Unbelievable post from Bryan Matthews

JamesG

Everybody but BVG has to go.

I'm not so sure he should stay. I live in Atlanta, and I keep hearing "The best thing to happen to the Falcons is Auburn hiring Van Gorder". At first, I thought they were just mad that he left. Then I realized they are undefeated, and now I think they may know what they are talking about.

FWIW, I have lived in Georgia for 14 years, and haven't been much of a Falcons fan, so I don't know how their defenses were with Van Gorder.

I am really having a hard time understanding why people keep saying our defense is getting better. Maybe I am watching the wrong games. Didn't we just get BEAT by Vandy ??? The team I watch, can't tackle, can't force turnovers, DBs play 10 to 15 yards of the line of scrimmage and continuously give up 8 to 10 yard passes, LBs constantly out of position, and NO push from the D line. Now our DEs don't seem to be getting off the ball as quick, maybe it's because of the double teams. We have ONE (1) interception this YEAR. Where is the BETTER ????????????????

Teams don't have to take risks offensively against us when we field such a pitiful offense. They don't have to throw into coverage or make anything happen when they are playing with a big lead.

FWIW, we did create turnovers against Vandy. We held them to 17 points. That should be more than enough to win the game. The D isn't dominant and the DL has struggled, but the lack of scoring is demoralizing for the D imo.

Proof that this defense is soft -----> Early in game Vandy didn't respect our defense, they went for it on 4th down three times straight and were successful the first two times. Their coaches didn't respect our defense, and we're freaking talking about VANDY.

Just imagine what aTm & "Johnny Football" plan to do to this defense on Saturday.

Pardon me, I have to excuse myself, my bowels just turned to water. :OnTheCan:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who isn't Gene Chizik handicapping???? I've heard Loeffler, Van Gorder, and he admitted it with Gus. Is this guy afraid of winning a friggin' football game?? Cheese and Rice (family board), Gene, you hired the guys and ok'd their salaries, now make them earn that money and be a coach. If they can't, fire them and get a proven winner. Stop hiring your old frat buddies and players.

Boulware has done a great job, only beef is his punt returns. We just can't be consistent. Martinez is having an impact. BVG.....I just can't tell, surely these guys are coachable, but it isn't showing on the field. Pelton, great guy, not producing. Grimes, everybody says he is one of the best, but outside of the Sr. laden OL he inherited, I don't see much improvement. Just my ignorance, but what is the criteria that ranks Grimes as a great OL coach?

I'm not so sure he should stay. I live in Atlanta, and I keep hearing "The best thing to happen to the Falcons is Auburn hiring Van Gorder". At first, I thought they were just mad that he left. Then I realized they are undefeated, and now I think they may know what they are talking about.

FWIW, I have lived in Georgia for 14 years, and haven't been much of a Falcons fan, so I don't know how their defenses were with Van Gorder.

I am really having a hard time understanding why people keep saying our defense is getting better. Maybe I am watching the wrong games. Didn't we just get BEAT by Vandy ??? The team I watch, can't tackle, can't force turnovers, DBs play 10 to 15 yards of the line of scrimmage and continuously give up 8 to 10 yard passes, LBs constantly out of position, and NO push from the D line. Now our DEs don't seem to be getting off the ball as quick, maybe it's because of the double teams. We have ONE (1) interception this YEAR. Where is the BETTER ????????????????

Teams don't have to take risks offensively against us when we field such a pitiful offense. They don't have to throw into coverage or make anything happen when they are playing with a big lead.

FWIW, we did create turnovers against Vandy. We held them to 17 points. That should be more than enough to win the game. The D isn't dominant and the DL has struggled, but the lack of scoring is demoralizing for the D imo.

Proof that this defense is soft -----> Early in game Vandy didn't respect our defense, they went for it on 4th down three times straight and were successful the first two times. Their coaches didn't respect our defense, and we're freaking talking about VANDY.

Just imagine what aTm & "Johnny Football" plan to do to this defense on Saturday.

Johnny Football is gonna win the heisman against us this weekend, that's what he is gonna do! If they let him play 3 quarters, he'll have 500+ in the air, and another 150+ on the ground.

OK so some of you ARE watching the same team I am?

Gabe Wright got abused against Vandy. It was embarrassing.

They all did. I would bet that Whitaker was never more happy that he didn't play. I consistenly saw Wright and Carter pushed back into the linebackers. I don't think their QB even had to wash his jersey after the game.

Johnny Football is gonna win the heisman against us this weekend, that's what he is gonna do! If they let him play 3 quarters, he'll have 500+ in the air, and another 150+ on the ground.

Sad to say these stats you're predicting may actually happen

Sad to say these stats you're predicting may actually happen

You're damn right they are gonna happen. BVG can't gameplan for this Sumlin offense that's about to hit JHS, he doesn't know how to stop a spread/high-powered college offense. aTm averages scoring 43 ppg - they've played Arky, Ole Miss, LSU just like we have and they averaged scoring 36 pts in those three games ------ We averaged scoring 12 pts against those same opponents.

When our DC's first comment in postgame about the play of our freshman MLB's first start and 12 tackles, it was something like "he made a lot of mistakes." O.K. Kid made 12 freaking tackles, tied for the lead. I say, he did great! Sure, he made some freshman mistakes but played physical and did a good job. It's like CBVG was addressing the obvious question that we as fans have, why hasn't he been playing more. Would you rather see our MLB being drug 8 yds down field or pancaked by the OG?

I don't know if Pelton needs to go or not. I only know that our results suck. And I know this for certain.

Pelton and Grimes....their results have been very poor and should be scrutinized at season's end. Martinez is doing a bang up job coaching up the Secondary. Other than that, let the Assistants bring in who they want to and replace the ones they want to. That is, if we keep our assistants (which I think we should...yes, even Loeffler).

Usually can't have it both ways. You want a winner of a coach, you better turn the entire program over to him. This includes letting him hire who he wants. If Van Gorder, Martinez, Boulware, etc. interview, and the new HC hires them, great. If not, forcing him to keep assistants only causes problems down the road.

100% Agree

When our DC's first comment in postgame about the play of our freshman MLB's first start and 12 tackles, it was something like "he made a lot of mistakes." O.K. Kid made 12 freaking tackles, tied for the lead. I say, he did great! Sure, he made some freshman mistakes but played physical and did a good job. It's like CBVG was addressing the obvious question that we as fans have, why hasn't he been playing more. Would you rather see our MLB being drug 8 yds down field or pancaked by the OG?

I don't know if Pelton needs to go or not. I only know that our results suck. And I know this for certain.

Makes you wonder how good Nova would be if he had been playing in the first 5 games. Cut his teeth against and took his lumps early, and by now the game would be much slower for him. Nova played his ass off Saturday, and he should be proud of his effort. I know I am.

Made me even more angry when BVG made that comment in the post game. IMO, McKinzy was doing a dang good job, the dude had 12 tackles and was giving 100% - I was so excited to see him start over Holland, and honestly I wish it would have happend sooner than the 7th game of the year. I think Nova deserved some praise from his coach, oh well.

Personally I would like to see Jacobs fire before I get home today. Then hire an AD and let them fine a new coach ASAP.

Our D isn't anywhere near the top of the conference, but it has improved from last season. The DL has underperformed. The LBs (bates, holland, evans, richardson) just didn't have the talent to play in the SEC. The secondary has improved. BVG's weakness is the spread O attack.

Having said that, they have played well enough to win ballgames. The incredibly futile O has been our downfall. Like the above poster said, aTm averages 36 points and Auburn 12 against 3 common opponents. That disparity has nothing to do with the D.

Pelton and Grimes....their results have been very poor and should be scrutinized at season's end. Martinez is doing a bang up job coaching up the Secondary. Other than that, let the Assistants bring in who they want to and replace the ones they want to. That is, if we keep our assistants (which I think we should...yes, even Loeffler).

Usually can't have it both ways. You want a winner of a coach, you better turn the entire program over to him. This includes letting him hire who he wants. If Van Gorder, Martinez, Boulware, etc. interview, and the new HC hires them, great. If not, forcing him to keep assistants only causes problems down the road.

I am still under the assumption that Chizik is going to be coaching here next year.

Made me even more angry when BVG made that comment in the post game. IMO, McKinzy was doing a dang good job, the dude had 12 tackles and was giving 100% - I was so excited to see him start over Holland, and honestly I wish it would have happend sooner than the 7th game of the year. I think Nova deserved some praise from his coach, oh well.

Went right along with Chizik blaming Blake for not catching the TD. Our coaches finally start giving specific examples of poor execution and effort, and they pick the two LEAST DESERVING players to call out. At this point and after that comment, if I'm Blake, I'm playing not to get hurt, and to move on to the NFL next year. Without him, we have NO passing offense. Calling him out was ridiculous, and disrepectful. Kid plays hard every Saturday, and takes a beating due to the piss poor throws that Clint and Kiehl float his way.

I am still under the assumption that Chizik is going to be coaching here next year.

I hope you are wrong.

Hey man, this is the SEC...that stuff don't work in this conference...check the blogs....everyone knows ya gotta have pro-style to win in the SEC.

Hey man, this is the SEC...that stuff don't work in this conference...check the blogs....everyone knows ya gotta have pro-style to win in the SEC.

Sorry, my bad. I forgot that you have to run the "three yards and a cloud of dust" offense in this league. Thanks for the correction!!! :jossun:

Not trying to flame, but maybe BVG knows something you don't. I think he had a good game as well, but I am sure there is a reason for his comments. It could be to keep him humble and working hard or it could be that he really messed up a bunch and would have had more tackles.

I have been saying this whole season that the DT position has been the biggest bust to me. They have been out played every single game and they are completely stood up regraless of which team we are playing.

Spot on post by Byran Matthews.. Yes the defense drives me crazy.. it's not like the offense will score or even sustain a drive but why oh why does it seem like every game the defense gives up an opening drive for a score.. and then right before halftime.. another score.. open up the 3rd Qt.. yet another score.. drives me insane.

No head coach worth a damn is going to take ANY leftovers from the staff goes winless in SEC play, ranks at to near the bottom of the conference in every offensive & defensive catagory, and ranks in the bottom 25% nationally.

Hell, the only coaches on this team that may get picked up by another program are BVG/Martinez/Boulware. BVG may need to go back to the NFL, he's having a hard time transitioning to the college game, IMO.

Every single coach on this staff would get hired almost immediately if they were fired. They have all been successful wherever they have been before here and won a national title while they were here. Ridiculous comment.

Archived