Baseball To Add 16 For Fall 2012

The Auburn baseball program will welcome 16 newcomers into the program next fall, head coach John Pawlowski has announced. The class consists of 11 high school seniors and five junior college transfers and is currently ranked 11th in the Perfect Game recruiting rankings.

"We are very excited about this group of 2012 signees and the talents that they will bring to the Plains." Pawlowski said. "Our coaching staff worked extremely hard in recruiting these special players to Auburn. We believe this is an elite class on a national level. We have two gold medalists, several all-Americans and a good mixture of high school and transfer players. We are committed to bringing the best student-athletes to Auburn University to compete for championships and we are very proud of the 2012 class."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/021412aab.html

I'm afraid Dahl and Russell will never make it to campus. Those are two studs that have good shots to be 1st-round draft picks.

Hope I'm wrong though. We need talents like this on the Plains.

I'm afraid Dahl and Russell will never make it to campus. Those are two studs that have good shots to be 1st-round draft picks.

Hope I'm wrong though. We need talents like this on the Plains.

Yeah we do. It's so frustrating to lose talented kids to the draft, but I do understand why they skip college baseball.

• 2 months later...

Free article on Scout about Rock Rucker today.

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1181025.html

The part where he says the recruits all talk and keep in touch with eachother gave me a little hope that most or all of these guys would make it to campus.

But then when he says, “If the opportunity is there you kind of have to take it. If not I hope some of us will be at Auburn this fall. That would be nice.” That makes me think no way Dahl and Russell make it to Auburn. Every mock draft I've looked at has both of them in the 1st Round.

Would love to hear if anyone is close to any of our signees and if you think they will end up at Auburn.

Watch out for some interesting prospects who might be doing walk on tryouts  ;)

C'mon man!  You can't leave a comment like that!  I know you want to say who/what/why ... Spill the beans!

You mean the two-sport variety? :-X

You mean the two-sport variety? :-X

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

How many players are on a college baseball team?

Yeah, good question.  NCAA limits baseball rosters to 35, with a maximum of 27 receiving scholarship money.  11.7 total scholarships available, so those "preferred walk-ons" help a ton.  Title IX  was brutal on baseball.

How many players are on a college baseball team?

Yeah, good question.  NCAA limits baseball rosters to 35, with a maximum of 27 receiving scholarship money.  11.7 total scholarships available, so those "preferred walk-ons" help a ton.  Title IX  was brutal on baseball.

Title IX wastes a ton of money.

C'mon man!  You can't leave a comment like that!  I know you want to say who/what/why ... Spill the beans!

Wanting to and being able to are two different things my friend  :)

Wanting to and being able to are two different things my friend  :)

alrighty then!

so which is:

want to and unable or

able and dont want to or

dont want to AND unable?

or ...  :D

Archived