Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

what do people think about Jack Del Rio?

I have been saying his name for weeks.

I like him as HC too

Didn't CBVG coach under Del Rio? If we got Del Rio as HC, do you think he'd keep CBVG? That may help salvage our current recruiting class, on the D side, at least.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like him as HC too

Didn't CBVG coach under Del Rio? If we got Del Rio as HC, do you think he'd keep CBVG? That may help salvage our current recruiting class, on the D side, at least.

That is the second time Bird has thrown out Del Rio's name. Just sayin'.

I like him as HC too

BB is Del Rio?!?

I like him as HC too

Yep. I'll say this -- Del Rio is certainly a defensive-minded coach, which I am generally in favor of for Auburn as head coach. We really need to build our D back up as the foundation of our team. But we would also need to bring in a stellar offensive coordinator, who would be left alone to do his job. Maybe P Manning would like to quit getting hit so hard on Sundays and would like to cut his teeth as an OC at Auburn. Del Rio could bring him with him from Denver ....

I like him as HC too

BB is Del Rio?!?

Sources are spreading that rumor. Also that WE10 is Langner. I think Golf started that one ....

I like him as HC too

BB is Del Rio?!?

Sources are spreading that rumor. Also that WE10 is Langner. I think Golf started that one ....

Golf is :ucrazy: He told me once he was Shirley Temple. (or maybe that a Shirley Temple is his favorite drink. I usually don't pay much attention to him)

I like him as HC too

BB is Del Rio?!?

Golf is :ucrazy: He told me once he was Shirley Temple. (or maybe that a Shirley Temple is his favorite drink. I usually don't pay much attention to him)

Well, all I know is that golf hates Del BB and Langner (for some undisclosed reason). And he's been picking on you, recently, too (since you are Langner, according to sources). I think someone said golf dated Shirley Temple ....

I like him as HC too

BB is Del Rio?!?

Well, all I know is that golf hates Del BB and Langner (for some undisclosed reason). And he's been picking on you, recently, too (since you are Langner, according to sources). I think someone said golf dated Shirley Temple ....

Britt, Just to go over it one more time, BB is Del Rio, 10 is my hero Langner, Golf doesn't know who he is, and you are? Sorry, I'm trying to keep up.

How many more coaches are there to name? Anyone brought up Gary Kubiak yet? What about Ken Wisenhunt? We need to name all of the NFL coaches just chomping at the bit to get the amazing opportunity to coach college football.

What about William the refrigerator Perry and bring back Terry Bowden? Then the tunnel song could be "Fat Boys are Back" by The Fat Boys. Hey it's a thought. ;D

I like him as HC too

BB is Del Rio?!?

Britt, Just to go over it one more time, BB is Del Rio, 10 is my hero Langner, Golf doesn't know who he is, and you are? Sorry, I'm trying to keep up.

Yep, you got it.

It was said that this "Boom" hire would be the 1-2 coach in the SEC, including Saban. So, my question is this. Out of the names that have been mentioned who would you say qualifies as a 1-2 coach in the SEC? Personally, I don't think Jimbo Fisher does. I would put Miles, Richt, Spurrier, and Saban ahead of him easily and possibly Franklin and Mullen. I'm not saying he won't turn out to be. Just saying based on resume to date. Who do you see as coach on the same tier as Saban? (since that is where the bar was set) War Eagle!

For some reason I see AU going after an NFL coach who has Offense at his heart. Sean Payton is a name I know has been thrown out during the OC hunt last year - but he would be nothing but HC in college. With his recent contract problems I do not see him staying with the Saints - however, Big Dud could be replacing Garrett at seasons end and I think Payton owns a home in Dallas. I would not argue with either of these 2.

I doubt Reid ever goes to college level. He will probably be done after Philly unless someone hires him to pull the Parcells-at-Miami GM position.

No inside source, just felt like jumping in.

It was said that this "Boom" hire would be the 1-2 coach in the SEC, including Saban. So, my question is this. Out of the names that have been mentioned who would you say qualifies as a 1-2 coach in the SEC? Personally, I don't think Jimbo Fisher does. I would put Miles, Richt, Spurrier, and Saban ahead of him easily and possibly Franklin and Mullen. I'm not saying he won't turn out to be. Just saying based on resume to date. Who do you see as coach on the same tier as Saban? (since that is where the bar was set) War Eagle!

Where would you put Muschamp on that list?

It was also mentioned that the "BOOM" hire called AU when he found out that AU may be looking for a new AD. Seems like I remember hearing of an issue between Jacobs and/or Jackson when Muschamp left for Texas.

What I heard was that WM wanted more money to stay at AU and JJ said no. So what happenend? Will packs up his family and moves to Austin, Texas to join Mack Brown's staff.

Highly unlikely Muschamp leaves FL. He has done a good job so far with the team.

I do think it is unlikely he leaves Florida...but then again the man loves Auburn. His kids still wear Auburn gear..

Sean Payton is a name I know has been thrown out during the OC hunt last year

IconLOL.gif

With his recent contract problems I do not see him staying with the Saints - however, Big Dud could be replacing Garrett at seasons end and I think Payton owns a home in Dallas. I would not argue with either of these 2.

Shoot, let's throw Bill Belichick and Mike Ditka on that list as well.

I would see Pete Carrol fitting the description.

He was talking about Jeff Fisher/Les Snead.

Archived