Enough about Petrino

selias

You make the best case against Petrino that I have heard yet. Much better than the "Sinner! Sinner! Sinner!" argument that we hear so often.

A valid point. One I don't really agree with (I wouldn't put such a restriction on it either way...don't care if he has AU ties or not), but one I can at least understand the logic of.

I'm not really concerned with a head coach having AU ties either, but it certainly shouldn't be a requirement. That is also the most logical reason I've seen too.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bobby Petrino gets hired as AU head coach, we gonna all be eating some tough old crow for a long while. AU folks have always liked to look down on the uat program for "selling their soul to Satan" because they have a win at all cost attitude. Statements have been made publically that Gene Chizik is a great man, a fine, upstanding Chrisitan man, he embodies the Auburn Creed, he is a Godly man, he is a Family man. What kind of backlash will we take if we fire a man with Gene Chizik's moral character and hire a morally corrupt man like Bobby Petrino? Bobby is an egotistical man that holds no regard for authority, loyalty, or truthfullness. Please tell me what AD could ever trust a word that comes out of his mouth? What parent of a recruit could ever trust him to lead, and guide their son to be a fine, upstanding man?

Bobby has too much baggage - IMHO Auburn can't afford to bring in a man that you know from the start is dishonest, trashy, and a total liar.

To be honest, I think the largest backlash would come from Auburn fans themselves as opposed to outside forces. I'm with you that I think BP brings too much baggage, but I honestly don't see Petrino as having a negative national reputation even with the scandal. Most Arky fans want him back, I've seen Tenn. fans who want him, I've seen Texas fans who want him. I think Bobby Petrino will get a serious look from just about every major football program that has a head coaching opening.

Oh, I have no doubt he'll get s look-see from every program that wants a proven winner.

The man is a skunk. It's 6 months later and Bobby's taint still stinks from his last indiscretion that cost him his job and +$18million. I've never seen a piece of A$$ that was worth that kinda cash.

The video is a better indicator of how disingenuous this guy is.

He seemed seriously remorseful and genuine to me. IMO it was telling the remorse was over betraying his wife and not what he lost at Arky.

If Bobby Petrino gets hired as AU head coach, we gonna all be eating some tough old crow for a long while. AU folks have always liked to look down on the uat program for "selling their soul to Satan" because they have a win at all cost attitude. Statements have been made publically that Gene Chizik is a great man, a fine, upstanding Chrisitan man, he embodies the Auburn Creed, he is a Godly man, he is a Family man. What kind of backlash will we take if we fire a man with Gene Chizik's moral character and hire a morally corrupt man like Bobby Petrino? Bobby is an egotistical man that holds no regard for authority, loyalty, or truthfullness. Please tell me what AD could ever trust a word that comes out of his mouth? What parent of a recruit could ever trust him to lead, and guide their son to be a fine, upstanding man?

Bobby has too much baggage - IMHO Auburn can't afford to bring in a man that you know from the start is dishonest, trashy, and a total liar.

To be honest, I think the largest backlash would come from Auburn fans themselves as opposed to outside forces. I'm with you that I think BP brings too much baggage, but I honestly don't see Petrino as having a negative national reputation even with the scandal. Most Arky fans want him back, I've seen Tenn. fans who want him, I've seen Texas fans who want him. I think Bobby Petrino will get a serious look from just about every major football program that has a head coaching opening.

Oh, I have no doubt he'll get s look-see from every program that wants a proven winner.

The man is a skunk. It's 6 months later and Bobby's taint still stinks from his last indiscretion that cost him his job and +$18million. I've never seen a piece of A$$ that was worth that kinda cash.

I know it's different levels but everyone said all the same negative things about Rush Propst and his double life...And low and behold he has Camden County as a nation high school power.

He seemed seriously remorseful and genuine to me. IMO it was telling the remorse was over betraying his wife and not what he lost at Arky.

Dang right he was remorseful. He let his johnson do the thinking for him, he chose to have an extra-martial affair, he chose to hire his side piece to work in his department. How convenient to have your young, blonde mistress working for you in the office where you can have your way with her at your whim and out of the prying eyes of your wife and kids.

He chose to give her a cash gift of +$20,000, he chose to take a Sunday afternoon joy ride with her on his Harley in broadass daylight for anybody to see (how egotistical), without any regard for his employer or his wife.

He chose to lie to a police officer about the passenger in the accident, he chose to lie to his employer and his employer made public statements in a press conference that were lies because they believed their employee. He chose to withold the truth from his employer about his text messages, which were found to have taken place minutes before the Arky/Bama game. (Wonder where is head was if he was texting his mistress before a huge football game?) He chose to lie and withold information from his employer about everything. And, whether it ever comes to light or not, those text messages weren't only to the blonde, there was yet another "lady" he was communicating with - AND there were pictures in those messages too. (I don't think I want to know what kind of pics he was sending to his ladies)

He embarrassed his wife and family - he embarrassed and humilitated the University he worked for - he embarrassed and humiliated the Athletic Director he worked for by telling lie upon lie.

No thanks - I don't want Bobby on AU campus.

Dang right he was remorseful. He let his johnson do the thinking for him, he chose to have an extra-martial affair, he chose to hire his side piece to work in his department. How convenient to have your young, blonde mistress working for you in the office where you can have your way with her at your whim and out of the prying eyes of your wife and kids.

He chose to give her a cash gift of +$20,000, he chose to take a Sunday afternoon joy ride with her on his Harley in broadass daylight for anybody to see (how egotistical), without any regard for his employer or his wife.

He chose to lie to a police officer about the passenger in the accident, he chose to lie to his employer and his employer made public statements in a press conference that were lies because they believed their employee. He chose to withold the truth from his employer about his text messages, which were found to have taken place minutes before the Arky/Bama game. (Wonder where is head was if he was texting his mistress before a huge football game?) He chose to lie and withold information from his employer about everything. And, whether it ever comes to light or not, those text messages weren't only to the blonde, there was yet another "lady" he was communicating with - AND there were pictures in those messages too. (I don't think I want to know what kind of pics he was sending to his ladies)

He embarrassed his wife and family - he embarrassed and humilitated the University he worked for - he embarrassed and humiliated the Athletic Director he worked for by telling lie upon lie.

Is that you God?...I take it that you are speaking from a high and snotty place Keesler because you have never sinned or made a mistake in your life...

Petrino made a huge mistake, one I doubt he will ever make again. He doesn't have a great track record of being the "good guy" that a lot of people want in a head coach. But the man is one hell of a football coach, and an offensive genius. If he were hired, at this point I don't really know how I would feel about it. I would be a little embarrassed, but at the same time I would know we had an outstanding football coach with a proven track record of winning big with less than Auburn has to offer.

Is that you God?...I take it that you are speaking from a high and snotty place Keesler because you have never sinned or made a mistake in your life...

Reminds me of a debate on TV a long while back between Jesse Jackson and Dan Quayle. The discussion turned to extra marital affairs. Jackson said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Quayle said, "if we are talking about adultery, GIVE ME A ROCK".......

Ding, ding, ding. +Infinity

Reminds me of a debate on TV a long while back between Jesse Jackson and Dan Quayle. The discussion turned to extra marital affairs. Jackson said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Quayle said, "if we are talking about adultery, GIVE ME A ROCK".......

Having not committed adultery does not mean one is without sin.......... Logic

I don't pretend to cast eternal judgment on Bobby Petrino, and I don't read Keesler doing that either. But there is no command of scripture that says we cannot impose earthly consequences for certain actions. Even unconditional love doesn't necessarily translate into unconditional relationships, which, last time I checked, is why passages of Scripture dealing with divorce specifically bless adultery as grounds.

If one of the sacraments can be broken because of that deceit and treachery, then why in the world can't a prospective boss look at both the primary offending behavior and all of the ripples -- the lying, the lying, the lying -- and say, "Not at my school"?

You do realize we are hiring a football coach, and not a preacher, don't you?

I'm relieved you could relay to the Auburn family the type of man Bobby Petrino truly is, seeing as you know him personally. You're basing your ENTIRE OPINION of a man off of one incident. Bobby will be the first to tell you he made a horrible mistake.... If you think Gene Chizik or any other Auburn coach has never so much as told a lie, even to a recruit, you are solely mistaken.

You posters amaze me. Its not adultery entirely.

He lied to the University of Arkansas. He went behind the back of his athletic director at Louisville while stabbing his old boss in the back.

He continued to flirt with other jobs at Louisville.

He cowardly left Atlanta in the middle of the night leaving notes on players locker.

Hell Warrick Dunn "He is just not a good guy" That is damn good enough for me not to higher that tool.

People who say its just about adultery do not get it. He has more baggage then greyhound.

You do realize we are hiring a football coach, and not a preacher, don't you?

I'm relieved you could relay to the Auburn family the type of man Bobby Petrino truly is, seeing as you know him personally. You're basing your ENTIRE OPINION of a man off of one incident. Bobby will be the first to tell you he made a horrible mistake.... If you think Gene Chizik or any other Auburn coach has never so much as told a lie, even to a recruit, you are solely mistaken.

Its NOT one incident. He stabbed Tubbs in the back, he lied to the Louisville AD, he pissed on the Falcons, he lied to Jeff Long at Arkansas, do you see a pattern?????????

I don't pretend to cast eternal judgment on Bobby Petrino, and I don't read Keesler doing that either. But there is no command of scripture that says we cannot impose earthly consequences for certain actions. Even unconditional love doesn't necessarily translate into unconditional relationships, which, last time I checked, is why passages of Scripture dealing with divorce specifically bless adultery as grounds.

If one of the sacraments can be broken because of that deceit and treachery, then why in the world can't a prospective boss look at both the primary offending behavior and all of the ripples -- the lying, the lying, the lying -- and say, "Not at my school"?

You're absolutely right my friend. Deuteronomy 22:22"If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die." #Godthing

If you're not for winning at all costs... Well you're just not into winning.

(See: Cameron Newton 2010)

Go blow Saban I dont agree. We didnt do anything wrong with Cam and I dont want to win at all costs.

He could. But I think if we're going to bring religion into play here, there's an equal if not greater argument that can be made for not forever defining the person by their past.

You posters amaze me. Its not adultery entirely.

He lied to the University of Arkansas. He went behind the back of his athletic director at Louisville while stabbing his old boss in the back.

He continued to flirt with other jobs at Louisville.

He cowardly left Atlanta in the middle of the night leaving notes on players locker.

Hell Warrick Dunn "He is just not a good guy" That is damn good enough for me not to higher that tool.

People who say its just about adultery do not get it. He has more baggage then greyhound.

I never said it was just about adultery.

If you're not for winning at all costs... Well you're just not into winning.

(See: Cameron Newton 2010)

Go blow Saban I dont agree. We didnt do anything wrong with Cam and I dont want to win at all costs.

You're an optimist of the highest degree.......... Then you simply will not win

You're absolutely right my friend. Deuteronomy 22:22"If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die." #Godthing

My point is it's not for us to judge but the leaders of the university to judge as they would be making the decision.

Archived