2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

Quick Summary folks.

-USC is on a 15 signee cap limit.

-They signed 12 in the '12 class.

-Using any combination of EEs or transfers they can count 3 from the '13 class to the '12 class for a total of 18.

-They are at 18 now.

-If they get Silas Redd they will be at 19 and will have to pull someone's offer or ask someone to walk on.

-Khaliel Rodgers is likely to be on the short list of recruits that may get their offer pulled because USC is not in need of an OG

Darreus Rogers won't make it so that will open up another spot.  Khaliel Rodgers isn't going anywhere.

For now. Don't be surprised if Lame drops him later in the process, however.

^^^^^This. USC is still recruiting 4 other players very hard. Also Darreus Rogers is a 2012 NLI signee. Him not making it has 0 impact on the 2013 signing class. USC signed 12 players in '12 and because of their sanctions and the new NCAA signing rules the Trojans are limited to 18 new scholarship players for '13 even if their whole '12 class did not make it.

That is not true.  If Rogers doesn't make it they will have one spot open.  And they are not going to drop Rodgers.  If they did, I guarantee Bigelow would decommit on the spot.  That is his best friend...

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is not true.  If Rogers doesn't make it they will have one spot open.  And they are not going to drop Rodgers.  If they did, I guarantee Bigelow would decommit on the spot.  That is his best friend...

only problem with that at this point, bigelow has not been looking at other schools except auburn ... right?  would we have a spot for bigelow if we are confident with adams?  i know bigelow could probably go anywhere he wants, but although i think he would be ticked, i think he would stay with usc ...

Quick Summary folks.

-Using any combination of EEs or transfers they can count 3 from the '13 class to the '12 class for a total of 18.

-They are at 18 now.

-If they get Silas Redd they will be at 19 and will have to pull someone's offer or ask someone to walk on.

-Khaliel Rodgers is likely to be on the short list of recruits that may get their offer pulled because USC is not in need of an OG

Darreus Rogers won't make it so that will open up another spot.  Khaliel Rodgers isn't going anywhere.

^^^^^This. USC is still recruiting 4 other players very hard. Also Darreus Rogers is a 2012 NLI signee. Him not making it has 0 impact on the 2013 signing class. USC signed 12 players in '12 and because of their sanctions and the new NCAA signing rules the Trojans are limited to 18 new scholarship players for '13 even if their whole '12 class did not make it.

It is true. Trust me EDW. I know the signing rules backwards, forwards, sideways, and inside out.

Quick Summary folks.

-They are at 18 now.

It is true. Trust me EDW. I know the signing rules backwards, forwards, sideways, and inside out.

E you forgot to

bazinga_logo.png

Quick Summary folks.

-They are at 18 now.

E you forgot to

bazinga_logo.png

:laugh: Was that a Sheldon-ish post by me?

I think Rodgers really really wants to go to USC but this has all the makings of a Sabanese process job

Saban has nothing on Kiffin on screwing people over. Kiffin screwed over his own brother in law when he left Tennessee.

i noticed that rodgers was the lowest ranked guy of all usc recruits they have. So not only is he not a postion of need but he is the lowest guy on the list.  I tend to think like EDW that if they do anything shady with rodgers bigelow would jump ship just over the principal of the matter

i noticed that rodgers was the lowest ranked guy of all usc recruits they have. So not only is he not a postion of need but he is the lowest guy on the list.  I tend to think like EDW that if they do anything shady with rodgers bigelow would jump ship just over the principal of the matter

Bigelow will not jump. He is ALL TROJAN...even if he would think about flipping if they let KR go Coach Benchpress would pay him off.

He's the lowest rated because he's a guard; tackles always get the highest ratings amongst linemen, while guards and centers tend to slip some. He's the only guy to my knowledge who has broken even with Lawson during this year's camp circuit, so he's got skills.

silas redd announces tomorrow most think he going to usc.  joe schad thinks he is leaning toward usc.

then he is definately not going to USC!  :laugh:

So let me get this straight.. There is a chance Khaliel's offer will get pulled? Or are these scenarios that we think could play out?

So let me get this straight.. There is a chance Khaliel's offer will get pulled? Or are these scenarios that we think could play out?

USC is full right now. If they bring in Redd then they have to pull an offer from somebody.

USC is full right now. If they bring in Redd then they have to pull an offer from somebody.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8215271/sources-penn-state-nittany-lions-rb-silas-redd-strongly-leaning-transfer-usc-trojans

They say they will pull a walk on scholarship as a back up plan. No matter what someone is going to get the axe.

Why would they pull Khaliel of all people?

Because he least fills a position of need. He's a good player but they don't NEED a good OG this class compared to other positions. Plus, have you looked at their recruiting this year? It's amazing.

From my understanding, if a player from Pen St (only) wants to transfer it would not count against the new school? So this would enable USC to keep all 15 for this year. So I BELIEVE KR stays put?

From my understanding, if a player from Pen St (only) wants to transfer it would not count against the new school? So this would enable USC to keep all 15 for this year. So I BELIEVE KR stays put?

The rule excludes sanctioned schools.

^^^^^THIS. USC can not go over their 75 or 15 limits for any reason.

So if they go over by 1 this year, they have to be under by 1 next year? Right?

I think that they can't go over at all. MUST be 15. No more. I'm not 100% sure though, but gathering from what E has said I would think that is the case.

Archived