2014 4* LB Shaun Dion Hamilton (Alabama signee)

Guest EagleDamnWar

Keith Neihbur changed his prediction to AU this morning...

interesting...

Wow great input

Niebuhr changed it back to Alabama immediately after SDH tweeted 100% Bama which means that Niebuhr does not have any inside info on this one...

Keith also said he is very confused on SDH.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at his twitter and couldn't find the tweet that said he was 100x committed. If he deleted that would be very interesting. Does he have more than 1 account??

He did not tweet ir. It was a quote from him tweeted by Bonehead.

It seems like we have been in dire need to LB's for....5, 6 years now? Are we ever going to get caught up at this position?

It seems like we have been in dire need to LB's for....5, 6 years now? Are we ever going to get caught up at this position?

Why we have under-recruited the LB position is a question nobody seems to know the answer to. THAT we have under-recruited LB, both in numbers and quality is undeniable.

We'll need to sign four to five outstanding prospects a year for at least three years to get up to top-rung SEC talent levels at LB.

Why we have under-recruited the LB position is a question nobody seems to know the answer to. THAT we have under-recruited LB, both in numbers and quality is undeniable.

We'll need to sign four to five outstanding prospects a year for at least three years to get up to top-rung SEC talent levels at LB.

I believe it is a supply issue. Just not enough kids in HS playing LB that have size and speed for Div 1. Generally the 6-2/210 guys are in the line at most high schools and the typical HS linebacker is not big or fast enough for Div 1 and the few future Div 1 kids are recruited by everyone in the world.

In the old days, colleges developed their own linebackers....and that might still be a common practice at most schools.

I believe it is a supply issue. Just not enough kids in HS playing LB that have size and speed for Div 1. Generally the 6-2/210 guys are in the line at most high schools and the typical HS linebacker is not big or fast enough for Div 1 and the few future Div 1 kids are recruited by everyone in the world.

In the old days, colleges developed their own linebackers....and that might still be a common practice at most schools.

I believe after Tubberville left it was a combination of philosophy and development. Tubberville would take the smaller lbs but coach and develop them into quality players. Chiziks staff continued to get smallish lbs but lacked the development of Tubbervilles staff. Combine that with what was/is going on at bammer with their lb play and development, all the elite lbs want to go there.

I believe after Tubberville left it was a combination of philosophy and development. Tubberville would take the smaller lbs but coach and develop them into quality players. Chiziks staff continued to get smallish lbs but lacked the development of Tubbervilles staff. Combine that with what was/is going on at bammer with their lb play and development, all the elite lbs want to go there.

BearCat nailed it! All of these factors are why we are lacking in LBs

BearCat nailed it! All of these factors are why we are lacking in LBs

I think the LBer recruiting under Chiz is 50% poor evaluating and 50% poor coaching. Piss poor is what is/was.

Maybe we do not have room for this young man??

he's a take. There's room.

But for how long? Not second guess you E, but unless A. Williams is out, and with and with D.Russell possible, as well as us offering new DE recently, I am just not sure....

Let me put it this way.... The window has to be closing quickly IMO.

I wonder if this will change after prospects watched CJ Mosley wander around looking for someone to tackle in the Iron Bowl.

We missed out on Foster, CJ Mosely, Johnston, and several other linebackers over the last few years. UAT has killed us in linebacker recruiting. Keep in mind that LB Justin Garrett was our spring defensive MVP and missed this whole season due to injury. Holland was a four star, as were McKinzy and Mitchell. And Frost was a five star. Some guys haven't panned out (or been developed), and we missed out on some.

This year will be different.

Maybe we do not have room for this young man??

he's a take. There's room.

But for how long? Not second guess you E, but unless A. Williams is out, and with and with D.Russell possible, as well as us offering new DE recently, I am just not sure....

Let me put it this way.... The window has to be closing quickly IMO.

My OP there is already out of date. lol

Sorry, kid. Seat's taken.

This staff can afford to be selective and they know it. Auburn takes a backseat to no program. I love it.

(EDIT: ...says the guy who doesn't know the circumstances)

Hamilton obviously did something our staff did not like Saturday. Gotta wonder what happened. Hat said, I want Evans way more anyway.

Hamilton obviously did something our staff did not like Saturday. Gotta wonder what happened. Hat said, I want Evans way more anyway.

He's the 3rd guy who has lost his spot in this class due to his waffling.

He's the 3rd guy who has lost his spot in this class due to his waffling.

Casher, Hamilton, & ??

Archived