2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

I wonder what coach or person has been speaking with Rodgers.  Rodger made the statement that we're a year away from competing for championships.  I don't necessarily agree but I wonder who he's been talking to about it.  Just curious, not trying to stir the pot.

Based on getting blown off the field 4 times last season it would be a logical statement from the outside looking in.

I totally agree with him and think he did a great job in the interview being genuine about his opinions, thoughts, pros and cons.

We are exactly a year away from competing for national championships again. This year we are not running the table and going undefeated in all likelihood. We probably won't be in Atl in Dec either. However, in 2013 we will be as good as any team in the country, bar none. We will definitely be in the NC hunt in 2013 and beyond with an emphasis that we will be very good with a ton of juniors and seniors with tons and tons of significant playing time in 2013. Spot on analysis throughout the interview IMO.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind he was interviewed by an Auburn Reporter.  Just feel that he has been waiting on that USC offer so long that he pulls the trigger for them.  Of course, I love being wrong.

Also, I want to add that I think it really says something that we have taken exactly zero Olinemen so far in this class. Grimes is sold on Rogers. Grimes in the best Oline coach in the entire country. Rodgers = stud.

Coach Chizik vs. Kiffin?  Seems like an easy choice to me. :)  Best coaching staff in the country...best fans, friendliest campus, gorgeous surroundings... I mean the answer is obvious.   I think the Auburn Tigers are going to surprise a lot of people this year.  Come on down to The Lovliest Village Rodgers.  It will be the best 3 or 4 years of your life!!

I wonder what coach or person has been speaking with Rodgers.  Rodger made the statement that we're a year away from competing for championships.  I don't necessarily agree but I wonder who he's been talking to about it.  Just curious, not trying to stir the pot.

Based on getting blown off the field 4 times last season it would be a logical statement from the outside looking in.

I totally agree with him and think he did a great job in the interview being genuine about his opinions, thoughts, pros and cons.

We are exactly a year away from competing for national championships again. This year we are not running the table and going undefeated in all likelihood. We probably won't be in Atl in Dec either. However, in 2013 we will be as good as any team in the country, bar none. We will definitely be in the NC hunt in 2013 and beyond with an emphasis that we will be very good with a ton of juniors and seniors with tons and tons of significant playing time in 2013. Spot on analysis throughout the interview IMO.

FIFY.

CLK is doing a great job of getting recruits to ignore the fact that USC is going to be screwed in a couple of years when their depth drops. If 1 or 2 players get hurt, their team will fall apart. But by then it will be too late for the recruits.

CLK is doing a great job of getting recruits to ignore the fact that USC is going to be screwed in a couple of years when their depth drops. If 1 or 2 players get hurt, their team will fall apart. But by then it will be too late for the recruits.

Well they only have one year of sanctions left after this year.

That is the most corrupt coaching staff in the nation.  They will still get the players.

Are we talking about USC or Bama?

The depth won't get its worst until a couple of years from now when all the recruits from before the sanctions graduate. For a few years they will only have about 30 JRs and SRs (minus attrition) combined to lead their team, while everyone else will almost have that many SRs alone. That is a lot of young players having to fill out the depth charts.

The depth won't get its worst until a couple of years from now when all the recruits from before the sanctions graduate. For a few years they will only have about 30 JRs and SRs (minus attrition) combined to lead their team, while everyone else will almost have that many SRs alone. That is a lot of young players having to fill out the depth charts.

Given Kiffin's moral outlook I do not see much attrition.

I've seen pictures on recruiting sites that make him look a little soft or puggy but Rogers is one bad dude.  I would live to get a guy like this.  To call out Adams you have to have a lot of confidence. 

You're probably right. However, consider that both Robinson and Westerman were top recruits and looked the part as Juniors. After a year of Yoxercise their form is much different and they are both more college ready.

Rogers probably has those traits the coach Grimes loves and knows a body can be molded to fit a frame by Yox if the mind in the body is up to the challenge.

yeah that sucks, I was really hoping to get KR. Man the NCAA sure is screwing up USC's recruiting! Way to punish cheaters...

yeah that sucks, I was really hoping to get KR. Man the NCAA sure is screwing up USC's recruiting! Way to punish cheaters...

hahah no doubt. Their class IS UNREAL.

hahah no doubt. Their class IS UNREAL.

Unfortunately, this just reaffirms everything that is wrong with this world.  We tell our children that cheaters never win, but in most cases, they do.  Look at USC and bammer.  The two BIGGEST cheaters in the NCAA over the past several years, yet they still pull in the top recruits, play for championships, etc.  Sad, but true!!!

Lets pump the brakes we dont need to try and be holier than thou.  USC is a good school (I guess), there football team is one of the tops in the nation every year.  Kiffin is a good coach, a complete dbag, no doubt, but he gets results.  Lets move on from this.  We got a top 2 class of Oline last year.  We are OK

Archived