Should players support the staff at this point?

passthebiscuits

Just a thought, and I certainly don't know the answer... But does anyone find it disconcerting that no player (Lutzie would be a good example) has come out on social media or in interviews to show support of the coaching staff? something like, "we know there's talk about our coaches, but let me tell you, our coaches are doing everything they can to get us ready for the games an we as players just arent getting it done." just wondering...

The silence is telling....

I think that's a great question. But there just seems to be so much blame to go around. Even if they did, the product we're seeing is so subpar, it's hard to give it any credence. What are the two linebackers who've given up the "Dyer" runs supposed to say, "We work on tackling every day. We just didn't drive him into the ground." (?) Would it make any difference?

Players should support the coaches by doing their best every day. They've got enough to worry about without getting into drama.

and vice versa

WDE

My Senior season in high school, we had half the Seniors quit because of the coaching staff. The staff got fired one year later. Those of us who stayed decided we would play hard each week for each other, not for the coaches. I and any other player that is a true competitor wants to win more than anything! Play for yourself, your family, and your teammates!

My Senior season in high school, we had half the Seniors quit because of the coaching staff. The staff got fired one year later. Those of us who stayed decided we would play hard each week for each other, not for the coaches. I and any other player that is a true competitor wants to win more than anything! Play for yourself, your family, and your teammates!

Well said.

They should be respectful and do what they are told, but I bet the players no what is going on with the staff. Their reputation and pride are on the line so they should play hard and not quit. Younger guys could seek transfers. Couldn't blame them for that.

Quit? No way should this team or any team quit doing something they want do.....

Players should support each other and Auburn. Auburn provides the support to the coaches. It gives the coaches class-A facilities to use, a great campus, fantastic students and alums and some of the best compensation in the business. The Coaches have all the support they need, from their employer.

Why would someone ask a question like that? I do not think the coach's has gone brain dead and forgot how to coach. Look at the ages of players, they are young and are learning. They have to learn how to win same as learning the new systems of collage football. This will all come together. Since you ask the question what would do?

I have not read other posts on this thread. IMHO asking this question is ludicrous.

My answer is with their full effort. They agreed to play for AU. They should support the

men who are their coaches and not lower their own standards or efforts because things are going bad.

There is a huge life lesson being ignored by asking this question.

You may not like your boss but if he is your boss support him and the goals of the organization with your best efforts.

People would complain and say it looks desperate and it is a sure sign that the wheels are coming off and to fire JJ, TJ, and CGC and get CPD away from the program is the only way to fix it.

Auburn's student athletes play for Auburn, not for the coaches. Coaches come and go, Auburn stays.

We have a winner. I totally agree. You give 100% regardless who the coaches are.

I have not read other posts on this thread. IMHO asking this question is ludicrous.

My answer is with their full effort. They agreed to play for AU. They should support the

men who are their coaches and not lower their own standards or efforts because things are going bad.

There is a huge life lesson being ignored by asking this question.

You may not like your boss but if he is your boss support him and the goals of the organization with your best efforts.

This!

wde

Archived