Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

For the 1,000 time people start rumors where is the damn link on this story?

Link? link?............we don't need no stinking Links!LOL

Seriously, a link would be nice though.

It's on auburnsports.com. It was a post from Jat G Tate.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What coach would insist on his own ad? Maybe a coach that has already been pushed out by the current ad

Good food for thought.

What coach would insist on his own ad? Maybe a coach that has already been pushed out by the current ad

Good food for thought.

He is returning to the SEC one way or another might as well come on home

Now is our best shot at landing a big fish. Four years ago we couldnt say championships could be won at AU. We just won a NC two years ago so we can sell that this time and I think it (and an sss load of money)makes the job attractive enough for a Jimbo Fisher or a Bob Stoops. Those factors combined with an alpha male ego, wanting to take the throne from the midget massacre in Tuscaloosa.

Good food for thought.

That;s not how it has gone down to this point. Our interest in the potential AD opened the door for the potential coach...To the point where the coach is interested and contacted Auburn.

Good food for thought.

That;s not how it has gone down to this point. Our interest in the potential AD opened the door for the potential coach...To the point where the coach is interested and contacted Auburn.

Can you name the school? We will figure out the rest! LOL

Good food for thought.

How do you see this going down? It seems there is talk that JJ could be gone as soon as tomorrow. If a new AD is named that would let out who the new coach may be due to this currently being made out to be a package deal. It would seem that any coach, especially Stoops, would not want anyone to know at this point in the season.....so how would the timing of all of this work out?

Good food for thought.

How do you see this going down? It seems there is talk that JJ could be gone as soon as tomorrow. If a new AD is named that would let out who the new coach may be due to this currently being made out to be a package deal. It would seem that any coach, especially Stoops, would not want anyone to know at this point in the season.....so how would the timing of all of this work out?

Well before the new name came up JJ was going to be gone yesterday. I am not sure why but apparently things were pushed back a few days on that. My educated guess is the New AD is named anywhere from before the iron Bowl to right after it. Chizik let go in early December. And a new coach announced depending on who he is and when his current team stops playing.

This is how I see it going down... I will not give the name of my source so you will just have to take my word for it.

"...the football program will be evaluated in an objective, thorough and professional process." "For everything there is a time, and now is the time to support."

You'll have to forgive aubfaniga. He doesn't understand how the world works what with its coachspeak and "presidentspeak" and other confusing non-literal stuff.

I just hope it is true that Gogue is working on getting the new AD and Coach in place right now. If he waits until after the season is over to start an evaluation process then he is incompetent and his failure to move will probably cost AU a shot at several coaches including assistants.

Though I'd be glad to have Bob Stoops anytime, I'd rather have Steve Spurrier or Gary Patterson.

Gary Patterson would be fine, but Steve Spurrier is 67 years old.

Older people can be productive members of society. Look at Golf for instance.

Okay, that's a bad example but I'm sure they can.

I was just thinking about Dirk Koetter as the new HC! Thoughts?

As long as we're speculating. My BOOM hire guess is Sean Peyton.

Don't see it happening, but very interesting.

Archived