SEC APR rates released, 2007-2011

keesler

Who stayed in academically ineligible?

Who dropped out ineligible?

I really would have thought our APR would have been a bit higher......how the hell is uga and fl ahead of us?????? How is it scored if a kid is kicked off the team?

I really would have thought our APR would have been a bit higher......how the hell is uga and fl ahead of us?????? How is it scored if a kid is kicked off the team?

I have no idea how they score this thing.  I question the uga/fla score, I don't know how they come in ahead of us.  I don't see how uat is ahead of us at the rate they process out players on the fb team every year. :dunno:

((#schollies x 2 - academ ineligible - (academ ineligible drop out x 2)) / #schollies x 2) 1000  ------> this is for each year

The NCAA has the power to forgive some instances ---- not sure how

If a player transfers while still academically eligible - he does not count

Not sure what happens if a player is kicked off the team tho

Hope this clears the mud that is the APR

I figure '07 and '08 are killing us because alot of tubby's recruits didnt make it in (i.e. Raven Gray and the two guys Ole Miss picked up).......if these guys counted then that is why we are low.

I have no idea how they score this thing.  I question the uga/fla score, I don't know how they come in ahead of us.  I don't see how uat is ahead of us at the rate they process out players on the fb team every year. :dunno:

This would be for academic issues - players not progressing in their courses. Personally I would be totally shocked if bama was not towards the top of the list. The bama players do not even know what their major is at times (Mount Cody) yet still pass. Bama will always be near the top here. They have a system in place that moves their players through their courses whether they attend class, have any idea what the heck their major is, what degree they are getting or anything else.

This list is really worthless. Schools that do not pass athletes no matter what they do or have classes the athletes actually have to show up for will always be lower on the list.

This would be for academic issues - players not progressing in their courses. Personally I would be totally shocked if bama was not towards the top of the list. The bama players do not even know what their major is at times (Mount Cody) yet still pass. Bama will always be near the top here. They have a system in place that moves their players through their courses whether they attend class, have any idea what the heck their major is, what degree they are getting or anything else.

This list is really worthless. Schools that do not pass athletes no matter what they do or have classes the athletes actually have to show up for will always be lower on the list.

Example 1 is Eddie Lacey. He was in Special Ed classes in high school but made the SEC academic honor roll his 1st year at bammer.

Archived