heres what i think

chizhead

and some of you don't give a damn what i think,which is fine because i don't give a damn what you think....now that is out of the way,here is something to think about: i'm just going to speculate a little based on the way things are lining up.....i don't know anything,nor do i have any "inside" information,i'm just basing my speculation on the actions of chizik and how he is handling things....our new OC,will actually be co-coordinators....trooper and luper and he will bring in a QB coach.....curtis luper is one smart man and knows football....trooper knows the passing game and we go back to a conventional offense.....notice the size of the runningbacks coming in next year?...they ain't spread the field type guys.....they are bigger and stronger backs....i may be totally out in left field,but i have a hunch that the OC will come from within,and i like the idea.....remember when larry blakney and pat sullivan ran our offense?....that worked out pretty well,didn't it?

I just don't understand why Coach Chizik would want to change the offensive scheme, when just 11 months ago, it was successful at the highest level in college football.  Why change a system/philosophy that has been proven to work?.  A system that many players came to AU to play in.

Since defenses have watched and played against the spread for a long time now, I think it's starting to catch up to these offenses and even shut them down. The spread was fun to watch when it first came out, but now I think it's time to maybe go to some kind of pro set.

Since defenses have watched and played against the spread for a long time now, I think it's starting to catch up to these offenses and even shut them down. The spread was fun to watch when it first came out, but now I think it's time to maybe go to some kind of pro set.

I hope we don't look like Florida when trying to switch to a pro set offense.  :-X

Football goes through ever-changing cycles, and the spread, west-coast, pro, I, split, wishbone, flexbone, veer, notre dame box, etc... come and go. I for one, would be happy if we ran multiple sets and weren't just dead set on running whoever's system. A good coordinator will taylor his offense around his personnel. And yes I would be all for the Luper/Trooper Super Duper Pro-Spread Multiple Offense!

:partey:

and yes Coach Blakeney and Sullivan were pretty darn good...

How did the Nallsminger offense work out?

IMO you need one person calling the plays. It would cause too much friction otherwise.

I have always thought that also, but Gus actually called the passing plays at Tulsa and their OL coach called thr running plays. They had the #1 and #2 O's the two years they did this. That proves to me that it can work. It just takes two guys smart enough to do it. That was our problem when we tried it IMO.  No offense to Nallsminger.

What is a pro set?  Does Green Bay run a pro set?  New Orleans? New England?

I like our offense because we are able to recruit and get big time playmakers.  I like that we don't run the same offense as Alabama (who has copied lots of our O) or the same defense.  Those facts helps us in recruiting because we are not always trying to go up against the REC for the players we need.

I don't like the idea of two bosses.  But if CCL is the man then let him call the offense the way he wants.  If CCL is the man then I love that we might be able to get Craig to come in coach QB's and be groomed as the next OC. 

What is a pro set?  Does Green Bay run a pro set?  New Orleans? New England?

I like our offense because we are able to recruit and get big time playmakers.  I like that we don't run the same offense as Alabama (who has copied lots of our O) or the same defense.  Those facts helps us in recruiting because we are not always trying to go up against the REC for the players we need.I don't like the idea of two bosses.  But if CCL is the man then let him call the offense the way he wants.  If CCL is the man then I love that we might be able to get Craig to come in coach QB's and be groomed as the next OC.   

I agree, I think our staff has been so successful recruiting because we aren't the conventional SEC team.  AU showed that Coach Chizik's offensive and defensive schemes are successful at the highest level of college football.  Why should he change his philosophy now, after winning a NC only a few months ago just because uat/lsu run something different.  Chizik's is a proven success. 

Guys, no one knows who will be the OC. I makes a lot of sinces to promote from with in, will that happen I don't know. Either way it will be an offense that is Auburns, do I believe that it will be CGM style, no, I  think we will run a  modified offense some where between a spreed hurry up and a pro set. For sure we need a balance attack offense that does not depend on trick plays. The SEC has always won championships on haed nosed balanced offenses and bone jarring defenses. For all the positives that Gus brought to the table, his play book ran out and it showed this year, because the defense knew what we running before the ball was snapped.

Guys, no one knows who will be the OC. I makes a lot of sinces to promote from with in, will that happen I don't know. Either way it will be an offense that is Auburns, do I believe that it will be CGM style, no, I  think we will run a  modified offense some where between a spreed hurry up and a pro set. For sure we need a balance attack offense that does not depend on trick plays. The SEC has always won championships on haed nosed balanced offenses and bone jarring defenses. For all the positives that Gus brought to the table, his play book ran out and it showed this year, because the defense knew what we running before the ball was snapped.

very astute observation,old school tiger.....coaches don't sit on the pier at their lake homes and drink beer all summer,do they?....they watch film and gameplan and look for keys....some of you are giving malzahn way too much credit for last year,when you ought to be praising cam newton....he made those magnificent plays and used his big body to cover malzahns mistakes....this season was embarrassing,and what made it so bad was that the "mad scientist" had no clue how to fix it....it was time for him to go,and no, i don't think he will be a successful head coach

very astute observation,old school tiger.....coaches don't sit on the pier at their lake homes and drink beer all summer,do they?....they watch film and gameplan and look for keys....some of you are giving malzahn way too much credit for last year,when you ought to be praising cam newton....he made those magnificent plays and used his big body to cover malzahns mistakes....this season was embarrassing,and what made it so bad was that the "mad scientist" had no clue how to fix it....it was time for him to go,and no, i don't think he will be a successful head coach

So what other players do you credit for Malzahn's successes at other stints ?

Heck man that's old news. I have a low tolerance for people who can't tolerate opposing opinion, living in Al I have more of it than any human should or could have the ability to withstand. A portion of what I do for a living, you have to venture into enemy territory for material, info and knowledge. I have a low tolerance for people who can't handle it. You don't learn your strengths or your weaknesses by listening to your friends, only your enemies.

Heck man that's old news. I have a low tolerance for people who can't tolerate opposing opinion, living in Al I have more of it than any human should or could have the ability to withstand. A portion of what I do for a living, you have to venture into enemy territory for material, info and knowledge. I have a low tolerance for people who can't handle it. You don't learn your strengths or your weaknesses by listening to your friends, only your enemies.

:laugh:  Good atitude. 

WDE !!!

So what other players do you credit for Malzahn's successes at other stints ?

he had felix jones and darren mcfadden at arkie and he was going against MAC defenses when he was qat tulsa....if you have watched MAC games,you quickly notice that defense is an afterthought....his first year here,he had a senior qb,and an NFL runningback and the defenses in the conference weren't familiar with this type offense,and frankly,didn't take it seriously......then cam gets here and makes it all work....this year,he didn't know what the hell to do....did this offense look like it had been coached like an SEC offense should be?....the defenses in this conference can only be tricked a few times and then they blow it up in your face

Archived