2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

Don't understand you guys who can't comprehend why guys choose UA over AU. These kids are all about playing in the NFL one day. And can you really blame them?? That IS the ultimate goal for any amateur FB player, right?? Bottom line is Bama had more players drafted in 2013 than we have in 4 1/2 drafts COMBINED. This HAS to change.

Thats the brainwash mentality I'm talking about right there! Bama is not the only route to the nfl, never has been! But that is whats being planted into their brains, like Every nfl scout has said for yrs; If ur good we will find u! By the way, where did Jerry rice, deon sanders, Ronnie Lott, Bo Jackson, Cam Newton, Adrian Peterson, Barry sanders go to school? They didnt go to bama!!!!

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's pretty obvious players know other schools put players in to the league besides Updyke. Clearly that's not the only reason he chose them. I would imagine his perspective of things might look something like this: Updyke has won every NC but one since he was in the 8th grade and the champ that year beat them in a comeback win by 1 point. They have a 100,000 seat stadium that sells out. And there is that little thing about the NFL to boot. It's not too hard to see how the average 17 year mindset would be attracted to them right now. What we realize when we become adults is that for every rise there is a fall, you just not concerned about the big picture when your 17.

The coaches have GOT to come up with a way to recruit against Bama's sell's pitch. Look at Alex Collins... He didn't go to a school that was loaded with running backs like Tenpenny and Henry did just to ride the bench. He went to a school like Arkansas where he could start and showcase his talent right away. And now his tearing it up as a true freshman! Ronnie Clark's talent and potential coupled with our strong need at safety should get him on the field next year with a chance to shine. We desperately need a big-time safety in this class!

I love Ronnie's game and demeanor a great auburn man imo. what I didn't like was the interview where he refered to our program is rebuilding. that perception has got to change national. imo we are not rebuilding yes we had 2 bad years # poor coaching# but the players we have already was highly recruits. yes we have along way to go but rebuilding I don't think so.WDE!!!!!!

Clark has committed to UAT but the word is that his recruitment is a long way from being over. Don't be surprised if he shows up in Auburn tonight.

I believe there was some serious pressure applied to RC. Not the normal everyday pressure either. I said last night this isn't done. I hope a4e got a good heads up and he comes and we show out. We need to win tonight. We always need to win but there are a bunch of factors riding here that this game could help.

I think it's pretty obvious players know other schools put players in to the league besides Updyke. Clearly that's not the only reason he chose them. I would imagine his perspective of things might look something like this: Updyke has won every NC but one since he was in the 8th grade and the champ that year beat them in a comeback win by 1 point. They have a 100,000 seat stadium that sells out. And there is that little thing about the NFL to boot. It's not too hard to see how the average 17 year mindset would be attracted to them right now. What we realize when we become adults is that for every rise there is a fall, you just not concerned about the big picture when your 17.

I wasn't like that, didnt want to ride the coattails of Someone else. My big picture was what can I offer the team or teams that would had recruited me. This is a bama oriented fan base in this state! Give me a 3* from ga or flo and l'll take that over any bama loveing overhyped bama recruit anyday!

Time to move this thread over to the rivals section.

Keeping it here til we get word the staff has moved on.

Has RC made any mention of wanting to come to any more AU games? Don't know how many more opportunities he'll have though considering UGA and UAT are the only decent home games left.

Has RC made any mention of wanting to come to any more AU games? Don't know how many more opportunities he'll have though considering UGA and UAT are the only decent home games left.

Don't think he's been asked thar since he committed.

If he wasn't tough enough to fight the pressure and not commit to UAT he wouldn't be tough enough to stick with an AU committment either. Maybe he's where he belongs.

Any kid who commits this early and with some ambivalence can be turned.

I'm told he's gone. Wants to play with his two buddies from La. Game on if the NCAA stuff starts to hit before signing day which I don't think it will.

I'm told he's gone. Wants to play with his two buddies from La. Game on if the NCAA stuff starts to hit before signing day which I don't think it will.

So should I move it to Rivals in your expert opinion?

Far from an expert. See what pops says first.

If he wasn't tough enough to fight the pressure and not commit to UAT he wouldn't be tough enough to stick with an AU committment either. Maybe he's where he belongs.

Yep, the kid is a bama commit. We have bigger fish to fry.

You can always bring him back.

Pops and I have not been on the best of terms. I would rather wait to see what he says first so I don't annoy him more by prematurely moving it.

Pops and I have not been on the best of terms. I would rather wait to see what he says first so I don't annoy him more by prematurely moving it.

He's probably gone. Too much synergy with the Cams to overcome. Only thing that could change would be if the agent thing explodes into a full blown scandal before NSD, which could happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First off I know this is in the wrong topic and second don't shoot the mesenger. Just repeating what I heard. My boss was at the Columbiana court house today biding a job and talked to a friend of the Clark family. He told him that there still might be an outside shot with Ronnie. He said that Moma was not happy with the choice of bammer. I live in Calera and my son graduated from there last year. He said Ronnie was never more pro Bama than he was Auburn just that he liked the success that they were having and that they had a history of putting players in the NFL. I mention this because of the sucess we have had this year and the chance we have of pulling off the upset this Saturday. I would like to think our secondary has shown great improvement this year over last. I believe it all due to coaching. I think if our secondary shows up big this weekend we might see another thread started with word "Flip" in the title. Here's hoping anyway.

As always my friends, War Eagle!

First off I know this is in the wrong topic and second don't shoot the mesenger. Just repeating what I heard. My boss was at the Columbiana court house today biding a job and talked to a friend of the Clark family. He told him that there still might be an outside shot with Ronnie. He said that Moma was not happy with the choice of bammer. I live in Calera and my son graduated from there last year. He said Ronnie was never more pro Bama than he was Auburn just that he liked the success that they were having and that they had a history of putting players in the NFL. I mention this because of the sucess we have had this year and the chance we have of pulling off the upset this Saturday. I would like to think our secondary has shown great improvement this year over last. I believe it all due to coaching. I think if our secondary shows up big this weekend we might see another thread started with word "Flip" in the title. Here's hoping anyway.

As always my friends, War Eagle!

Good info and thanks for sharing. Moving the post to the Ronne Clark thread.

Archived