Cam sets rookie record for TDs...

AuburnHardware

And he may have gotten 10 seconds of TV coverage yesterday because of the nonstop Tebow coverage.  They have made a huge celebrity of the most talentless player.  He is like a Kardashian.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/12/cam_newton_sets_nfl_rookie_rec.html

Is that 5 or 6 records and 18 yards from 6-7 records for Super Cam? It's getting hard to keep count.

I know it was 4 in the frist 3 games, one of them his own record.

I want to say another for rushing TD's by a rookie a few weeks ago.

Now the Rookie TD record

and on the verge of the rookie passing yardage record in which he has to complete one or 2 passes to break.

Did I miss something? or am I wrong about something?

And he may have gotten 10 seconds of TV coverage yesterday because of the nonstop Tebow coverage.  They have made a huge celebrity of the most talentless player.  He is like a Kardashian.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/12/cam_newton_sets_nfl_rookie_rec.html

I'm a Tebow fan.  He is an enigma as a QB, but he finds ways to win.  It is unfortunate the hype that surrounds him; but, if anybody can do something positive with that platform, it's Tim Tebow.  I believe he's grounded enough not to let the fame and success go to his head.

Guest JNieder51188

tebow is talentless? wow, its amazing how much people forget what he did at the college level. and he's also doing that at the pro level...winning.

Some people just have to hate for some reason or another.  Tis a shame.

Congrats to Cam for the wonderful year he is having.  I never doubted he would be a huge success in the NFL.

Congrats also to Tim Tebo for the courage and determination he has shown and for being the leader and winner that he has always been.

Tebow is a leader, but as far as wins go let's wait until he beats a top tier team in the nfl before all the tebow lovers start slobbering again. He still has a long way to go to prove to me that he belongs in the nfl. I think the pats showed he isn't all that great. Not sure why all the love for tebow is out there. He's got determination but I don't think he will ever make it to the level most think he has been playing at. Much less the pedistal the tebow lovers have put him on. He has zero quality wins. Zero!

Tebow is dead last in the league in completion percentage. I don't doubt that he has a strong will to win but his rah-rah act alone won't keep him in the league--he needs to make some pretty sizable changes.

Tebow is a leader, but as far as wins go let's wait until he beats a top tier team in the nfl before all the tebow lovers start slobbering again. He still has a long way to go to prove to me that he belongs in the nfl. I think the pats showed he isn't all that great. Not sure why all the love for tebow is out there. He's got determination but I don't think he will ever make it to the level most think he has been playing at. Much less the pedistal the tebow lovers have put him on. He has zero quality wins. Zero!

It may have something to do with the fact that he's not the most talented and skilled QB but he maximizes the talent that he does have.  There's something virtuous about getting full use out of the talents one has been blessed with.

I think Tebow is a great person, terrible NFL QB, a masterful motivator, and a winner.

God laid his hand on Tebow and said you will spread my message through football.

I did laugh when they started calling him the 'Mile High Messiah'.

As for the actual playing of the sport, the Broncos D has made the games winnable. They played against one of the worst D's in the NFL in the Patriots and scored more points than usual, but the Broncos D finally couldn't hold up enough. It isn't easy against Brady, Welker, and crew.

Is that 5 or 6 records and 18 yards from 6-7 records for Super Cam? It's getting hard to keep count.

I know it was 4 in the frist 3 games, one of them his own record.

I want to say another for rushing TD's by a rookie a few weeks ago.

Now the Rookie TD record

and on the verge of the rookie passing yardage record in which he has to complete one or 2 passes to break.

Did I miss something? or am I wrong about something?

The rushing TD's by a QB is the all-time record for QB's, not just rookies. Steve Grogan, of all people, held that record.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

But...but.....Greg McElroy was SO MUCH MORE prepared for the NFL and will be so much more successful.....

Yeah, that's right.  How many records has he broken?  No . . . wait. . . I believe he did break something. . . HIS THUMB!

It's great that a thread that started out complaining about Tebow getting all the coverage ended up talking about Tebow. Just goes to show people pay attention to him, which is all the TV people care about.

But...but.....Greg McElroy was SO MUCH MORE prepared for the NFL and will be so much more successful.....

:rolleyes::laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

Yep, all those Cam haters were right. It's amazing he helped us win the Championship, since all he can do is run the ball.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Below is an updated link of Cam's current rookie record breaking year in the NFL. It's the Scab writing, but it's a good article. wish he would have listed all of cam's records that he broke this year though.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/12/cam_newton_constructs_second_s.html

I too like Tebow. I like him because he is a Christian. I know that in itself  does not make a great NFL QB. But Kyle Orton started the first five games in which the Broncos were 1-4. Since Tebow has been the starter Denver is in line to make the playoffs. Is Tebow a finished product? Absolutely not. But he has found a way to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat several times this season. And most importantly, I think he has touched some lives and has led some people to Christ.

Archived