Colin Powell: Insurgents are winning

TexasTiger

Both plans depend heavily on building significant Iraqi forces to take over security. But the truth is, neither party is fully reckoning with the reality of Iraq—which is that the insurgents, by most accounts, are winning. Even Secretary of State Colin Powell, a former general who stays in touch with the Joint Chiefs, has acknowledged this privately to friends in recent weeks, NEWSWEEK has learned. The insurgents have effectively created a reign of terror throughout the country, killing thousands, driving Iraqi elites and technocrats into exile and scaring foreigners out. "Things are getting really bad," a senior Iraqi official in interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi's government told NEWSWEEK last week. "The initiative is in [the insurgents'] hands right now.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6370525/site/newsweek/

Misleading post. There's no quote from Powell that says that, yet you clearly paint that picture. Unnamed, 'private' sources say Powell has said ..yadda yadda yadda.

Just because the terrorist are fighting back, doesn't mean we're not on the right side. I just makes the job that much tougher.

Misleading post. There's no quote from Powell that says that, yet you clearly paint that picture. Unnamed, 'private' sources say Powell has said ..yadda yadda yadda.

Just because the terrorist are fighting back, doesn't mean we're not on the right side. I just makes the job that much tougher.

116843[/snapback]

There ya go wanting facts and proof again. Damn you. You, you, you ...

Republican!

Besides. I think we heard this weeks ago and it was said to have been taken out of context.

Archived