2013 4* RB Ty Isaac (USC signee & transferred to Michigan)

buzzardspoint

http://247sports.com/Player/Ty-Isaac-10733?pi=2272

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5476027

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Ty-Isaac-112403;_ylt=ApxPX_SfGXVvz2hItJYKACM_rJB4

Bryan Matthews says he is the #4 RB in 2013 and is visiting

Ht: 6-2 | Wt: 215 | 40: 4.45 |

Also, from Justin Hokanson

The nation's No. 2 running back prospect talks about his interest in Auburn, and whether he will take a visit to the Plains this weekend with his family...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People can gripe all they want about losing some of the big name HS recruits this year but never in AU history has the school been able to get so many highly rated kids to visit the school and even give consideration to Auburn. 

There is no question in my mind that the BCSNC is paying dividends and that despite the efforts of the state-wide media to dismiss AU, Chiz and his staff are getting the message out to other parts of the country that don't pay attention to the finescums of the state. 

AU signed a powerful class for 2012 and already are getting on the short list for some impressive kids for next season.

:we:

People can gripe all they want about losing some of the big name HS recruits this year but never in AU history has the school been able to get so many highly rated kids to visit the school and even give consideration to Auburn. 

There is no question in my mind that the BCSNC is paying dividends and that despite the efforts of the state-wide media to dismiss AU, Chiz and his staff are getting the message out to other parts of the country that don't pay attention to the finescums of the state. 

AU signed a powerful class for 2012 and already are getting on the short list for some impressive kids for next season.

I agree, but at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter if you come in 2nd or last for a kid. Either way he did not come to AU. "If you're not first, then you're last" quote applies to these situations unfortunately.

I agree, but at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter if you come in 2nd or last for a kid. Either way he did not come to AU. "If you're not first, then you're last" quote applies to these situations unfortunately.

You can't "sell" them on Auburn if you can't get them to look.  The more studs that look the better the odds of getting more signed. 

That's true but when you are fishing in a national pond, you are not going to get them all but the ones you get are worth bringing home.   I don't mind losing some of them...or even most of them 'cause the quality of players we sign is definitely improving.  

Another factor is that it seems most of those guys in addition to being 4 or 5* talent are also good enough students that we don't have to worry about academic qualification.   And there is a benefit to Auburn for up-and-coming kids to see our name in the top 5 for these national recruits....gets us in the door and the more we are able to bring on campus, the better results we will have.

Huge getting this kid on campus! I don't believe Jordan Diamond visited us many times this year but I know he came during the spring or summer. Love that we are attracting such interest from such highly touted kids

Well he is definitely playing against inferior talent, however he is very much a TJ Yeldon clone which is a good thing.

:believe::we::believe:

Hopefully just a clone of his football abilities.

That's true except the reality is that on average a school will put out 125-150 offers in a given year and sign 25 so that means you wont hit on over 100 -125. The fact is that if you are able to attract the top players, the chances go up that you will land more of them.

The way we went after the top players in the country for the '12 class, even though we didn't land every one, is already paying big dividends in attracting top recruits to the program in '13. The Armstead, Goldman, Diggs,Young and Diamond efforts did wonders for the AU program and AU Coaches let everybody know that we back down from nobody and will go after anybody.

Recruits and their Parents not only took notice of that but also in the way our Staff conducts themselves with class and honesty.  The top players look forward to that AU offer and visit. Since we are close to a full roster now our classes will be smaller, allowing the coaches to be more selective and spend more time on each recruit. I think the trend will be to see more 5*s, along with the same number of 4*s we get now, in future classes.   

That's true except the reality is that on average a school will put out 125-150 offers in a given year and sign 25 so that means you wont hit on over 100 -125. The fact is that if you are able to attract the top players, the chances go up that you will land more of them.

The way we went after the top players in the country for the '12 class, even though we didn't land every one, is already paying big dividends in attracting top recruits to the program in '13. The Armstead, Goldman, Diggs,Young and Diamond efforts did wonders for the AU program and AU Coaches let everybody know that we back down from nobody and will go after anybody.

touche'

Recruits and their Parents not only took notice of that but also in the way our Staff conducts themselves with class and honesty.  The top players look forward to that AU offer and visit. Since we are close to a full roster now our classes will be smaller, allowing the coaches to be more selective and spend more time on each recruit. I think the trend will be to see more 5*s, along with the same number of 4*s we get now, in future classes.   

This young man is a beast! I agree with those who believe that having our name on so many "short lists" this year will only help us in the future. Texas and USC have done this with great success. The advantage we have is The Family. It won't appeal to all, but it will help us bring in the national talent qualified to be Auburn Men.

This also has an effect on locals in that they see these national kids looking and it will maybe make them look at AU in a way a'lot of these guys would not have otherwise.

:believe: :believe:

RB Ty Isaac may go on a unofficial to Auburn on Friday. He's a Top 5 RB on Rivals and 247.

His stats from last season: 2,629 yards, 51 total TDs. 515 yards in the State Championship game alone.

RB Ty Isaac may go on a unofficial to Auburn on Friday. He's a Top 5 RB on Rivals and 247.

His stats from last season: 2,629 yards, 51 total TDs. 515 yards in the State Championship game alone.

This guy is a monster beast. Yeh i said monster beast.

Can we recruit the right side of his O-Line too. Granted this guy is a good RB, but look at the holes the right side of his line opens up for him!

I love his running style. His long, strong strides make it look like he's not going very fast, but then you see him leave defenders in the dust. What I like most is how he doesn't waste any lateral movement, everything is downhill and vertical with just enough lateral movement to move past a defender.

Well he is definitely playing against inferior talent, however he is very much a TJ Yeldon clone which is a good thing.

Not bashing, but let's stop bringing up TJY's name on here in comparison to anyone.  He is a turd now, and therefore deserves no mention.

Late 80's and early 90's saw some really good recruits come AU's way. Stephen Davis was the #1 RB. I believe Pedro Cherry was really highly ranked-knew him while at AU, really nice guy, unfortunately for him & AU he injured his knee. But you are correct this staff is getting kids from way out of AU's normal recruiting base to come visit and that is a good thing.

Not bashing, but let's stop bringing up TJY's name on here in comparison to anyone.  He is a turd now, and therefore deserves no mention.

I was thinking that he looked more like an Eddie George clone anyway!

Mr Isaac is Jermaine Whiteheads cousin :cool:

Always good to have family ties. And speaking of family thats what Auburn is all about. I hope we land this kid.

Archived