Enough about Petrino

selias

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that say "Look at what Petrino did", I'll tell you what he did. Going back to 2009, he gave us fits every year, beating us more often than not. Cam Newton won us that game in 2010. Petrino took less-touted players and kicked our rear ends. You put Petrino with the right defensive coordinator, and you have a lethal football team. With Petrino in the situation he is in, you can probably get him to agree to take the Auburn job and keep Van Gorder and any other assistants that we feel SHOULD stay. This would be a home-run hire for Auburn.

Bobby Petrino hasn't done anyhing to hurt us. We give players 2nd, 3rd and even 4th chances to get their life back on the right track.

So my point!! I have been ridiculed and blasted since the loss to Arkansas because i stated Petrino would be a good fit for Auburn along with BVG on Defense. It is a slam dunk hire. All you have to do is put a clause in the contract stipulating that if Petrino does anything to the detriment of Aunurn University there will be sever penalties. I know there are a few who think this is a bad hire morally but my answer to that is there was only one perfect human ever and his name is ...Jesus Christ. All others are sinners one way or another and according to my Bible, Sin is Sin! I am sure there are 80,000 fans who pay good, hard earned money not to see the crap we have seen lately but they pay their money to see Auburn football win games

We all support Auburn, those of us who love her, but reality is that boosters dig deeper when the program is winning football games. Fans don't mind paying higher ticket prices to see great effort and great coaching and winning football. I have yet to see anyone name a coach who we have a legitimate chance of hiring who is better at x's and o's or running a clean football program ( NO NCAA problems at any place he coached). Petrino probably will not get hired here but where ever he does get another chance to coach, I would be willing to guarantee that he will succeed. If we hire another second rate head coach, our football program be in trouble for a long time and that is what scares the heck out of me.

for those with even shorter memories...how about a college recruit father that tried to get money for his son's services. Did we turn our back on that kid? No, we gave him a chance to play. It was later put into place that this type of behavior is now against the rules. Didn't know about all the restrictions placed on Tressal. For that reason alone, I wouldn't take him. But the man can still coach.

Jim Leavitt -What is he doing these days?....Guy is intense.

I know he man handled a player, but I've heard of worse reasons for getting axed. Maybe what we need.

Who was the guy at Boston College a few years back that coached Matt Ryan. Not..O'Brien, but the guy with the Polish last name.

Leavitt is the LB coach with the Niners. It wouldn't bother me for us to go an pillage the Niners staff.

HC Greg Roman

OC Geep Chryst (if he didn't get the OC job in San Fran

DC Jim Leavitt

So someone noted today that Gary Patterson is Mormon. A few Google searches suggests he's not practicing, and let me clear that I could care less the religious beliefs or non-belief of our football coaches, university presidents, etc. I want honorable, ethical people. I don't care to what they attribute their codes. I'm just raising a sociological/political statement here: Does anyone think our board/administration would hire a Mormon? Auburn is ostensibly a public research university. But let's not kid ourselves, the place is a Southern Protestant Republican Mecca, no?

Same kind of concern was a knock against Turner Gill, who is married to a white woman. Personally, I think any old codger (or young one) who is bothered by that ought to be made uncomfortable as hell. But that's not necessarily what rules the roost in Alabama these days. Thoughts?

Van Gorder was the linebackers' coach for the Falcons when Petrino quit on them. BVG probably won't be too excited to work with Petrino again.

Neither coach has any bad feelings to the other.

Van Gorder was the linebackers' coach for the Falcons when Petrino quit on them. BVG probably won't be too excited to work with Petrino again.

Neither coach has any bad feelings to the other.

Well, if that's the case, it could work. I'd personally be very conflicted as I'm a Falcons fan. However, if we get back to Auburn football, i could get used to it. After all, I got used to Julio.

So someone noted today that Gary Patterson is Mormon. A few Google searches suggests he's not practicing, and let me clear that I could care less the religious beliefs or non-belief of our football coaches, university presidents, etc. I want honorable, ethical people. I don't care to what they attribute their codes. I'm just raising a sociological/political statement here: Does anyone think our board/administration would hire a Mormon? Auburn is ostensibly a public research university. But let's not kid ourselves, the place is a Southern Protestant Republican Mecca, no?

Same kind of concern was a knock against Turner Gill, who is married to a white woman. Personally, I think any old codger (or young one) who is bothered by that ought to be made uncomfortable as hell. But that's not necessarily what rules the roost in Alabama these days. Thoughts?

Don't forget the other side of that card that you mentioned with Gill. It's not just your old codger white males (if that is who you are referring to mainly), there is another group that really really hates to see African-American men married to white women. The hint being they would be the mothers of quite a few of your recruits.

Personally I don't care, none of business and doesn't bother me. Unfortunately in this day and age its still an issue and not one that is one sided.

Don't forget the other side of that card that you mentioned with Gill. It's not just your old codger white males (if that is who you are referring to mainly), there is another group that really really hates to see African-American men married to white women. The hint being they would be the mothers of quite a few of your recruits.

Personally I don't care, none of business and doesn't bother me. Unfortunately in this day and age its still an issue and not one that is one sided.

Interesting angle, Texan. Hadn't looked at it that way.

This religious affiliation & inter-racial marriage crap is ridiculous. All I want is a damn good football coach, period. If Gene Chizik is the man, then so be it; if not, then lets move this train on down the line.

Sociological/Political/Religious issues that old, white, Southern Baptist men at AU may have with regards to an Auburn football coach are assinine in 2012. This is proof positive that the "Auburn Old Guard" needs to take to their damn rocking chairs, pronto!

This religious affiliation & inter-racial marriage crap is ridiculous. All I want is a damn good football coach, period. If Gene Chizik is the man, then so be it; if not, then lets move this train on down the line.

Sociological/Political/Religious issues that old, white, Southern Baptist men at AU may have with regards to an Auburn football coach are assinine in 2012. This is proof positive that the "Auburn Old Guard" needs to take to their damn rocking chairs, pronto!

I could not agree more!

Interesting angle, Texan. Hadn't looked at it that way.

Interesting, indeed. And very accurate.

I am not a lawyer. An certainly don't know Arkansas laws.

I saw this on an Arky site a while back.

BP had an agreement not to leave Arky for AU.

I know he got the boot.

Several posters stated the non complete could be enforced.

I know of professional non compete clauses within an industry

in a certain service radius of the old company

that have gone to court after an employee has left a firm

and not of his own choosing.

I am not a lawyer. An certainly don't know Arkansas laws.

I saw this on an Arky site a while back.

BP had an agreement not to leave Arky for AU.

I know he got the boot.

Several posters stated the non complete could be enforced.

I know of professional non compete clauses within an industry

in a certain service radius of the old company

that have gone to court after an employee has left a firm

and not of his own choosing.

Arkansas fans are dreaming.

Archived