2013 3* DL Rod Crayton (Southern Miss signee)

CR

Is Crayton high on the DL wish list for AU next season? Any info would be appreciated.

Is Crayton high on the DL wish list for AU next season? Any info would be appreciated.

I don't believe Crayton has a committable offer.

I think BM said that he doesnt really have a committable offer because of his height and he has some sort of defect of some sort on his foot

he is from dadeville, where i grew up.  my dad works out in the field house and says crayton is repping 385 on the incline.  there is a guy who works at the high school who is a former backup center for alabama (who was trying his best to get hutchinson to swith to bama) who said that crayton is the strongest person he has ever seen.  his cousin is rodney crayton, starting CB for auburn from like 97-2000.

• 3 months later...

Just listed as #9 player in the state of Alabama. I think it speaks volumes to the state of recruiting for Auburn and Alabama that neither school has offered the #9 player/4* DT?

I think BM said that he doesnt really have a committable offer because of his height and he has some sort of defect of some sort on his foot

Didn't stop LSU, Michigan, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc... from offering him. 

Just listed as #9 player in the state of Alabama. I think it speaks volumes to the state of recruiting for Auburn and Alabama that neither school has offered the #9 player/4* DT?

has a lot to do with him being shorter in height and shorter arms. When a 6'5 OL with long arms gets a hold of his pads it'll be very tough to use his incredible strength.

has a lot to do with him being shorter in height and shorter arms. When a 6'5 OL with long arms gets a hold of his pads it'll be very tough to use his incredible strength.

Plus serious questions about his ability to use leverage, since he is missing 1/2 of one foot.

Plus serious questions about his ability to use leverage, since he is missing 1/2 of one foot.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess my question would be, given the above issues, why does Rivas have him #9 in Alabama and a 4* recruit?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess my question would be, given the above issues, why does Rivas have him #9 in Alabama and a 4* recruit?

Because they dont want to rank him a 2* like they did with Sen'Derrick Marks and get embarrassed. Marks was also about 6'1 when he signed with AU but his offer list was not even in the same ball park as Crayton's.

• 2 months later...

Crayton has not and will not be offered. The last DT spot will be taken by Adams.

That and crayton is better suited for a 3-4 D

• 4 weeks later...

anyone else think if we have any extra room we should offer this kid i mean in state d tackle who is a beast i dont see any reason why we shouldn't offer him if we have room.

We run a 4-3. Crayton is a prototypical 3-4 NT. We will likely not offer.

is it more for this reason or is it we already have 1 dt commited and hoping for adams?

I've seen Crayton play. In fact, I've coached a bunch of the Craytons of Jackson's Gap in youth league baseball, going all the way back to former AU CB Rodney.

I simply don't think Rod is fast enough to play SEC football. He can stop up a hole if he gets to it, but there would be a bunch of holes that he doesn't reach on time.

is it more for this reason or is it we already have 1 dt commited and hoping for adams?

We are likele done on the D Line if we do not get Monty.

wow that surprises me I thought we would take antother shot at Demarcus walker kid from Fl. if we lost on adams.

wow that surprises me I thought we would take antother shot at Demarcus walker kid from Fl. if we lost on adams.

We will continue to recruit him but do not expect a flip. If we got him that would be a dynamic of 3 DEs to 1 DT on a recruiting class for a 4-3 D.

I personally think that would be a mistake. Hope we get Monty, but if not what about Kelsey Griffin? I know he narrowed it down to UGA and USCe, but UGA already has 3 DTs committed. It would have to be a late push...

I personally think that would be a mistake. Hope we get Monty, but if not what about Kelsey Griffin? I know he narrowed it down to UGA and USCe, but UGA already has 3 DTs committed. It would have to be a late push...

I would love Kelsey but from everything I hear he is all dawg right now. I am noy saying I agree with only 3 DLs. Just saying that is the staff's plan right now if we miss on Monty.

Archived