2013 5* CB Jalen Ramsey (FSU signee)

Wareagletd

Ramsey was a top performer for the Southeast. He is gaining interest back in Auburn after Willie Martinez visited him in the spring. Ramsey plans to visit Auburn this summer an meet Martinez and Brian VanGorder. Ramsey will cut his list to 7 soon.  Expect Auburn to be on it. - Auburnsports.com

Would be THRILLED if we could land him at corner/safety. Don't wanna get my hopes up going against USC though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ramsey was a top performer for the Southeast. He is gaining interest back in Auburn after Willie Martinez visited him in the spring. Ramsey plans to visit Auburn this summer an meet Martinez and Brian VanGorder. Ramsey will cut his list to 7 soon.  Expect Auburn to be on it. - Auburnsports.com

Would be THRILLED if we could land him at corner/safety. Don't wanna get my hopes up going against USC though.

I have been posting about him for months now as my personal favorite, because he is in my backyard and I have been able to follow him since his freshman year.  But with his performances in the Tennessee Track and Field Meet (decathelon and MVP champ) and the Rivals Challenge, all I can say is WOW!!  Question for kk:  Do you think Martinez might project him as a safety?  He has the size, and apparently the physicality.

I have been posting about him for months now as my personal favorite, because he is in my backyard and I have been able to follow him since his freshman year.  But with his performances in the Tennessee Track and Field Meet (decathelon and MVP champ) and the Rivals Challenge, all I can say is WOW!!  Question for kk:  Do you think Martinez might project him as a safety?  He has the size, and apparently the physicality.

Yep. Safety, IMO.

I would have said that too a year ago, but the fact is recruits know that CBVG and Martinez are the best in the business, especially Martinez when it comes to the secondary, and their track record puts us as a very very strong threat to pull in any recruit we really set our mind to getting.  Also, if our defense plays anywhere near to as well as everyone expects, we will have defensive recruits praying we have enough schollies to go around.. :we:

Guest EagleDamnWar

New article says he hopes to be committed by his birthday in oct. 24th.  Will visit USC this week and Washington after the Opening in July. 

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

#RivalsChallenge MVP Jalen Ramsey claims renewed interest in AU. 'I want to get back to Auburn'

:)

This makes me very, very happy!!  Now, let's swoop down and get Max Staver from UF as a second QB!!  After all, they do play for the Brentwood Academy Eagles!!

#RivalsChallenge MVP Jalen Ramsey claims renewed interest in AU. 'I want to get back to Auburn'

This makes me very, very happy!!  Now, let's swoop down and get Max Staver from UF as a second QB!!  After all, they do play for the Brentwood Academy Eagles!!

Now there is an interesting thought with Zeke at home for now.

I would have said that too a year ago, but the fact is recruits know that CBVG and Martinez are the best in the business, especially Martinez when it comes to the secondary, and their track record puts us as a very very strong threat to pull in any recruit we really set our mind to getting.  Also, if our defense plays anywhere near to as well as everyone expects, we will have defensive recruits praying we have enough schollies to go around.. :we:

Don't go full homer, now  :laugh:

I'm kinda wondering if Jonathan Wallace wasn't signed specifically to provide depth should Zeke have issues the way he's having them. This way, no matter what, we are okay. If we take another QB, what does that do to JJ? I mean, one of the reasons he gave for being so committed is that the coaches told him that he would be the only QB they take this year. Now, if Zeke does end up staying home, then I could see Johnson being a little more willing to be one of two QBs in the class, but I think we're fine either way, and I think we have more needs to be filled.

I'm kinda wondering if Jonathan Wallace wasn't signed specifically to provide depth should Zeke have issues the way he's having them. This way, no matter what, we are okay. If we take another QB, what does that do to JJ? I mean, one of the reasons he gave for being so committed is that the coaches told him that he would be the only QB they take this year. Now, if Zeke does end up staying home, then I could see Johnson being a little more willing to be one of two QBs in the class, but I think we're fine either way, and I think we have more needs to be filled.

Agreed on all points.

• 2 weeks later...

His Dad said he will announce a decision on July 16.  That probably doesn't allow enough time to plan a good visit to us, so, unfortunately,....................

His Dad said he will announce a decision on July 16.  That probably doesn't allow enough time to plan a good visit to us, so, unfortunately,....................

so do we even have a chance of him commiting to us?

No.  He's headed to USC.

so do we even have a chance of him commiting to us?

No.  He's headed to USC.

Yep, and the amazing thing is that two years ago, Lane Kiffin and Ed Orgeron would have lost a popularity contest to Nick Saban and Attilla the Hun in the State of Tennessee.

Doesn't mean much, I still think he is going to USCw, but see below Twitter exchange...

Jalen L. Ramsey ‏@JR7_Eagles

Attention: i will announce my college decision Monday July 16th.. i need to know ASAP who all wants to cover it so i can give y'all the info

AuburnHusky ‏@au_bsci_04

@JR7_Eagles Heading West huh? Wish AU was higher on ur list! Good luck either way.

Jalen L. Ramsey ‏@JR7_Eagles

@au_bsci_04 AU is in my top 7.. that's all ive listed and in no order... people will dind out where i go Monday.

AuburnHusky ‏@au_bsci_04

@JR7_Eagles Sounds good, big day 4 u. Congrats!!

is that the max usc can get for this class?

No. They can sign 18 because they signed 12 last year. In fact they expect another commitment tomorrow.

is that the max usc can get for this class?

No. They can sign 18 because they signed 12 last year. In fact they expect another commitment tomorrow.

and then only 15 again next year?

I believe that is correct, 1 more year of probation, and since they are signing max class this year, only 15 next year.

Not a big Kiffin fan, but hard to deny they are recruiting lights out. I've never seen a team even comparable to them in recruiting while under scholarship reductions.

Archived