And We're Back!

RunInRed

And We’re Back!

First, I want to send a special thanks to our IT team. To get right to the point, this was no easy task. To give you an idea of the scope, merging the Auburn Eagle and AUFAMILY sites included pulling together more than 3.5MM records from 20K+ users. This path included database extractions, database backups, server migrations, software conversions, custom merger scripts, post-merge manual cleanup… well, you get the picture. To say this was a ‘monumental task’ doesn’t really even begin to give the effort justice. And so again, I want to thank our technical leads who endured many late/sleepless nights over the past week to get us to this point.

Also, I want to thank you for your patience and understanding during these last few days. We knew going into this merger that now was not the ideal time to take the site offline and so we had hoped to mitigate downtime to the weekend. However, the effort proved bigger than even our most conservative estimates and as always with transitions like this, there were many roadblocks and false starts along the way. But you guys hung in there (despite the withdrawals! ;)) and for that, I am grateful.

Ok, enough with the mush and onto the good stuff. First let me attempt to head-off some of the obvious questions:

Question: Where do I go to access the site and how should I update my bookmarks?

Answer: Main Site: http://aufamily.com Forums: http://aufamily.com/forums

Question: How do I login? Have my Auburn Eagle / AUFAMILY credentials changed?

Answer: The Sign In link can be found in the top right navigation bar. Note: Make sure you check “Remember me” so you will remain logged in and not have to sign in every visit.

Your login credentials have not changed (i.e., The Username and Password you had pre-merger is the same).

In some very rare instances (duplicates, special characters not allowed, etc.), member/display names were automatically modified. If you are member who was affected and wish to change your modified display name, please send an email request to: admin@aufamily.com.

Also, some post counts were manipulated. Again, if this affected you, please send an email to: admin@aufamily.com and we will look into it.

Lastly, note that new registrations will be closed for approximately one week while we ensure all existing members can access their accounts.

Question: What are the Board Rules and who are the Admins / Moderators?

Answer: The Board Rules can be found here.

Admins:

• RunInRed
  • stoic-one
  • TitanTiger

Moderators:

• AgentOrange
  • around4ever
  • AUAeroEngineer
  • augolf1716
  • AUSportTalk
  • AuNuma1
  • Bigbird
  • BornaTiger
  • CarolinaTiger
  • DJ_Hatch
  • herktiger
  • InfernoOrangeSS
  • kkolumbo
  • Ranger12
  • Ravad
  • rednilla
  • StatTiger
  • TexasTiger
  • The Duke
  • Tiger Al
  • Tigermike
  • WarTiger
  • WarTim

Question: What is the Forum structure?

Answer: The Auburn Eagle forums and AUFAMILY forums have been consolidated and mapped as follows:

AE --> AUFAMILY

• Announcements --> Site Information (NEW)
  • Advertisers
  • Site Information
  • Help & Support --> Support (Site Information sub forum) (NEW)

• Auburn Football --> AU Football
  • Auburn Recruiting --> AU Recruiting
  • Auburn Basketball --> AU Basketball
  • Auburn Baseball --> AU Baseball
  • Other Auburn Sports --> Other AU Sports
  • College Football --> Rivals (Football sub forum)
  • Pro Sports --> Non-AU Sports
  • Another Turd Bites the Dust --> The Woodshed

• Auburn Eagle Marketplace --> AUF Marketplace
  • General Chat --> All Things Considered
  • Auburn Pictures and Graphics --> Auburn Pictures and Graphics (NEW)
  • Fun & Games --> Fun & Games (NEW)

Question: How do I access my personal messages (PM)?

Answer: Once logged in, click on your name in the top right navigation bar. From the drop down select ‘Personal Messenger.'

Also note, from this drop down you can update your status, profile (e.g., Avatar, Signature), manage settings, ignore users and more…

Question: Is there going to be an Auburn Eagle color theme/skin?

Answer: Yes, but not immediately. Hang tight while we get everyone settled and situated.

As a final caveat, we know there is additional cleanup to do which will be happening in real-time over the coming days. Please don't freak out if something is not perfect yet ... we'll get there. Again, be cool and bear with us as we work through this.

Well, those are the basics. This platform is pretty user-friendly so jump right in and enjoy. And if you have any other questions, problems, comments, etc. … feel free to use this thread to discuss.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding while we brought these two great communities together.

War Eagle!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody! I'm excited to get to know all you guys over here. Looking forward to catching up on all my AU news.

Well done to all the technical guys who must have put in a ton of work to make this integration happen!

AE poster here. So what did I miss in the transition?

You tell us and we'll all know??

Seriously, welcome to AUF!

When's kickoff?

:au:

Got my tickets yesterday and we are back online today how great is that....anyone care to do a quick run down on practice and Javon?

This is definitely going to take an adjustment. I got soo used to auburn eagle's color scheme and flow etc...glad to have some quality auburn boards back online though

Well, you picked a good time to shut down - only missed a few things:

We landed Newt on Mars

Elvis had his 35th Deathday celebration

The Turds admitted 27 secondary violations

We had a bunch of scrimmages

Honey Badger went to rehab

Willard gave us "all we need to know" about his taxes

Anything I missed?

Archived