated things as compliments.  People around us are worried about the momentum we got started last year and I for one think its still going.  People that we have in place (that get paid big bucks to do what they do, do not do their job from the seat of their pants, they plan ahead and things that are not planned have plans for things that happen suddenly.  (if that makes sense).  Sorry for the rambling I tried to make it short as possible. 

Scarbo is paid for his opinoin.  Some cracks have shown this past month or two at Auburn.  I didn't read the article so I can't say if I agree or not but I've heard just as many bama fans dog him as auburn.  You hear what you want and both schools say he's a homer for the other.  He calls it like he sees it.  Doesn't mean it's right or that I agree with it all, but it's better than some other people's reporting.

I have not posted alot lately but today Im home due to an outpatient procedure and I feel the need to post on some things today.  By no means am I telling anyone what to do, just about to state what works for me.  I started this after CGC first year.   I saw and was told what was happening and a lot of you on here know what I'm talking about.  Enough rambling, let's just say I'm very selective on what I watch and listen to these days.  I have my Auburn Family I talk too and read what they wrote.  Im even seeing the war brought to our homes (message boards like these),  I take all the negative press and pre meditated things as compliments.  People around us are worried about the momentum we got started last year and I for one think its still going.  People that we have in place (that get paid big bucks to do what they do, do not do their job from the seat of their pants, they plan ahead and things that are not planned have plans for things that happen suddenly.  (if that makes sense).  Sorry for the rambling I tried to make it short as possible. 

The technical term for plans that are made to mitigate unexpected events are 'contingency plans'.  It's a pretty common thing in many vocations or businesses, particularly the military, to have contingency plans. 

Heck, we all essentially have contingency plans by buying insurance.

I have not posted alot lately but today Im home due to an outpatient procedure and I feel the need to post on some things today.  By no means am I telling anyone what to do, just about to state what works for me.  I started this after CGC first year.   I saw and was told what was happening and a lot of you on here know what I'm talking about.  Enough rambling, let's just say I'm very selective on what I watch and listen to these days.  I have my Auburn Family I talk too and read what they wrote.  Im even seeing the war brought to our homes (message boards like these),  I take all the negative press and pre meditated things as compliments.  People around us are worried about the momentum we got started last year and I for one think its still going.  People that we have in place (that get paid big bucks to do what they do, do not do their job from the seat of their pants, they plan ahead and things that are not planned have plans for things that happen suddenly.  (if that makes sense).  Sorry for the rambling I tried to make it short as possible. 

These are the types of post I seek comfort in. Message well received. Merry Christmas and WDE!

Enjoyed this post.

WDE :wedance:

These are the types of post I seek comfort in. Message well received. Merry Christmas and WDE!

Archived