Auburn vs Purdue

Right now AU is the antithesis of a small ball team. Coach has to play the players he has but this idea that we can pitch, walk and steal our way to victory might work against some smaller schools but will never get it done in the SEC. 

I understand it's early and all that but a month of practice and ten games into the season....the fundamentals should look better than they did last night.

They were hitting Varnadore hard. Even we didn't allow any runs after the 2nd inning they were getting ahold of them. I will say I am sick of the lazy play on defense. Our outfield tries to be so nonchalant on a groundball and they will whiff or kick it letting a runner move up. So frustrating. And three different times this year Cooper has either been late to 1B or just fallen asleep and that happened last night when we had a guy picked off but Austin had to double clutch for Cooper to get there and we threw it in the outfield.

I also feel like we are running ourselves outta innings sometimes with these steals. I watched Purdue execure two perfect hit and runs and steal about twice. We on the other hand ran ourselves our of innings twice yesterday. Our pitching is still suspect. The bullpen is so hit and miss its scary.....

Overall this team has the capability of being a quality team but we lack the focus, execution and clutchness to be one. Three games now we've have either the winning or tying run on base in the 9th and we have failed to get em home. I still have faith in this team but it's frustrating that we are now 2-5 against teams with a pulse

Archived