New Coaches (merged all new coach topics)

joey87

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cam Cameron. Unlike Del Rio he has Div 1 HC experience.

Meh, I'd much rather have Chan Gailey. At least he was successful as a college head coach.

Kirby Smart HC +

Brian Van Gorder DC +

Willie Martinez DBs = killer defense.

The recruiting class that's coming to the Plains would stay in tact that's for sure. In fact, I bet we would get a few more along with those already committed. Wow, that just sounds insane. We would quickly have the best defense in the country. I really don't get the reluctance on Smart. Sometimes, you can just tell when a coach has got "It." Kirby Smart has whatever "It" is. He'd do great things with BVG and Willie Martinez.

Kirby Smart HC +

Brian Van Gorder DC +

The recruiting class that's coming to the Plains would stay in tact that's for sure. In fact, I bet we would get a few more along with those already committed. Wow, that just sounds insane. We would quickly have the best defense in the country. I really don't get the reluctance on Smart. Sometimes, you can just tell when a coach has got "It." Kirby Smart has whatever "It" is. He'd do great things with BVG and Willie Martinez.

Theres three reasons this wouldnt work out well for Auburn:

First of all there is no way Smart would keep BVG nor would BVG stay if Smart was hired. They both run completely different schemes on defense.

Second, a great OC hire would STILL be needed, because if yall need a reminder the reason this season has been a dissapointment has been because of the offense.

And third, (this is just my opinion) I dont think that hiring a Bama assistant and Saban disiciple would work out well for us. How good is Smart, compared to how much of his success is related to Saban?

Real catch 22. Hire a Briles, Holderson (sp), or any other spread, air raid coach and give up 40 points per game. Hire a Smart or Strong and still have worry about hiring the right OC.

Kirby Smart HC +

Brian Van Gorder DC +

First of all there is no way Smart would keep BVG nor would BVG stay if Smart was hired. They both run completely different schemes on defense.

Second, a great OC hire would STILL be needed, because if yall need a reminder the reason this season has been a dissapointment has been because of the offense.

And third, (this is just my opinion) I dont think that hiring a Bama assistant and Saban disiciple would work out well for us. How good is Smart, compared to how much of his success is related to Saban?

Yep because hiring a bama assistant hasn't ever worked out for us................um wait, nevermind. What was that guys' name again? Was it Dye or something? Can't remember.

If AU does indeed look for a new HC---and I for one who that's the case---I think looking long and hard at Kirby Smart would be a "smart" thing to do. He's young, he knows the SEC (which was apparently one of the big factors in the decision to hire Chizik), and it just might cut the heart out of Nick Saban, or at least damage it a good bit. I tell you, when AU was looking in '08, I had really hoped that Muschamp would have been the one, even though I believe there might have been some hard feelings between Boom and Jacobs when Boom was here as the DC. AU's got the money---go get Kirby Smart.

Why would ya'll want to hire Kirby Smart and Keep Brian Van Gorder as dcoordinator? Did yall realize that BVG is a 4-3 disciple and Smart is a 3-4 disciple... Would Dana Holgorsen hire Al Borges to run his offense this is a contrast of styles to say the least.

If AU does indeed look for a new HC---and I for one who that's the case---I think looking long and hard at Kirby Smart would be a "smart" thing to do. He's young, he knows the SEC (which was apparently one of the big factors in the decision to hire Chizik), and it just might cut the heart out of Nick Saban, or at least damage it a good bit. I tell you, when AU was looking in '08, I had really hoped that Muschamp would have been the one, even though I believe there might have been some hard feelings between Boom and Jacobs when Boom was here as the DC. AU's got the money---go get Kirby Smart.

I agree. I see nothing wrong with hiring a "saban disciple" at Auburn. I mean, look how well Muschamp and Fisher are doing with their turn around jobs at UF and FSU. Obviously coaches learn how to run a program from saban so it seems a no brainer to me.

I agree. I see nothing wrong with hiring a "saban disciple" at Auburn. I mean, look how well Muschamp and Fisher are doing with their turn around jobs at UF and FSU. Obviously coaches learn how to run a program from saban so it seems a no brainer to me.

had no idea

Kirby Smart HC +

Brian Van Gorder DC +

Yep because hiring a bama assistant hasn't ever worked out for us................um wait, nevermind. What was that guys' name again? Was it Dye or something? Can't remember.

Sorry, thats not exactly what I meant. I was trying to say I dont think we should hire Smart because I believe his success under Saban is because of Saban. I might be wrong and Kirby Smart might be better than Saban himself but that is just my opinion.

Why would ya'll want to hire Kirby Smart and Keep Brian Van Gorder as dcoordinator? Did yall realize that BVG is a 4-3 disciple and Smart is a 3-4 disciple... Would Dana Holgorsen hire Al Borges to run his offense this is a contrast of styles to say the least.

Who knows what would happen. Being Georgia boys, they might want to combine systems and work together. Heck on the other hand, they might not like each other at all. Like I said, who knows?

Kirby Smart HC +

Brian Van Gorder DC +

Sorry, thats not exactly what I meant. I was trying to say I dont think we should hire Smart because I believe his success under Saban is because of Saban. I might be wrong and Kirby Smart might be better than Saban himself but that is just my opinion.

Im sorry if I read that wrong. My fault.

Meh, I'd much rather have Chan Gailey. At least he was successful as a college head coach.

Gailey was at better schools too.

Last coach we got with Indiana ties turned out pretty good.

I say call Chris Peterson and make him an offer he can't refuse. Double his Boise salary from 2 million to 4 million. Give him whatever he wants!

Oh Chan Mr Personality

Said it once said it again go to Seattle and give Pete Carroll a blank check and make him say no.

He is the only coach we could hire that can go toe to toe with Satan.

He probably says no but you never know till you ask.

You guys saying Chan Gailey shouldn't be allowed within 100k miles of any search committee what you kidding me??

Was Gerry Dinardo and Rocky Felker not available??

I would like to get Brian Kelly but I know that won't happen. Hell, what about Paul Rhodes? He probably feels shafted after Chizik got there but he's already improved Chizik's old team once.

I would like to get Brian Kelly but I know that won't happen. Hell, what about Paul Rhodes? He probably feels shafted after Chizik got there but he's already improved Chizik's old team once.

Rhodes is an ISU alumnus if I'm not mistaken.

Archived