AU vs. FAMU

AuburnBasketball

Ugly win.. Chubb looked good, but rest of the team really sloppy..

Anyway we are 7-1 and hopefully that will breed an attitude of winning.. That being said, we definitely need to improve for SEC play.

Congrats to Coach Barbee on # 100!!

:we:

Only caught the latter part of the second half Jonesy but he looked pretty good from that point on.

I think he had 21 on the night..

6/11 in the paint practically, he missed at least 4 lay ups that should have dropped. He struggled grabbing boards. Points only tell a small piece of the story.

Only caught the latter part of the second half Jonesy but he looked pretty good from that point on.

I think he had 21 on the night..

6/11 in the paint practically, he missed at least 4 lay ups that should have dropped. He struggled grabbing boards. Points only tell a small piece of the story.

I see what you're saying re: Chubb, but the dude is light years better than he was lastyear.  His technique, confidence, and aggressiveness have all come a long way from this time last year.  Last year I said he was the worst player in the SEC, and I still think he was.  He can hold his own now. 

They are certainly playing down to their competition. I think they still look better than last year, but they will probably have to play a real team or two to wake up and play to their full potential. I'm hoping that it happens at the Hawaii tourny, but it might not happen until the beginning of SEC play. I think that they will drop a couple of those early games, then start playing UP to their competition and start surprising people. Then the question is how well they pick themselves up after a beating. I'm no expert, but with the way they are playing right now that's my guess for how the season will go.

I see what you're saying re: Chubb, but the dude is light years better than he was lastyear.  His technique, confidence, and aggressiveness have all come a long way from this time last year.  Last year I said he was the worst player in the SEC, and I still think he was.  He can hold his own now. 

Nobody here is arguing that he's not better than he was last year.

i wrote a paragraph after the game that was generally positive about some of the guys and the energy i perceived they played with ... my computer hosed up and did not post the message ... i then watched barbee's post game presser and i am now glad i did not get my paragraph posted, because he pretty much slammed the things i would have written about.  i clearly am not an educated basketball fan, although i enjoy watching these guys play.

my general impression of this team is they are better and could be quite good, if they will eliminate some of these jr. high level mistakes.  no doubt in my mind that they would have lost a couple of these games last year, including last night.  heck, they have been shooting FT's in the 70's the last few games ... did that happend once last year? 

Archived