2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

Lets pump the brakes we dont need to try and be holier than thou.  USC is a good school (I guess), there football team is one of the tops in the nation every year.  Kiffin is a good coach, a complete dbag, no doubt, but he gets results.  Lets move on from this.  We got a top 2 class of Oline last year.  We are OK

What makes you say he is a good coach? Just wondering what he has done in the nfl/college to call him a good coach.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets pump the brakes we dont need to try and be holier than thou.  USC is a good school (I guess), there football team is one of the tops in the nation every year.  Kiffin is a good coach, a complete dbag, no doubt, but he gets results.  Lets move on from this.  We got a top 2 class of Oline last year.  We are OK

I couldn't disagree more on Kiffin.  I think he is one of the worst coaches at any BCS school.  Hard to find a guy with as little respect among his fellow coaches.

What makes you say he is a good coach? Just wondering what he has done in the nfl/college to call him a good coach.

Beating Oregon last year as a 17 point dog and forcing Mount Cody to blocked 2 kicks to keep Bammer unbeaten in 09 as a 14 point dog are evidence of him being a good coach IMO.

I couldn't disagree more on Kiffin.  I think he is one of the worst coaches at any BCS school.  Hard to find a guy with as little respect among his fellow coaches.

Not defending kiffin, but just because other coaches don't "respect" him doesn't mean he's not a good coach

Not over yet

Nope

Justin Hokanson‏@JHokanson

RT @gmartlive: #USC commit Khaliel Rodgers says he does still want to take official visits to #Auburn and #OhioState.

Exactly. Long way to go till signing day.

KR had to committing hold his spot, I believe it is still contingent upon him being an EE which I don't think happens. Long way til NSD and I still believe he signs with us.

Ya, good coach. Everyone else has blinders on not to see it.  Ut came to relevance once again in his possession.  I dont like him either, but facts are what facts are.  USC has a good chance to win the NT this year.  Good coaching is more than on the field coaching.  It has to do with recruiting and field play.  You guys are flat out wrong for questioning that.  Time will prove me right, and prove you wrong.  You would be be right, if he is a shula type, that get players despite the coach because of the program, but I saw what he did at UT. 

Let it play out.  I expect usc to win it or at least be top 3.

USC just got commitments from Rodgers of course and 4-Star OT Nico Falah and then late tonight picked up a verbal from 5-Star DT and The Opening Defensive Line MVP Eddie Vanderdoes. Say what you want about Kiffin, but that dude and his staff have been recruiting lights on in LA.

USC just got commitments from Rodgers of course and 4-Star OT Nico Falah and then late tonight picked up a verbal from 5-Star DT and The Opening Defensive Line MVP Eddie Vanderdoes. Say what you want about Kiffin, but that dude and his staff have been recruiting lights on in LA.

Man, that probation is just killing them....geez, NCAA, have some d@mn sympathy...don't kick them while they're down!!!!

Someone tweeted that it may be true that USCw will sign Robert Nkemdiche, Lamery Tunsil, Tom Brady, and Calvin Johnson today!! :o:tease:

Yep.  Under harsh sanctions, they are are still managing to get string talent. 

I think this just adds credence to the EE viewpoint.  They only have three or four slots left;  one will go to Jalen Ramsey, so that doesn't leave much room left.  Of course, that's counting 3 EEs, so, as I see it, that's the only way he gets in.

One could also go to that Hargives (or however you spell it) kid from (Florida I think) over USF where the kid's dad coaches.

Not over yet

Nope

Justin Hokanson‏@JHokanson

RT @gmartlive: #USC commit Khaliel Rodgers says he does still want to take official visits to #Auburn and #OhioState.

Exactly. Long way to go till signing day.

35noi6.jpg

Hopefully he is confident that he can be an EE then. If he puts all of his eggs in one basket and it doesn't work out then things can go downhill quickly. If he doesn't quite get the EE and AU has already moved on, where will he land then? Anyway, good luck to KR and I hope it works out for him.

West Virginia probably, but thats just an opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I was post this tidbit.  In the rivals chat, it was said some still feel good about getting Rodgers in the end.

I agree with that as well. Mainly because of the person Lane Kiffin is. If you guys thought what Saban did to Philon was bad last year. That is nothing compared to what Kiffin would do. USC has NO NEED for an interior lineman in this class. IMO Kiffin is holding Rodgers to keep Bigelow. I would not be surprised that even if Rodgers is an EE Kiffin will come up with some excuse to make Rodgers wait til NSD. Then when NSD comes and Kiffin has Bigelow's NLI he is liable to leave Rodgers out in the cold and take 3 of the 6 players left they are recruiting heavily that do actually fill needs at USC. I hope the coaches realize this and stay with Rodgers til the end unless we get Crowder.

Archived