Scarb hits a home run today on al.com

AU64

Not saying that about the piece of crap he wrote today, ostensibly defending Chiz's ranking among the nation's college football coaches, but he did generate about 100 immediate comments from the bama trash who say they "have no interest in Auburn football" but seem to pop up out of the woodwork with page after page of rude and nasty comments on any Auburn related piece that al.com publishes.

I'm not going to link the piece 'cause I don't want to make it easy for someone to help build up the number of hits on anyother piece that exploits the nastiness of the so-called rivalry between AU and that school out west. 

On the matter of the rankings, it's interesting that the experts compiling the rankings were quite willing to dismiss Chiz's accomplishments because he had Cam whereas they failed to note that Urban's success at UF seemed to coincide with Tebow's time there and that soon as Tebow was gone, Urban hit the trail. 

Granted Chiz has a rather  short resume and time will tell where he should be on a national scale but the excuses about Cam IMO are more than just saying that he was only successful because of Cam.  More likely this "poll" just provided another chance for the experts to take a shot at AU because Cam was actually there and that the NCAA found no misbehaving by AU in Cam's recruitment.  I figure that to a man, those experts still think AU and Chiz paid to get Cam no matter what the NCAA said.    They bet their souls and their reputations on that premise and will not give it up.  Meanwhile, Scarb can use their pettiness for his own causes...and the bammers have another opportunity to vent their bile against AU. 

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.  :)

A lot of great players never won a title.  One player, no matter how incredible, will not win a championship in this day and age.  It also takes a great team and good coaching, along with some breaks.  I think all AU fans are happy with what CGC has given us and where appears to be leading us.

I'm very excited about the upcoming season and I expect us to beat some teams that are predicated to finish ahead of us.

This article accomplishes three major or primary things:

(1) It was posted to highlight discrepancies (rightfully so I might add).

(2) It was written to slow AU's momentum as a power and in recruiting (doubtful it will have that effect).

(3) It serves as motivation for Chizik and the team to prove the naysayer's wrong ( I believe it will have this effect).

Scarb, Scallici, and some of the others are no better than Finebaum or Springer. Just stirring up the masses for their benefit without any real journalistic integrity. They are scrambling for stories this time of year and the only subjects that garner comments of any magnitude are those that fire up the rival fans.

Make no mistake, their articles will have no effect on anything.

Scarb, Scallici, and some of the others are no better than Finebaum or Springer. Just stirring up the masses for their benefit without any real journalistic integrity. They are scrambling for stories this time of year and the only subjects that garner comments of any magnitude are those that fire up the rival fans.

Make no mistake, their articles will have no effect on anything.

:thumbsup:

It doesnt take reading a Scarbinsky article or the comments beneath it for me realize that bammers are full of crap when they claim not to care about Auburn. They tear down or belittle Auburn at every turn. Just read their boards, or other teams boards, or national boards, or read the comments below any Auburn article on al.com, or listen to idiots like Finebaum, or read supposed bammer blogs like Capstone Report and I Bleed Crimson and see them waste more bandwith writing about Auburn than they do about bammer

Just read the article.

I will call it a base hit and a single by Scarb. The article pretty much wrote itself when the Sporting News showed their ignorance in putting Chizik at #36. Scarb just sorta hit a nice little single on a pitch that was served up begging to be hit.

Personally, I am not offended by the rankings. The SP will just look like the fools they are in a year or two and it is just a reminder why the SP is just a shell of what it used to be when it was a half decent publication 6-7 years ago.

Read the article ... But the comments are pure comedic gold - the ignorant type I may add.....I asked one of the updykes do they think Bama would have won titles without Richardson or Cody....they answered yes because if their superior depth at all positions....blah blah

the reason urban still gets credit is because he was succesful at every stop before he got to florida.  Chizik on the other hand was a massive failure at iowa state.  Chiziks record is 35-29 as a head coach. Most people see two bad seasons two decent seasons and one great season so the book is still out on him. In the next two years he will really show which way he goes, but right now you can see how it appears to the general public when just looking at the records and not what he had to work with.

Go look up Saban's record at MSU. He didn't exactly light it up early in his career either.

Urban had a little help with assistants also. Things also began to go South when Mullen left town. You think Urban didn't see the writing on the wall?

Chizik will be fine and I'd take him and his character over Saban and his character any day.

Bama fans have to hate something and feel superior to something to make themselves feel better. That is why most Harvey U fans troll on any Auburn topic to post negative comments, so they will fill a void in there lives. Bama fans define who they are thru the Alabama football program, any attack on bama is a personal attack on them. That is why they go crazy when anyone or anybody says anything about the bama football program.

Right now bama fans are in rabid mode because they feel superior to anyone and everything, this is their true state of bliss. The Alabama football program is winning which means they are winners.

However, this temporary bliss will end at some point in time and when it does it will get ugly. Because bama fans will blame someone or something for the demise of the football program and all the fan base will attack it with a lynch mob mentality for years and years.

Some of the articles on AL.com/Auburnfootball are pretty good. But one should never read the comments. These comments represent all that's wrong with the rivalry. The childish bickering is absurd.

Bama fans have to hate something and feel superior to something to make themselves feel better. That is why most Harvey U fans troll on any Auburn topic to post negative comments, so they will fill a void in there lives. Bama fans define who they are thru the Alabama football program, any attack on bama is a personal attack on them. That is why they go crazy when anyone or anybody says anything about the bama football program.

Right now bama fans are in rabid mode because they feel superior to anyone and everything, this is their true state of bliss. The Alabama football program is winning which means they are winners.

However, this temporary bliss will end at some point in time and when it does it will get ugly. Because bama fans will blame someone or something for the demise of the football program and all the fan base will attack it with a lynch mob mentality for years and years.

And they'll eventually go back to the rocks from under which they crawled, like when Shula and The Flop From Opp were at the controls.

It doesnt take reading a Scarbinsky article or the comments beneath it for me realize that bammers are full of crap when they claim not to care about Auburn. They tear down or belittle Auburn at every turn. Just read their boards, or other teams boards, or national boards, or read the comments below any Auburn article on al.com, or listen to idiots like Finebaum, or read supposed bammer blogs like Capstone Report and I Bleed Crimson and see them waste more bandwith writing about Auburn than they do about bammer

I refuse to waste my brain cells reading any of their boards or any of their idiotic comments.  I basically live here on AE.com, with an occasional lurk on TD.com if I want a good laugh.  Oh, I couldn't help but visit Hogville when Bobby Petrino laid down his hog,  that place was a hoot.    But, I absolutely refuse to visit a board where total imbeciles worship.

Archived