Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is the fact it is a "BOOM" hire a hint? muschamp?

Tate has already said it was Fisher/Snead

Incorrect....that's what people have percieved...not factual yet. We are all clamoring for an answer we cannot attain at this point.

is the fact it is a "BOOM" hire a hint? muschamp?

Tate has already said it was Fisher/Snead

Incorrect....that's what people have percieved...not factual yet. We are all clamoring for an answer we cannot attain at this point.

JGT mentioned it in a post this morning regarding the future of Chizik. Can't find the post at the moment. I'll keep looking

Here it is, for those who have access to the Bunker. Premium content, so I can't c&p

http://auburn.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?FID=423&SID=884&MID=159538716&TID=159537887

Spurrier? Anyone bother to check his record at USCe....if he had done that at AU we would have fired him after his 4th season.

If we can't Belichick, we might as well keep Chiz.'

Spurrier? Anyone bother to check his record at USCe....if he had done that at AU we would have fired him after his 4th season.

If we can't Belichick, we might as well keep Chiz.'

HUH???????

What would it take to get Steve Spurrier? it might not be as much as people think.He's got more than enough money. He like to rebuild football programs and turn them into powerhouses.

What would it take to get Steve Spurrier? it might not be as much as people think.He's got more than enough money. He like to rebuild football programs and turn them into powerhouses.

Are you going to honk Spurrier's bobo in every thread on here?

We have a better chance of getting Vince Lombardi.

:partey:

if Auburn makes a "boom hire" it'll be their first EVER. Ive been watching Auburn football closely for over 40 years and Auburn has never made a "boom hire" To be perfectly honest, most Aubrun folks didn't even know who Pat Dye was when he was hired and in hindsight I'd have to say he was closest to it. Doug Barfield, Terry Bowden, Tommy Tuberville and Gene Chizik make my point for me pretty handily I'd say

:lmao:

It was said that this "Boom" hire would be the 1-2 coach in the SEC, including Saban. So, my question is this. Out of the names that have been mentioned who would you say qualifies as a 1-2 coach in the SEC? Personally, I don't think Jimbo Fisher does. I would put Miles, Richt, Spurrier, and Saban ahead of him easily and possibly Franklin and Mullen. I'm not saying he won't turn out to be. Just saying based on resume to date. Who do you see as coach on the same tier as Saban? (since that is where the bar was set) War Eagle!

Where would you put Muschamp on that list?

It was also mentioned that the "BOOM" hire called AU when he found out that AU may be looking for a new AD. Seems like I remember hearing of an issue between Jacobs and/or Jackson when Muschamp left for Texas.

I would put muschamp ahead of him right now. I think muschamp is going to be a premiere coach in this league. He just hasn't been a HC for long enough. Really the same opinion I have about Jimbo Fisher.

First requirement would be to move Augusta National...

Highly unlikely Muschamp leaves FL. He has done a good job so far with the team.

I do think it is unlikely he leaves Florida...but then again the man loves Auburn. His kids still wear Auburn gear..

Did not know........cool.

Sean Payton is a name I know has been thrown out during the OC hunt last year

IconLOL.gif

With his recent contract problems I do not see him staying with the Saints - however, Big Dud could be replacing Garrett at seasons end and I think Payton owns a home in Dallas. I would not argue with either of these 2.

Shoot, let's throw Bill Belichick and Mike Ditka on that list as well.

I laughed at the thought of him leaving Nawlins to be AU OC ------- the bigger problem is that you think these two are on the level of Bill and Mike?? Could make some arguments for Sean but Jason Garrett is probably coaching his last NFL team as a HC. If he wants to stay pro then he will be an OC somewhere next year, or if he wants to be a HC then he will have to step down to college.

What's the deal with the Spurrier campaign? . 7-5, 8-5, 6-6, 7-6, 7-6, 9-5 in his first 6 years. If he would have had that record at AU he would never have made it past year 4.....and yet, he finally has a couple good years when the East is down....and all of a sudden people think he could turn around AU?

What's the deal with the Spurrier campaign? . 7-5, 8-5, 6-6, 7-6, 7-6, 9-5 in his first 6 years. If he would have had that record at AU he would never have made it past year 4.....and yet, he finally has a couple good years when the East is down....and all of a sudden people think he could turn around AU?

Spurrier is fun to watch and turned around a program that had been just awful. He recruited better than they have ever seen up there - he has been competitive - but the guy is getting old and it is just a matter of time before SC goes the way of PSU and FSU.....without the NC's

Archived