2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

so we thought he was there over a tweet?

No. The thread was bumped causing the stir. I doubt he is there. He appears done with recruiting. In a world full of oddities it would be extremely odd for Clark to give an interview to BOL about how solid he is then be in Auburn that night or the next day.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. The thread was bumped causing the stir. I doubt he is there. He appears done with recruiting. In a world full of oddities it would be extremely odd for Clark to give an interview to BOL about how solid he is then be in Auburn that night or the next day.

Working the late shift tonght E?

As for RC....most of these young guys are not near as devious as the stalkers and posters that track their movements. I'm amazed at how many people see ulterior motives for these recruits, opposing coaches, the media, etc. Sports blogs must be the favored hangout for the paranoid.

As for RC....most of these young guys are not near as devious as the stalkers and posters that track their movements. I'm amazed at how many people see ulterior motives for these recruits, opposing coaches, the media, etc. Sports blogs must be the favored hangout for the paranoid.

64, I don't think most of our members are stalking the recruits (there may be a few). I think most of the posts on here in regards to ulterior motives are results of feeling spurned the last couple of years. If RC is as stand up guy as everyone on here that knows him says he is (if he is even in AU), then his motives are not in question. I know that my comment a couple of pages back was in regard to the coach's ability to sniff out ulterior motives and deal with them appropriately.

Either way, if RC is in AU then our coaches are recruiting for the future. As CGM said, Let's finish strong!

64, I don't think most of our members are stalking the recruits (there may be a few). I think most of the posts on here in regards to ulterior motives are results of feeling spurned the last couple of years. If RC is as stand up guy as everyone on here that knows him says he is (if he is even in AU), then his motives are not in question. I know that my comment a couple of pages back was in regard to the coach's ability to sniff out ulterior motives and deal with them appropriately.

Either way, if RC is in AU then our coaches are recruiting for the future. As CGM said, Let's finish strong!

I understand your view AU04....just ruminating over the general tone of this board...ESPN hates us, or some bama commit is coming to AU to recruit our commits, or posting/hacking kids twitter accounts....stuff like that. On this board, very few people outside of AU get credit for honest motives....and I'm sure it's that way on bammer or dawg boards too....the nature of sports blogs. :dunno:

64, there's an old saying that goes: "It's not always paranoia. Some times people really are out to get you!" In the very recent past we've had prospects here on visits that were kicked off campus because they were recruiting and/or spying for a rival team. ESPN has run countless stories about Auburn cheating and all were found to be false. These instances are undeniable facts, they happened.

We'd be total fools to think such things can't happen again. Vigilance is necessary and if some AU fans stay suspicious we have very good reasons to be suspicious. To ignore history is to repeat it.

Well if it did turn out to be him I'd be excited. I don't know the kid but everything I've ever seen or read or heard about him has been that he was a real class act. He's been one of my faves to hear about and I'd love him and evens at auburn but whatever happens happens.

I thought Clark was a lock to uat. Is he not anymore?

Appears to be all Bama based on the interview from yesterday.

I thought Clark was a lock to uat. Is he not anymore?

Appears to be all Bama based on the interview from yesterday.

FWIW, so was Foster.

64, there's an old saying that goes: "It's not always paranoia. Some times people really are out to get you!" In the very recent past we've had prospects here on visits that were kicked off campus because they were recruiting and/or spying for a rival team. ESPN has run countless stories about Auburn cheating and all were found to be false. These instances are undeniable facts, they happened.

We'd be total fools to think such things can't happen again. Vigilance is necessary and if some AU fans stay suspicious we have very good reasons to be suspicious. To ignore history is to repeat it.

^this^

espn is all business, and a story that is against Auburn gets more hits than a pro bama story, they thrive on anything negative Auburn. pathetic lives they lead

You guys are forgetting how pro-Auburn ESPN was in regards to Cam prior to the BS allegations. ESPN likes whoever is winning, period.

Watch out for Clark :)/>. Not a dome deal but he is being receptive

Get ready for a barrage of the following:

1. Did he visit?

2. Will he visit?

3. He's a Saban spy!

4. He's there to flip Evans (despite Evans being uncommitted).

5. and maybe A4E asking if this means we are changing to a 3-4 defense...

Seriously though, he may be a long shot, but he'd be a great get this late in the game after being a UAT commit for a while, and fills a great area of need.

Unfortunately for AU, Kiffen is not his lead recruiter...otherwise I figure we would have him in the bag.

Watch out for Clark :). Not a dome deal but he is being receptive

sounds good!!!

Clark liked us early on and I think if he had waited on his commitment, he may have committed to us anyway.

With the defense we are putting together in this class, he would like what he would be a part of if he came to AU.

Interesting on Clarke. I thought since he did not come to AU this weekend that we had no chance. I would love to have him. He will be a nice player. 23 thanks for the update.

Watch out for Clark :)/>. Not a dome deal but he is being receptive

Get ready for a barrage of the following:

1. Did he visit?

2. Will he visit?

3. He's a Saban spy!

4. He's there to flip Evans (despite Evans being uncommitted).

5. and maybe A4E asking if this means we are changing to a 3-4 defense... orange facemasks

Seriously though, he may be a long shot, but he'd be a great get this late in the game after being a UAT commit for a while, and fills a great area of need.

FIFY and War Eagle

This may have already been answered, but it he confirmed going to visit before NSD?

According to what I understand, the answer is no, and I won't be confirmed until he is physically seen on campus. If he comes, he doesn't want it to be public.

Archived