Where is Melvin Ray?

trout54

That's all. I had heard how horrible he was going to be this year, but i don't recall seeing him on the field yet. We may never get to see just how bad he really is if he never gets in.

Any insight?

This question has been asked recently the general consensus was that he is trying to get back into the swing of football and then he has to learn the playbook. Apparently route running and technique has to be touched up.

He's not on scholarship so it's not like he's taking up room. Maybe he can shake off a four-year absence from football, maybe not. I have a hard time believing he'll ever be able to beat out our other WR guys for playing time.

Jerry Freakin Rice could be lined up, uniformed in the orange and blue, and it still wouldn't matter. Throwing 2 feet behind your receivers is the problem.

Just curious mcdover, is there anything about this Auburn team that you like?

Jerry Freakin Rice could be lined up, uniformed in the orange and blue, and it still wouldn't matter. Throwing 2 feet behind your receivers is the problem.

Well, let's see. The qb can't hit the broad side of a barn. Our best tacklers are on offense, as evident by the multiple interceptions they have to defend. Our DT's are getting manhandled. Our LBs wouldn't start at Vanderbilt. Our coaches are calling QB draws on 3rd & 34. Our opponents have figured out our play calling before the 1st qtr is up, but our OC can't seem to see this. We can't keep players out of jail, AND OUR DC COMES OUT AS SAYS WE CAN'T PLAY MAN PRESS!

I do like the new sign on the stadium.

Well, let's see. The qb can't hit the broad side of a barn. Our best tacklers are on offense, as evident by the multiple interceptions they have to defend. Our DT's are getting manhandled. Our LBs wouldn't start at Vanderbilt. Our coaches are calling QB draws on 3rd & 34. Our opponents have figured out our play calling before the 1st qtr is up, but our OC can't seem to see this. We can't keep players out of jail, AND OUR DC COMES OUT AS SAYS WE CAN'T PLAY MAN PRESS!

You have got to be one of the most negative individuals I have seen. We know what is wrong. We don't need it repeated 900 times a day to us. Does this forum have a blacklist option? If it doesn't, we should get one installed.

Anyone else feel like mcdover may have been on (and possibly banned from, I can't remember) this board in another incarnation before the merger?

You have to be one of the biggest idiots I have ever seen on this board

You have got to be one of the most negative individuals I have seen. We know what is wrong. We don't need it repeated 900 times a day to us. Does this forum have a blacklist option? If it doesn't, we should get one installed.

As negative as he is being I can't help but realize he's speaking the truth...I suppose if you don't like the truth you can just find an ignore button somewhere and tell yourself everything is great this year and Auburn is the best team in the country.

sadly, Auburn football is indeed a dumpster fire after 2 games. Will they ever come around? I sure hope so but I will not be surprised if they dont this year. I wish I understood how things got this far off track so quickly especially given the quality of the last 3 recruiting classes. Funny how many posts Ive read stating that Auburn doesn't have the talent we thought we had....somehow I dont buy into that reasoning even a little bit. Auburn has plenty enough talent to be playing at a MUCH HIGHER level than they are. So...what is the problem? Well, I guess thats the 64 thousand dolla question, as they say, but it wont last whatever it is. It'll get corrected by the current staff or the new one and you can bank on that!

As negative as he is being I can't help but realize he's speaking the truth...I suppose if you don't like the truth you can just find an ignore button somewhere and tell yourself everything is great this year and Auburn is the best team in the country.

You're right, there is an ignore button. Mine already has mcdover, TheBlueVue, selias and a couple others on it. Since you get along w/ them so well...

sadly, Auburn football is indeed a dumpster fire after 2 games. Will they ever come around? I sure hope so but I will not be surprised if they dont this year. I wish I understood how things got this far off track so quickly especially given the quality of the last 3 recruiting classes. Funny how many posts Ive read stating that Auburn doesn't have the talent we thought we had....somehow I dont buy into that reasoning even a little bit. Auburn has plenty enough talent to be playing at a MUCH HIGHER level than they are. So...what is the problem? Well, I guess thats the 64 thousand dolla question, as they say, but it wont last whatever it is. It'll get corrected by the current staff or the new one and you can bank on that!

Well I suspect it'll be corrected by the next staff. I like Chizik and want him to succeed at Auburn when it comes to putting a product on the field I find the defense lacking and the offense suspect. If not for Cam Newton and Nick Fairley 2010 would have been another mediocre 7-5 or 8-4 team but thankfully those two were great players and didn't need much developing or coaching.

You're right, there is an ignore button. Mine already has mcdover, TheBlueVue, selias and a couple others on it. Since you get along w/ them so well...

Sunshine pumping only allowed! Hiding from the truth never was very effective in dealing with it.

So sad but so true! At least you made me laugh...

It may be negative, but it is the truth none the less. We have problems that are not going to be fixed in the next year mainly at QB and Secondary. Unless KF can get it together we are in a hole the rest of this year and next..you cant expect JJ to come in and be great next year as a true Freshman. Personally I do not see Frazier improving that much over time he just doesn't seem to have the mental state to play the game..I hope im proven wrong. As for our Secondary we are playing mainly uperclassmen and they have not improved very much from year to year from what I see. Playing the young card is out of reach at this point for the Defense..we should be putting out a solid unit this year and that is not the case right now. Only conclusion I have is its been a huge lack of development.

I agree being continually negative with nothing positive to say is probably worthy of ignoring someone for but I have to admit it's hard to be positive for most of us right now. I would be a little more positive win or lose if Chizik had put a different QB into the game last Saturday regardless of results. When things aren't working out so well and it appears players aren't living up to standards it'd be nice to see the coach care enough to try and shake things up by putting different players into the game. I would have loved to see Jonathon Wallace step into the game for a few series during the 3rd quarter because KF was so distraught he needed time to get it together at the least.

To be positive I think this team has loads of young talent but I want to see it on the field since we are in a rebuilding season.

Well I suspect it'll be corrected by the next staff. I like Chizik and want him to succeed at Auburn when it comes to putting a product on the field I find the defense lacking and the offense suspect. If not for Cam Newton and Nick Fairley 2010 would have been another mediocre 7-5 or 8-4 team but thankfully those two were great players and didn't need much developing or coaching.

I completerly disagree with this. Even Steve Spurrier said Auburn had the best offensive line he had seen in a long time. 2010 was a great year and I can guarantee you it took more than 2 players to make it happen. Darvin Adams, Bynes, Dyer, Clayton, Blanc...to name just few, all had a hand in making that season happen

It may be negative, but it is the truth none the less. We have problems that are not going to be fixed in the next year mainly at QB and Secondary. Unless KF can get it together we are in a hole the rest of this year and next..you cant expect JJ to come in and be great next year as a true Freshman. Personally I do not see Frazier improving that much over time he just doesn't seem to have the mental state to play the game..I hope im proven wrong. As for our Secondary we are playing mainly uperclassmen and they have not improved very much from year to year from what I see. Playing the young card is out of reach at this point for the Defense..we should be putting out a solid unit this year and that is not the case right now. Only conclusion I have is its been a huge lack of development.

KF hasn't improved since High School...look at his scouting report. I will admit that he has one heck of an arm but if he can't get past his negatives we need a new QB asap.

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=3732787

STRENGTHS eval_pro.gif Arm Strength eval_pro.gif Running Ability / Mobility eval_pro.gif Size AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT eval_con.gif Accuracy / Consistency eval_con.gif Decision-making eval_con.gif Field Vision

Anyone else tired of hearing "oncey they learn the playbook"? Did the coaches just spring the playbook on them the week before the clempsun game? Have these guys ever played football before this year? I never played football at the college level, and I am sure it is more difficult than pee wee or junior varsity football, but I find it hard to believe that these guys have had their playbooks for at least 6 months, and still do not know it.

Let's forget the actual plays for a moment, and just focus on the fundamentals of football. The underlying fundamental of defensive football is to tackle the guy with the football. If you are on the d-line, you get pressure on the QB, and tackle anyone running the ball. If you are a LB, you contain the play, cover the middle, and tackle anyone running the ball. If you are a DB, you cover the receiver in front of you, jamming him on the line, and keep him from catching the ball, then tackling him if he catches said ball. I realize there are schemes, areas of coverage, help over the top from the safeties, and all that to contend with, but I haven't seen many of our guys displaying the fundamentals, much less the more involved aspects. It is disheartening to see opposing receivers wide open to catch the 5-7 yard passes, then turn them into 15-20 yard gains due to poor tackling and pursuit angles. Not sure where the problem lies, or how to fix it, but I do know that something is broken. If it the players not knowing the playbook after spring, summer and fall camp, then I don't think we find a fix this year.

I still love my team and my university, and will support them come hell or high water!!! War Eagle!!!

Everyone here knows our team is playing like trash, Constantly bashing the players, coaches and whoever else we want to blame doesn't help the situation. I prefer to think changes will be made to fix the issues we are seeing. Whether it be from CGC getting things in place...or our athletic director. I'm not going to sit here and bash bash bash (whether it is true or not, constantly harping on all of the negative aspects of our ability is bashing)....I would much rather read about what is being done to FIX the issues instead of reading the non stop broken records of people saying this sucks, that sucks yadda yadda....you know, the crap we ALREADY KNOW because we watch the games.

A lot of the trolls and negative nancies are just repeating themselves in EVERY thread...like that does any of us any good.

Archived