2013 4* RB Ty Isaac (USC signee & transferred to Michigan)

buzzardspoint

I assure you I was not alive for the 1913 season (but Golf could probably tell us all about it.) 

I imagine they had some pretty good talent that year too.  (you don't have to be old to realize that AU has had some pretty darn good teams and talent over the years, you just have to be interested enough to read about the history.)

Here are Auburn's games in 1913, with opponent records, and final score.

Mercer                (2-5-1)       53-0

Florida                (4-3-0)       55-0

Clemson,             (4-4-0)       20-0

Mississippi State   (6-1-1)       34-0

LSU                    (6-1-2)         7-0 

Georgia Tech        (7-2-0)       20-0

Vanderbilt            (5-3-0)       14-6 

Georgia               (6-2-0)        21-7

^^THIS^^

That 1913 bunch was pretty incredible, and the following year's defense did not allow a point the entire season (we had one scoreless tie, but no other blemishes). Seems like I remember we were undefeated with one tie in 1908 as well. 57 and 58 were pretty outstanding years, too.

And then you get to Sullivan and Beasley, the Amazins', Punt Bama Punt, Joe Cribbs, James Brooks, William Andrews, Bo Over the Top, NYT National Championship in 83, Tracy Rocker, Iron Bowl 89, 20 straight in 93 and 94, Dameyune does it all, Rudi runs for the record, Go Crazy Cadillac, undefeated in 04...

Yeah, there's been a lot of talent come through the Loveliest Village, and that talent has done a lot of good things. This is why we keep saying Auburn is still Auburn, no matter what; we've got a pretty good track record.

In the old days we didn't have all the camps to compare people from small schools against kids from big schools so it was a much more inexact science. That is why people like BO were not rated anywhere near where they should have been. Our coaches knew Bo should have been a five we knew he should have been a running back Bama thought he would be a great Linebacker.

Even know there are many kids for personal reasons, financial reasons, etc who don't go to all the camps so are rated lower than they should be.  Finally until you work with a player you don't know what is inside him. Two guys 6 feet 4 inches tall run 4.35 40 same vertical leap same arm length one goes on to become all pro one for some reason (Usiually work ethic) never even becomes a starter.  Stars count more 5 stars percentage wise make an impact then 3 stars pecentage why but stars are not the end all.  So while we want to go after the best players a good coach sometimes sees something in a lesser ranked player that he thinks is worth taking a chance on. We have had Walk-ons make a huge impact at Auburn over the years. 

Yeah. Like Kevin Greene. You want to talk about a monster?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kid is legit, but that competition is atrocious.

The same can be said about OJ Howard.  Good kid but competition in AISA I is pretty weak.

Kid is legit, but that competition is atrocious.

The same can be said about OJ Howard.  Good kid but competition in AISA I is pretty weak.

Same for bammer commit ArDarius Stewart. Watched him play last year against some terrible competition and there's no way he should be in the Rivals 100. 

• 1 month later...

Who was the running back prospect from Illinois that visited auburn?  I believe he had over 500 yds in the Illinois state championship game last year.  He is cousins with whitehead.

Can anyone summarize?

Auburn went into Illinois in 2012 and signed four-star OT Jordan Diamond. The Tigers are back in Illinois in 2013 hoping to sign Rivals100 RB Ty Isaac....

http://auburn.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1353115&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

It's pretty much you basic recruiting article.

He liked his visit to Auburn and we're in the hunt it seems. He would like to make another visit in the future, but nothing is setup yet.

#2 running back, Ty Isaac

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I talked to Coach Luper briefly last week and I will try and get in touch with him again this week," said Isaac, 6-foot-3, 215 pounds. "I met him during my visit and really liked him. I really liked all of the coaches."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

"When I visited, I really liked it," he said. "There was just something different about it, and not in a bad way. It was a good different. I liked the people there. I just got a good overall vibe at Auburn.

"I would like to go back, but I don't know when I would. I really don't have any idea what I'm going to be doing the rest of the spring and summer."

Said he will commit when it feels right, and that he's only going to visit schools he's interested in.

• 1 month later...

how does that "jack-leg" kiffin get kids to come play for him, regardless of what school he is coaching ...

this just goes to show the brilliance of the usc admin ... bring in a renowned recruiter while the program is taking its deserved lumps, then a year or so on the backside of probabtion - stacked with talent - get a real x and o's coach to demolish people with the sick amount of talent.

Fact is, he was never considering AU that hard and is not our #1 RB target. I'm sure he will have a great career at USCw, congrats Ty!

I'm going by how Isaac is cumulatively rated among the major recruiting sites. That's pretty much the gauge we all go by.....right?

You do realize that Auburn heavily recruited this kid? Isaac was a top target early on. He just liked other schools better than us and things like that happens.

He was a top target early on, but after his visit and discussions with the staff it became clear we were not high on his list. That is why we have been focusing our attention to other backs who are now considered our top prospects like Tyshon Dye, Derrick Green, Ryan Green, Jordan Wilkins, Kailo Moore, Tarean Folston, and Alvin Kamara.

At the end of the day, even from the beginning, Issac was either staying home or heading West...

Guest jrljr

Fast but will he ever be a complete back? His film consists of pretty much one play run to the right or left. :dunno:

I'm not gonna degrade the #1 RB prospect because of a few highlights on a youtube video don't excite me. The people who knows more than me, says he's legit. Just because he didn't choose to wear the O&B doesn't make him less of a prospect.

Auburn was still one of his top 3 choices as he picked SoCal over Michigan and us.

Archived