Can Chizik make a splash OC hire?

texastiger09

La Tech is in the Top 25 with Tony Franklin's offense. Might as well bring him back. LOL.

They are actually #3 in scoring offense:

http://www.ncaa.com/...rrent/team/1028

That's what happens when the rest of the offensive assistants are willing to coach to your system instead of our then good ol boy assistants who did not want to coach the way they needed to.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If so.....who?

Chizik shouldn't be allowed to hire one again. You don't get mulligans in hiring coaches

That would leave Bobby Lowder's disciples on the board making the hire and that would be even worse.

CSL can win. He needs an Oline and pro-style QB. If we hire a new OC for '13, the new OC would have to be a spread guy to be competitive.

We've actually moved the ball well out of the I, but Spoon-boy will always switch suddenly to shotgun and stall the drive.

Chuck Long is currently coaching wide receivers at a high school in Norman Oklahoma. That's about as close to a "splash" hire as we could hope to make a given the circumstances

Hiring a really good OC is not a problem this day and age. We have the hardest side of the ball covered with BVG. There are great offensive minds everywhere. That's why I can't understand the Loeffler hire. We had so many options out there. So maybe he was the third or fourth or fifth candidate. Honestly, there was still better candidates out there. In addition, it would have been a solid move to promote Luper and see how he did. I just don't get why we hired Loeffler and I probably never will. It does not make sense to me.

If so.....who?

Chizik shouldn't be allowed to hire one again. You don't get mulligans in hiring coaches

That would leave Bobby Lowder's disciples on the board making the hire and that would be even worse.

I have a sinking feeling that is how we got Scott Loeffler.

I just don't get why we hired Loeffler and I probably never will. It does not make sense to me.

You also seemingly just said that promoting Luper would have been a solid move, so that explains that....

We wll remember the disastrous 2008 season. Franklin fired at mid season and thus, the beginning od the end for CTT. Could it be that history is repeating itself on the plains?

Archived