Gus Leaving affecting recruiting

aupharmd15

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it will depend on who we hire to replace him.  We have recruited to the spread offense and I hope we continue a similar type systym.  CGM set many offensive records at AU and I wish him the best......

I don't follow a lot of players on twitter but one I have kept up with is Jaquay Williams who just tweeted "He sat there and looked in me and my mom's eyes with a smile in front of his wife #AndLied"  Not sure what the wife part is about but that definitely sounds like it is directed at Malzahn.  I have no idea what CGM leaving might do to recruiting but it sounds like its starting. 

We are *****- plain & simple. This is BAD for recruiting. Lets be honest, kids are amped about CGMs offense. People say what it did in 2010. Kids wants to be part of that.

Think we lose Williams, Parks and Ricardo Lewis and maybe more.

A TON is going to depend on who we bring in next. That SOB Urban Meyer is going to swoop all over Williams. Kids lots of times commit to coaches and not so much to the school. The coaches create the atmosphere that makes the kids comfortable. The coaches are the ones that come into kids houses and look the kids & parents in the eyes.

Not good.

**EDIT: Please watch the language.

Not so fast may friends. If we can get Craig to be QB coach and Stoops to be DC we may not lose much and will finish strong.

Not so fast may friends. If we can get Craig to be QB coach and Stoops to be DC we may not lose much and will finish strong.

I don't get this line of thinking.  Craig is already a QB coach in a terrific place where he's obviously happy and successful.  No way he comes to Auburn when things are in transition for the same job.

I do think continuity would help with guys like Williams and Parks.

I don't get this line of thinking.  Craig is already a QB coach in a terrific place where he's obviously happy and successful.  No way he comes to Auburn when things are in transition for the same job.

I do think continuity would help with guys like Williams and Parks.

Much more money and it's where he wanted to be. I am saying at least QB coach. We could go fro more.

I don't know if y'all have looked at Jthaub's page, but as of his last update he'd talked to 5 of the 9 offensive recruits and they said they were all still coming to Auburn.  I don't know which they were, but that's what was on his page the last time I checked.  Hopefully the last 4 are solid as well!  War Eagle!

He just posted these names as those he has talked to:

Pike

Latu

Parks

Callahan

Hutcherson

Hope he gets in touch with Yeldon...

I don't know if y'all have looked at Jthaub's page, but as of his last update he'd talked to 5 of the 9 offensive recruits and they said they were all still coming to Auburn.  I don't know which they were, but that's what was on his page the last time I checked.  Hopefully the last 4 are solid as well!  War Eagle!

Pike

Latu

Parks

Callahan

Hutcherson

Pike

Latu

Parks

Callahan

Hutcherson

Thank you! I needed that good news. Hopefully we will get some more good news tomorrow!

Pike

Latu

Parks

Callahan

Hutcherson

Counter Argument is this: These are 17-18 year old kids and potentially pre-mature announcements, right? If the new OC doesn't run their style or isn't flashy enough, doesn't that change perception and decisions? I'll hang up and listen, TIA! WDE

Pike

Latu

Parks

Callahan

Hutcherson

Counter Argument is this: These are 17-18 year old kids and potentially pre-mature announcements, right? If the new OC doesn't run their style or isn't flashy enough, doesn't that change perception and decisions? I'll hang up and listen, TIA! WDE

Yes. you are right. Most of them said that yes, the new OC will impact them and their decisions, but they are planning on staying with Auburn, no matter what bc they committed to Auburn, not Gus

Pike

Latu

Parks

Callahan

Hutcherson

Thank you! I needed that good news. Hopefully we will get some more good news tomorrow!

Thank Jthaub!  He's the one who has done all of the work and talked to the recruits.  I just wanted to make sure people heard the news :)

Pike

Latu

Parks

Callahan

Hutcherson

Yes. you are right. Most of them said that yes, the new OC will impact them and their decisions, but they are planning on staying with Auburn, no matter what bc they committed to Auburn, not Gus

:thumbsup: Good, quick digging. Thanks!

Archived