New Coaches (merged all new coach topics)

joey87

Personally, I think if Auburn does hire another coach not saying I want one of these three but here they are:

1. Gus Malzahn

2. Paul Rhodes

3. Hugh Freeze

Now before you slam Freeze, you have to think about the disaster Freeze took over at Ole Miss. Does that team not look like they are improving already? We have hired a coach from Ole Miss before and Freeze wouldn't shock me.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malzahn is not the answer. Hiring him would be like hiring Chizik except 1 year earlier in the process. Gus needs to prove he can dominate at Arky St. before Auburn or any major program should consider him.

I don't see Jimmy wanting to get back into coaching anytime soon.....or ever again.

He's not.

Personally, I think if Auburn does hire another coach not saying I want one of these three but here they are:

1. Gus Malzahn

2. Paul Rhodes

3. Hugh Freeze

Now before you slam Freeze, you have to think about the disaster Freeze took over at Ole Miss. Does that team not look like they are improving already? We have hired a coach from Ole Miss before and Freeze wouldn't shock me.

The folks on this board will really like Freeze if he beats us by about 30 like I think he will.

1-Butch Davis and dont give me the he cheats crap. 2- Steve Spurrier he doesnt like SC media. 3- Gary Paterson he is a winner. 4- Kirby Smart he would know how the other team in state gets it done

Petrino was a heck of a head coach at Arkansas. He was also a great OC when he at Auburn. For about 2 years, we had Petrino as our OC and Chizik as our DC.

I would take Kirby Smart. A defensive minded coach that would able to get our D fundamentally sound. I think with him and BVG our D would be a top 10 D within two years. Not sure that he would be interested in AU but I would love to have him.

Maybe we are jumping the gun.

I mean, c'mon, who is the last AU head coach to get fired after a bad OC hire??

......Oh crap...wait a sec.. :blink:

1-Butch Davis and dont give me the he cheats crap. 2- Steve Spurrier he doesnt like SC media. 3- Gary Paterson he is a winner. 4- Kirby Smart he would know how the other team in state gets it done

Butch Davis, whether he cheats or not, isn't a good fit for Auburn. We can do way better. He does cheat. LOL. Spurrier is too old and S. C will likely be his last stop in coaching. Great coach, but not a fit for Auburn at all. Patterson is a great coach at TCU and I wouldn't mind at all seeing him at Auburn. Kirby Smart - HELL NO. The last thing we need to do is give someone their first head coaching job and let them learn on the job. NO WAY and NO THANK YOU. Not at all interested in Smart in the least. He needs to learn how to be a head coach before taking over a big time program. He's not qualified.

Petrino was a heck of a head coach at Arkansas. He was also a great OC when he at Auburn. For about 2 years, we had Petrino as our OC and Chizik as our DC.

Not really. He was an average head coach. Nothing special. Petrino is also a heck of a loser in life and a heck of snake. Not something I want representing Auburn. Our defenses have been bad enough lately, why bring in a coach that is known for horrible defense? Not a wise choice. Petrino is likely done with head coaching jobs at any major school.

I never once said that I wanted Freeze. I just said I could see him being hired and gave a reason why he is not a bad coach. For the record, that's not who I want as our HC honestly. He or Paul Rhodes or Malzahn is who I see Jacobs hiring. Now this whole equation can change completely. If Auburn gets rid of Jacobs, I can't predict what direction Auburn will go I'm just doing my best guess from the hires Jacobs has made so far.

Ahem...Jack Del Rio...dude has NFL pedigree. Been there and done it both as a coach and a player. Many believed he was in line for the USC job couple years ago. Coached in Jacksonville for a long time, and I'm sure he has some cred down here in the SE. The guy looks the part to a T. I loved him when he was wearing a suit on the sideline. He's not afraid to make a statement. Defense would be solid always! I believe he would be a great recruiter. Thoughts?

Ahem...Jack Del Rio...dude has NFL pedigree. Been there and done it both as a coach and a player. Many believed he was in line for the USC job couple years ago. Coached in Jacksonville for a long time, and I'm sure he has some cred down here in the SE. The guy looks the part to a T. I loved him when he was wearing a suit on the sideline. He's not afraid to make a statement. Defense would be solid always! I believe he would be a great recruiter. Thoughts?

And keep BVG!

Desperately need to get away from the idea every coach has to have NFL connections or experience. Way overrated. If the kid has the skills for the NFL the NFL will find him no matter where he plays or who he plays for.

Some of you harp on NFL experience for the recruiting edge, but another way, a cooler way to do this would be to get with Under Armour and let them go to town on our uniforms.

Desperately need to get away from the idea every coach has to have NFL connections or experience. Way overrated. If the kid has the skills for the NFL the NFL will find him no matter where he plays or who he plays for.

Some of you harp on NFL experience for the recruiting edge, but another way, a cooler way to do this would be to get with Under Armour and let them go to town on our uniforms.

In isnt a must, but it sure dont hurt. If u really think uniforms make a team, Ithink u've mi;seed the point. Sorry bout the typing. my right hand is all casted up.

In isnt a must, but it sure dont hurt. If u really think uniforms make a team, Ithink u've mi;seed the point. Sorry bout the typing. my right hand is all casted up.

Name one reason JDR wouldn't be an awesome hire?

How about Gundy from Oklahoma State? Les Miles is an ex Oklahoma State coach and he has turned out pretty well for LSU.....

I think Gundy went to school at Ok State. Probably won't leave. Also has T. Boone Pickens writing massive checks to the athletic department.

Archived