Can Chizik make a splash OC hire?

texastiger09

mangino.jpg220px-MarkMangino.jpg

Nope... judging by some of the twitter stuff he would make them cry with verbal abuse and we would lose all the underclassmen.

What he got fired for if I remember, verbal abuse.

Exhibit A:

he would make a hell of a splash off the high dive!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mangino.jpg220px-MarkMangino.jpg

Nope... judging by some of the twitter stuff he would make them cry with verbal abuse and we would lose all the underclassmen.

What he got fired for if I remember, verbal abuse.

Exhibit A:

he would make a hell of a splash off the high dive!

LOL I forgot about Mangino.

Borges is not the answer. His offense was very predictable by the time he left AU. Every place he has been his production declines after the first year and keeps spiraling until he moves on or gets fired.

I said this in another thread but I think a successful, proven coach at a school like Fresno State, Nevada, or Marshall will take the chance on getting exposure at AU and get double (or triple) his income. We could also grab a very good NFL guy that needs (or is getting pushed out) of a bad NFL team which is how we got Bobby Petrino from Jacksonville. But the new coach needs the opportunity to bring in his own assistants so he can get the offense turned around immediately. No more OJT for coaches.

if your head coach does not have an offensive philosophy of his own, this is the result. you just have to hope when he gets a oc and system that works he has the good sense to stay with it and make it his own. fail x2. we had a great one.

With the QBs we have now, he better get a Gus clone because that is what these guys are schooled to run. But if this happens, say goodbye to having a real QB come to Auburn. We will be running a glorified Wildcat offense.

From what little I've seen of it, I really like Florida's Offense. Some Spread looks but a lot of downfield running. I wish we could have gotten that Pease (?) fellow they got from Boise instead of Loefler.

From what little I've seen of it, I really like Florida's Offense. Some Spread looks but a lot of downfield running. I wish we could have gotten that Pease (?) fellow they got from Boise instead of Loefler.

spread looks with a lot of downhill running sounds very good to me. reminds me of a guy named gus.

Tony Franklin is a successful coach everywhere he has been besides Auburn. It's not his fault he had to keep the good ole boys as assistants who couldn't coach. He ran a spread not a 3 yard and a cloud of dust offense. Give him coaches who can coach his system and players who can play it and he will score points believe that. He was put in a losing situation and then when he had enough of it he decided to coach the whole offense hisself this offended the others (Nall/Ensminger) and he was told to load up his Hyundai Sonata and leave.

I really wish we could of gotten Brent Pease this past year he is a smart innovative coach that would have been a perfect hire.

Tony Franklin is a successful coach everywhere he has been besides Auburn. It's not his fault he had to keep the good ole boys as assistants who couldn't coach. He ran a spread not a 3 yard and a cloud of dust offense. Give him coaches who can coach his system and players who can play it and he will score points believe that. He was put in a losing situation and then when he had enough of it he decided to coach the whole offense hisself this offended the others (Nall/Ensminger) and he was told to load up his Hyundai Sonata and leave.

I really wish we could of gotten Brent Pease this past year he is a smart innovative coach that would have been a perfect hire.

Tony Franklin faces Texas A&M in a couple of weeks. Should be interesting to watch and could end up a scoring slug fest like Baylor vs WVU. I don't think they have the athletes to stay with A&M but LaTech's lowest point total so far this year was 44 vs Virgina.

Tony Franklin faces Texas A&M in a couple of weeks. Should be interesting to watch and could end up a scoring slug fest like Baylor vs WVU. I don't think they have the athletes to stay with A&M but LaTech's lowest point total so far this year was 44 vs Virgina.

They play this week. I do expect A&M to win big but there is a big difference in talent. I think the line is 7 1/2

Just wishful thinking; remember the glory days of chizik and petrino? Sounds good, but he needs a job and we need an OC !!! I know he wouldn't go for it and by the way pat dye speaks of him they won't go for this. I know I would forgive him, it just may work out for the best, u never know!! War Eagle!!!

CSL can win. He needs an Oline and pro-style QB. If we hire a new OC for '13, the new OC would have to be a spread guy to be competitive.

Not if JJ wins the starting job.

Archived