2014 4* LB Shaun Dion Hamilton (Alabama signee)

Guest EagleDamnWar

@AndrewJBone: Shaun Dion Hamilton signs new NCAA financial aid agreement with #Alabama, not the same as scholarship though http://t.co/lQspdY7lHJ

It's not binding for the recruit but it does not look good for the good guys.

And that's perfectly fine... but I wouldn't let SDH around our recruits anymore, ESPECIALLY at the IB... No longer welcome!

It's not over yet. It's my understanding that what he said publicly and what may be happening privately could be 2 different things.

This is looking more and more like a reverse Yeldon.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@AndrewJBone: Shaun Dion Hamilton signs new NCAA financial aid agreement with #Alabama, not the same as scholarship though http://t.co/lQspdY7lHJ

And that's perfectly fine... but I wouldn't let SDH around our recruits anymore, ESPECIALLY at the IB... No longer welcome!

It's not over yet. It's my understanding that what he said publicly and what may be happening privately could be 2 different things.

That would be very AUsome!

I wouldn't like the "reverse yeldon" situation from any of our recruits. To do a reverse Yeldon a kid would have to be a willing liar and I really don't care for that around our program. Tuscaloser is a good place for that sort of person.

Not over at all.

Situations are a bit different. TJ avoided interviews like the plague after he privately flipped. The only one I can remember was at the Alabama Mississippi High School All Star game and even then it was like pulling teeth to get him to say he was committed to Auburn. SDH on the other hand is talking fairly openl about his commitment to Bama.

Situations are a bit different. TJ avoided interviews like the plague after he privately flipped. The only one I can remember was at the Alabama Mississippi High School All Star game and even then it was like pulling teeth to get him to say he was committed to Auburn. SDH on the other hand is talking fairly openl about his commitment to Bama.

Maybe he just hasn't flipped yet.

I'd like to have him certainly, but unless there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on, this looks to be over. Obviously I have limited to no inside knowledge here, just a guy using some common sense. 'Cruitin is a strange business though so we'll just see I guess.

I wish I could be as optimistic as a lot you are about SDH, but I'm not---especially reading that he's already signed those papers. I know that's not binding, but I don't think he would have signed them if he wasn't serious about going to Bama. That could have been his way of telling us AU folks that he's sticking with his decision. I'm sure the AU coaches are still going to try and convince him otherwise, and I hope they pull him over to the good guys.

I tend to agree that with him signing the papers small chance for us. That said if he does fool me I will be ecstatic (might even be happy). :bananadance:

He spent the weekend at Saban's house with his bamzo "handlers" on the scene. Of course he signed whatever they put in front of him. Now, I'm not optimistic about getting this guy but the act of him signing financial aid papers doesn't mean much. Of course, between the UAT staff and his handlers they may have him convinced that signing such papers is binding but that's a different angle on things.

He spent the weekend at Saban's house with his bamzo "handlers" on the scene. Of course he signed whatever they put in front of him. Now, I'm not optimistic about getting this guy but the act of him signing financial aid papers doesn't mean much. Of course, between the UAT staff and his handlers they may have him convinced that signing such papers is binding but that's a different angle on things.

The financial papers signed might of been a loan............

My understanding about signing the financial papers is it doesn't bind the kid but does bind the school. I could be wrong about that, I think this is a first year thing. If that is how it works, then my guess would be it was Alabama's answer of for all the people pointing out that Saban is never really committed to his recruits and is always looking for an upgrade. Sort of like Saban saying we want you and your spot here is safe if you stay with your commitment

If SDH doesn't want Auburn why should we keep on hoping he'll change his mind? I'm sure there are other LBs that would love a chance to play for Auburn.

Time to move on...

The financial papers signed might of been a loan............

The handlers have already cashed their loan checks. Now they have to deliver SDH to bammer or they'll be trying to swim the Alabama River wearing concrete boots.

If SDH doesn't want Auburn why should we keep on hoping he'll change his mind? I'm sure there are other LBs that would love a chance to play for Auburn.

Time to move on...

He is genuinely interested in Auburn.

FWIW SDH signed the financial papers 2 weeks ago when Bama played LSU.

He is not coming to AU and we need to move on.

We need some good linebackers. Who is left other than Evans, that we have a shot at?

We are not looking at any others right now and the staff is not moving on from SDH yet.

12/16/13- 1/15/14 is the recruiting dead period. No contact except in certain categories. Signing financial aid papers happens to be one of the categories which means that in the case of SDH who is also a EE, bama has access during the dead period but we will not be able to contact him. Which means that whatever we are going to do, we need to do it before 12/15 or we will be at a distinct disadvantage.

Dead Period- December 16, 2013 through January 15, 2014: [except for (a) below]:

(a) Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student athlete who has been admitted for midyear enrollment, provided the prospective student-athlete has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission

and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions

for all students.

http://www.ncaa.org/...g calendar text

12/16/13- 1/15/14 is the recruiting dead period. No contact except in certain categories. Signing financial aid papers happens to be one of the categories which means that in the case of SDH for instance, bama has access during the dead period but we will not be able to contact him. Which means that whatever we are going to do, we need to do it before 12/15 or we will be at a distinct disadvantage.

Dead Period- December 16, 2013 through January 15, 2014: [except for (a) below]:

(a) Institutional staff members may have contact with a prospective student athlete who has been admitted for midyear enrollment, provided the prospective student-athlete has signed a National Letter of Intent or other offer of admission

and/or financial aid to attend the institution and is required to be on campus to attend institutional orientation sessions

for all students.

We do get 1 phone call during the dead period. I can't remember if it's 1 a day or 1 a week.

It's also possible SDH signed papers with Auburn with the only people knowing are the staff and SDH. Not saying it happened but it is very possible.

12/16/13- 1/15/14 is the recruiting dead period. No contact except in certain categories. Signing financial aid papers happens to be one of the categories which means that in the case of SDH for instance, bama has access during the dead period but we will not be able to contact him. Which means that whatever we are going to do, we need to do it before 12/15 or we will be at a distinct disadvantage.

for all students.

We do get 1 phone call during the dead period. I can't remember if it's 1 a day or 1 a week.

It's also possible SDH signed papers with Auburn with the only people knowing are the staff and SDH. Not saying it happened but it is very possible.

Let us hope.

What E is trying to say is he may just be covering his arse. Either way. Ill let the coaches handle this matter. They can call me if they need my input on this one.

What E is trying to say is he may just be covering his arse. Either way. Ill let the coaches handle this matter. They can call me if they need my input on this one.

Yes, I understood what he was trying to say.

Yes, I understood what he was trying to say.

Yup. Like Tony Stark, this ironman is pretty smart.

It has become a common theme that many recruits are are signing papers to multiple schools. This is likely happened here. No information but judging by SDH's actions he may have done so himself. I have been told this isn't over by any means.

Archived