Scarbinsky Article - good, bad or indifferent

mustache eagle

I actually thought it was a fair, to even slightly positive angle on the situation.  I doubt anyone of us is happy about the turnover - whether it is poor recruiting, troubled kids, or processing.  I can't find any angle that I particularly like.  Scarbs view of the insiders consider this next class to be better on the court than returning veterans is interesting.

I could not tell if his view is assumption or knowledge based on first hand insider info.  Scarbs is a professional journalist (like him or not) so I would assume he did write that positive angle with some good reason.  I will hold on to that glimmer of positivity.

On a side note.  The next signee will be a "flier" and if he pans out great but no high hopes.  Also, of all the guys we have lost, I am still most disappointed in kouassi leaving.  I thought he had the talent to be the cornerstone of the team in the future.

Sounds to me like Scarb had been reading some of the posts on this site.....nothing new in his comments or observations.

Did not take much analysis to see that Barbee made a bet that he could bring in a handful of hotshot players and make an immediate turnaround (ala Calipari) at AU.  He lost that bet. 

He still has some time to turn the AU situation around but if two years from now all of this incoming class are gone or suspended, or??? the coach will be in real trouble.

Archived