Defensive Line by Ian Berg

AUMASTERS

BVG said he would be in the playing rotation. No one said Travis would start. You still didn't answer my question. Do you trust the words of Brian VanGorder?

Sorry we seem to be missing the boat as each other passes by.

Sure I trust Brian VanGorder--keep in mind I don't know him personally--but I am unsure of your point. If Travis is an impact starter I will be surprised. I have been surprised before, and how pleasant of a surprise that would be.

I saw the video and read the article as well. Again, VanGorder says the exact quote I left. He will contribute. No argument there. What's the beef homey?

Dude, why do you keep insinuating that anyone even hinted at the idea that Travis will be an "impact starter"?

We simply stated that BVG said that he'll be a part of the rotation and that's all that's been pointed out, yet you seem to believe the only significant role he'll play is on special teams, though our DC said otherwise.

Impact starter??? :laugh:

I responded to your original post because I left Travis out. I simply said that I don't expect great things from him.

A response was given as if I questioned the coordinator's words. I am still unsure of where that came from, but the question poses a position, IMO, that seems to think Travis will be more than a 15 snap, special teams type guy.

As I said earlier, please read this and above, 20-30 snaps will be impact starters for Auburn along the d-line with the depth present. Assuming no injuries and the defense is as strong as it appears. So more than 15 snaps would put Travis in a starter role. Do you follow?

15 snaps rotation player at best, add 10 more regular reps and he will be a starter. That's where the logic came from bud. At this point, I hope to think you get the point of the "starter" comment. It seems pretty simple to me.

Sure Travis will play, but it won't likely be before Wright, Sigler, Blackson, Whitaker, Carter and Niles.

To be honest, it will be amazing to watch all these guys try and get reps. Crazy good line.

You do excellent work Ian. I have enjoyed every article you have written. You and Stat ought to collaborate. Talk about some great stuff!  :bow:

Thanks Weegle777. I am always down for a new edge to put on the content. I'm definitely on board for a collaboration of some sort.

• 4 months later...

As a group, these guys were as high a level of recruits as a school can sign. Mike Pelton has a proven record of improving players to the highest level and moving them on to the NFL.

Obviously, the parts are all there but they have yet to snap into place. Saturday would be a good time for all of us to hear that "SNAP". So far the ends have been ok but the tackle play has been non-existent.

The fact that these guys came in with all the accolades out of HS and after last year returned more depth and talent than any other postion grouping on the team is the reason I say their play really isn't any better than last year. Obviously, I was dead wrong to expect these guys to live up to the hype. Many including myself,, expected them to be the strength of the team but I have been pretty much talked to like Im an idiot for having those expectations. As a group, AUs interior defensive line play has to be the biggest disappointment of this young season. There is time to regroup and to make the impact they were projected to make and this wekend would be an awfull good time to wake up and make a difference. if they continue play like they have thus far this game wont be close by halftime.

Archived