Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say that one of the biggest turnoffs of this whole haze craze is the pricing. $16 for a 4pk of 16oz cans just seems a little gouge-y. Yes, the beer is delicious and equally so, I’ll pay for it...I just don’t like doing it.

And it’s not just Bearded Iris, it’s pretty much standard pricing across the board for 4pks of haze. 

I also don’t like the stigma coming from beer elitists. The whole #hazebro bashing is tiresome, although that may stem from the increasingly bigger crowds showing up for releases.

If you’re on Facebook, “like” Don’t Drink Beer. If you can’t find it, PM me and I’ll invite you. Also “like” Beer Memes. There’s a goldmine of humorous beer nerd memes out there. 

One issue with Bearded Iris is that in the grand scope of their offerings, they all kind of taste the same. Hitting them back to back to back I can only taste the subtle differences. 

6qqBsw3.jpg

However, they all mask their ABVs very well. Dangerously well balanced and totally crushable. 

And rounding out the Bearded Iris with Hotline. In order of preference Tunnel Vision>Hotline>Wavelength>Ever Clever

nq5TWq8.jpg

And of course to accompany Hotline

And yeah, I should’ve compiled all of this into one post, but I didn’t because I’m drankin. 

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

And just because I liked the insta filter on all three:

u8ahafR.jpg

Not sure whether the beers or cans are prettier but I want in.

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

One issue with Bearded Iris is that in the grand scope of their offerings, they all kind of taste the same. Hitting them back to back to back I can only taste the subtle differences. 

However, they all mask their ABVs very well. Dangerously well balanced and totally crushable. 

I have similar thoughts on Trillium. I'm a giant fan, but I'm not going to send anyone there looking for diversity. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ahhh. I remember you posting about them awhile back. Distinctive branding for sure. Not sure if they distribute in GA or SC but I will keep an eye out.

We dont get much of their stuff. They have a hefeweizen that floats up here too. It's good but doesn't stand out from the crowd like the Mega Mix does. I'd put it up against just about any other pale.

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We dont get much of their stuff. They have a hefeweizen that floats up here too. It's good but doesn't stand out from the crowd like the Mega Mix does. I'd put it up against just about any other pale.

I really like their branding/naming though, especially for that hefe....Miami Weiss....

22 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I really like their branding/naming though, especially for that hefe....Miami Weiss....

I'm a sucker for 80s throwback. NewRetroWave stuff gets played on Spotify a lot lately too.

21 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I'm a sucker for 80s throwback. NewRetroWave stuff gets played on Spotify a lot lately too.

That movie Driver had me hooked pretty quickly with this one:

53 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

2CA18EC7-B9CE-4AB7-BE46-B2AFE18A1D2C.gif

LOL. Our quiet little corner of the interwebs is ruined! Ruined! 

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

LOL. Our quiet little corner of the interwebs is ruined! Ruined! 

Assuming(?) you refer to the Baptism thread;

damn' thing did a neighborhood drive-by and then pulled a U-ey.

I believe I'll have a beer.

11 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Assuming(?) you refer to the Baptism thread;

damn' thing did a neighborhood drive-by and then pulled a U-ey.

I believe I'll have a beer.

May I recommend...

Image result for big bad baptist

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

May I recommend...

Image result for big bad baptist

Rather surprisingly? Don't think I can get them down here.

7 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Rather surprisingly? Don't think I can get them down here.

Little to no comfort, I don't think they distribute in the SE at all.

Archived