2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

I hear what you all are saying.  They have got two young highly recruited underclassmen, a redshirt senior letterman, a juco transfer and two of the best backs in the country committed.  They do graduate two this year.  So, I guess they are getting some insurance. 

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear what you all are saying.  They have got two young highly recruited underclassmen, a redshirt senior letterman, a juco transfer and two of the best backs in the country committed.  They do graduate two this year.  So, I guess they are getting some insurance. 

The plan is for Redd to start.

The plan is for Redd to start.

I guess that says alot more then.  They will tie up 5 scholarships on tailbacks with only 75 scholarships to work with.

Rodgers is still in play whether USC has room or not.  I believe the distance will become a factor.

I agree but USC getting Silas Redd would make things easier for Auburn I believe.

E, why do they want Redd?  Don't they have the #1 and #2 backs on scout already committed?  What the heck is Kiffen doing?

if they get Redd its because they are in a win now mode. they have a great team and they feel like getting an elite running back will be the final piece. those recruits wont be in usc till next year Redd would strap up the pads as soon as he transfers

I thought this was an Auburn recruiting board about Khaliel Rodgers? Why has the last few pages been about USC recruits? It is plain to see Khaliel was wanting to go there since the beginning so what does all the talk about this kid from penitentiary ST and the injury to a player there have to do with Auburn? I thought this ship has sailed out to sea , he was offered and within a week he committed to them . Shouldn't this be in the "college football " forum? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I thought this was an Auburn recruiting board about Khaliel Rodgers? Why has the last few pages been about USC recruits? It is plain to see Khaliel was wanting to go there since the beginning so what does all the talk about this kid from penitentiary ST and the injury to a player there have to do with Auburn? I thought this ship has sailed out to sea , he was offered and within a week he committed to them . Shouldn't this be in the "college football " forum? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

because if the Pedophile ST player tranfers to USC then they likely wouldnt have room to keep Khaliel

They wouldn't offer K. Rodgers, accept his commitment, then "process" him. The coaches are way smarter than this especially since Rodgers is really close with Bigelow. They wouldn't risk losing both of them. JMO

They wouldn't offer K. Rodgers, accept his commitment, then "process" him. The coaches are way smarter than this especially since Rodgers is really close with Bigelow. They wouldn't risk losing both of them. JMO

This^^ Khaliel is all SC, IMO.

first off remember you are talking bout lame kiffin. second i dont think if khaliel committed to auburn usc would have to worry about bigelow coming too since we are cutting it close as is with who we have room for and who we dont

Lame is worse than Saban. Don't be surprised if he Holds Rodgers off on enrolling early and if Rodgers stays committed gets left out in the cold like Bammer did Philon last year.

Lame is worse than Saban. Don't be surprised if he Holds Rodgers off on enrolling early and if Rodgers stays committed gets left out in the cold like Bammer did Philon last year.

Yes, but by the time EE rolls around (January), if he doesn't make it, we will probably be full or overflowing, except for M Adams, and it will be too late for Bigelow to make a move.  And I can tell you, even Bigelow couldn't supplant " Big Dooley".  What you decribed is EXACTLY what Kiffin would do.

Yes, but by the time EE rolls around (January), if he doesn't make it, we will probably be full or overflowing, except for M Adams, and it will be too late for Bigelow to make a move.  And I can tell you, even Bigelow couldn't supplant " Big Dooley".  What you decribed is EXACTLY what Kiffin would do.

Bigelow is staying with USC no matter what happens to Rodgers. The sooner Rodgers sees that the better it will be for him...And if Bird is right and we are eventually able to get up to 25 signees then there may be room for Rodgers.

Bigelow played usc to offer Rodgers UsC wasn't going to bite until Rodgers dominated at rivals camp.  Bigelow isnt going anywhere but USC.  Rodgers however is still in play.

tbone - here is why the usc stuff is relevant

- we have assumed that Rodgers was recruited to secure the commitment of Bigelow

- we have assumed that USC doesn't perceive interior OL as a position of need, therefore Rodgers was not high on their board

- With sanctions, they are very tight on numbers

- Now we hear that a RB could transfer from Penn st.  Should he transfer in and not go pro immediately, that is one less scholarship they will have available to offer in the 2013 class.

- We see a report that a top DE will likely have surgery and redshirt, therefore he will occupy a scholarship in 2013

both reports suggest that the 2013 recruiting class could be altered, therefore we hope that we still have a chance at securing KR

tbone - here is why the usc stuff is relevant

- we have assumed that Rodgers was recruited to secure the commitment of Bigelow

- we have assumed that USC doesn't perceive interior OL as a position of need, therefore Rodgers was not high on their board

- With sanctions, they are very tight on numbers

- Now we hear that a RB could transfer from Penn st.  Should he transfer in and not go pro immediately, that is one less scholarship they will have available to offer in the 2013 class.

- We see a report that a top DE will likely have surgery and redshirt, therefore he will occupy a scholarship in 2013

both reports suggest that the 2013 recruiting class could be altered, therefore we hope that we still have a chance at securing KR

Redd going pro is not a relevent factor good buddy. With the new 25 rule the 25 counts high schools kids and transfers. With USC they are on a 15 limit restriction. Since they signed 12 last season, they can bring in 18 this year counting Redd. USC is at 17 now. They will be done at 18 if they bring in Redd....unless they pull an offer from a current commit (where Rodgers comes into play) to make room to get 1 or 2 of the remaining 5 players they are recruiting hard.

The DE redshirting doesn't have anything to do with Rodgers. USCw can only take Rodgers if he can be an EE and count towards the 2012 class where they only signed 12 of their 15 a year max. They do have to stay under 75 scholarships on their roster and the RS of the injured DE would put them at 76 but even the  most ethical of coaches with a team full of choir boys can count on at least 1 player with eligibility remaining not being there next season. Long story short the only number that USC is concerned with is 18. They are at 17 now and within the next week could be at 18 with the possible transfer of Redd. My personal opinion is that USC likes Rodgers more than we think they do and will try to keep him unless they can replace him with an elite OT.

ok, thanks for clarification.  Redd would count as 2012 and would take an EE spot for the 2013 class. 

as far as the possibility of 2 additional scholarships in 2013, I think kiffen will make it work.  It does make his job tougher getting to 75.

The point to my post is that it is irrelevant to speculate what USC is doing. Apparently KR is 100% committed to them wanted a scholarship offer from the day 1. Why is it that KR has not given any indication that he will "flip" but yet there are many pages providing theories or scenarios as to why USC will "process" or will take back the offer if someone else better comes around. I understand clearly the talk of USC pertaining to limited scholarships they have and who they are offering, etc... my question is why is this not in the college football section? Unless KR flips or indicates he might, or says something relevant to Auburn, this is a waste of space in the recruiting section. Having to read through 4 pages of USC this or USC that to see nothing new! It is time consuming and annoying. But hey, I guess that is just me? :dunno:

tbone, that is a fair point and i felt that way about Rueben Foster around pages 80-90 of the RF thread.  Trusted sources within AE speculate that KR is still in play.  I think we take that info and then try to justify reasons that it could be true.  :wedance:

ok, thanks for clarification.  Redd would count as 2012 and would take an EE spot for the 2013 class. 

as far as the possibility of 2 additional scholarships in 2013, I think kiffen will make it work.  It does make his job tougher getting to 75.

If they get Redd they do not have any additional schollies w/out decommitments because Red would put them at their mazes of 18 and 75. They would then count Redd and 2 EEs in the 2012 class and the other 15 in the 2013 class.

The point to my post is that it is irrelevant to speculate what USC is doing. Apparently KR is 100% committed to them wanted a scholarship offer from the day 1. Why is it that KR has not given any indication that he will "flip" but yet there are many pages providing theories or scenarios as to why USC will "process" or will take back the offer if someone else better comes around. I understand clearly the talk of USC pertaining to limited scholarships they have and who they are offering, etc... my question is why is this not in the college football section? Unless KR flips or indicates he might, or says something relevant to Auburn, this is a waste of space in the recruiting section. Having to read through 4 pages of USC this or USC that to see nothing new! It is time consuming and annoying. But hey, I guess that is just me? :dunno:

I understand your point, and we do tend to get off-track sometimes.  But, first and foremost, if we could flip Rodgers, it would be a very important addition to our 2013 recruiting puzzle, and until he enrolls at USCw, he is still a prospect.  That, and the size and position needs of the restricted USCw class is very revelant to the discussion of his recruitment.  Personally, I don't feel those two recruiting degenerates at USCw ever thought he would be a part of their class;  they just wanted insurance for Bigelow, and later, David Sills.

I understand your point, and we do tend to get off-track someties.  But, first and foremost, if we could flip Rodgers, it would be a very important addition to our 2013 recruiting puzzle, and until he enrolls at USCw, he is still a prospect.  That, and the size and position needs of the restricted USCw class is very revelant to the discussion of his recruitment.  Personally, I don't feel those two recruiting degenerates at USCw ever thought he would be a part of their class;  they just wanted insurance for Bigelow, and later, David Sills.

How good exactly is David Sills supposed to be?

I understand your point, and we do tend to get off-track someties.  But, first and foremost, if we could flip Rodgers, it would be a very important addition to our 2013 recruiting puzzle, and until he enrolls at USCw, he is still a prospect.  That, and the size and position needs of the restricted USCw class is very revelant to the discussion of his recruitment.  Personally, I don't feel those two recruiting degenerates at USCw ever thought he would be a part of their class;  they just wanted insurance for Bigelow, and later, David Sills.

How good exactly is David Sills supposed to be?

Peyton Manning good.

If they get Redd they do not have any additional schollies w/out decommitments because Red would put them at their mazes of 18 and 75. They would then count Redd and 2 EEs in the 2012 class and the other 15 in the 2013 class.

Does Kiffin have the December graduates he needs to match up with the EEs ?

Archived