2013 3* OG/C Khaliel Rodgers (USC signee)

RunInRed

not according to ellitor.  This has zero to do with the 75 cap.

USC signed 12 in 2012 and therefore has an addition 3 spots for EEs.  Silas Redd's transfer counts in 2012, so they now have room for 2 EEs and 15 for 2013. 

That would make 17 the total for this cycle (with 2 EEs).  Now whether they can count forward is a subject that I know nothing about. 

You cannot count forward.

Not entirely true. He could ask someone to gray shirt, which would effectively be the same principle.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USC signed 12 in 2012 and therefore has an addition 3 spots for EEs.  Silas Redd's transfer counts in 2012, so they now have room for 2 EEs and 15 for 2013. 

That would make 17 the total for this cycle (with 2 EEs).  Now whether they can count forward is a subject that I know nothing about. 

Dang Bird, didn't know you could count that high...I'm impressed.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9... :dunno:

you noticed I stopped, right?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks Bird. I just spewed Cherry Coke on my computer screen.

Not entirely true. He could ask someone to gray shirt, which would effectively be the same principle.

Gray shirting would be pointless to do because you are still signing a NLI (which counts as part of the 25 counters) regardless whether the player waits a year to go on scholly. The way you can count a player forward is give them preferred walk on status where there is no binding contract. The player pays his way til the next January. He then can go on Scholly and count to the next year's 25 or in USC's case 15 new player limit.

Gray shirting would be pointless to do because you are still signing a NLI (which counts as part of the 25 counters) regardless whether the player waits a year to go on scholly. The way you can count a player forward is give them preferred walk on status where there is no binding contract. The player pays his way til the next January. He then can go on Scholly and count to the next year's 25 or in USC's case 15 new player limit.

I would never ask an elite player like Rodgers to take a walk on spot. If Kiffen and co recommended that to him it would be disrespectful in my opinion.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks Bird. I just spewed Cherry Coke on my computer screen.

That's crazy, you actually did?

That's crazy, you actually did?

Yes.

I would never ask an elite player like Rodgers to take a walk on spot. If Kiffen and co recommended that to him it would be disrespectful in my opinion.

This academic year, it costs almost $60K to attend USCw with room and board. If worst case (no scholarships or grants) and Khaliel had to pay his way entirely on his own, it could be up to $30K to gray shirt for a single semester.

http://www.usc.edu/admission/fa/applying_receiving/undergraduates1/costs.html

Guest jrljr

We def still have a chance and are still actively recruiting him.

Watching USCw class unfold is leading me to believe we have a real chance with KR. I don't think kiff has any real desire to sign him. He does want Bam-Bam though and if that means waiting until our class is full (Bam and KR both liked AU and we would be the most likely to cause a dbl flip) or take it to the final days with no one Bigelow would flip to has any room for both. Sometimes it's hard to see the thorns past the Rose. Especially if your 17 and want to play with your friend.

i still say rodgers ends up at AU....i would also watch bigelow over the next 6 months....this is just a calculated guess on my part,but there is no place for rodgers at USC unless he is an EE

i still say rodgers ends up at AU....i would also watch bigelow over the next 6 months....this is just a calculated guess on my part,but there is no place for rodgers at USC unless he is an EE

Even then there still may not be a place for him.

Not a real problem.  Like at UAT, Kiffen will be able to find someone who will give up his scholly for the good of the team.

Not a real problem.  Like at UAT, Kiffen will be able to find someone who will give up his scholly for the good of the team.

He still can only have 15 new schollies when school starts next Aug.. 

Well right now they have 18 players for this recruiting season. I saw somewhere that they could have 3 EE counted back from last year? Plus with Redd coming in does he count toward this year? If they aren't allowed 3 EE's and Redd does count then that means 4 players are getting their schollies yanked. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Well right now they have 18 players for this recruiting season. I saw somewhere that they could have 3 EE counted back from last year? Plus with Redd coming in does he count toward this year? If they aren't allowed 3 EE's and Redd does count then that means 4 players are getting their schollies yanked. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Redd counts as one of the three EEs back to last year.   By my count they are one over. 

Respectfully speaking, you are incorrect Bootski. They were originally signing 18 because they only signed 12 last year and can count 3 EEs to the 2012 class. Redd transferring counts to the 2012 class so now they have 2 EEs that can count to 2012. After that they have 16 left. Because they are only allowed 15 new scholly players per year they will have to cut one of the 16 or convince one to be a preferred walk on. None of the current players on their roster can become a walk on to create room. It has to come from this signing class.

Kiffin and his guys are slick.....like trying to figure out which cup the pea is under.    They keep moving their last scholly it around and diverting attention....hope the NCAA can keep up with their sleight of hand.

Kiffin and his guys are slick.....like trying to figure out which cup the pea is under.    They keep moving their last scholly it around and diverting attention....hope the NCAA can keep up with their sleight of hand.

not to worry at the end of the day they have a hard cap not a soft one like everybody else.  They can bring in 18 this yr including 3 EE that's it.  No game playin there and that cap includes Mr. Redd.  18 period.....

Rodgers will take officials to USC, Auburn, OSU, West Virginia, and one other school.

How is the OL recruiting shaping up for "one other school"?

Rodgers will take officials to USC, Auburn, OSU, West Virginia, and one other school.

via a tweet from Chris Anderson, 247's WVU reporter.

How is the OL recruiting shaping up for "one other school"?

Their OL, is, as usual, "common"

Archived