Auburn vs. Arkansas hire

El Tiburon

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Arkansas have a bigger hire that Auburn? Don't get me wrong I like Malzah, but it just seems like Bielema is a better hire. What do you guys think?

Who has a harder job on their hands? Bret has to turn that team into a hard nosed bulldog from a mixed bag. Gus jut has to reinsert himself and build on it.

Auburn hired the guy they wanted. Arkansas finally found someone to take their money.

I've never been a Bielema fan (always seemed like a smarta$$ to me), but I have to give him kudos for his success at Wisconsin. I'm not sure how he'll fit in with the culture in Arkansas.

Good hire for UA but I will bet you any $$$$$$$$ you want he will never win a SEC west division. His teams will play hard but at UA trying to play LSU and Turd ball want be able to match them.

When Petrino was fired we all thought that Gus was the next coach. It was a given. Now both jobs are open and Arkansas announces their coach 10 minutes before Auburn did. Doesn't it sound like Gus chose AU and then let Arkansas announce their coach first?

Good hire for UA but I will bet you any $$$$$$$$ you want he will never win a SEC west division. His teams will play hard but at UA trying to play LSU and Turd ball want be able to match them.

Do you think he will have more success than Petrino?

Auburn got a coach to fit the players we have. Gus should be able to bring the team together right away and not have to start from scratch recruiting completely different types of players. And while it wasn't said, I think his ability to hold the majority of the 2013 class was an issue.

I'm not jealous of Arky's hire.

Did Arkansas have a bigger hire than Auburn? Don't get me wrong I like Malzah, but it just seems like Bielema is a better hire. What do you guys think?

In name yes but I think in 4 years Bielema will prove to be a bust and Gus will be doing well.

Did Arkansas have a bigger hire than Auburn? Don't get me wrong I like Malzah, but it just seems like Bielema is a better hire. What do you guys think?

In name yes but I think in 4 years Bielema will prove to be a bust and Gus will be doing well.

Why will he be a bust though? Is the main reason, because he doesn't have any ties to recruiting in the South?

Some good new talent in SEC, looks like Strong to UT soon. Welcome to football SEC Badger boy.

Heard Bielema whining about Urban's recruiting methods and not wanting Big 10 - ish to be like SEC.

Well now newbe little piggie,

welcome to you have no idea what is about to come at you ! You'll probably do just fine financially.

Do you think he will have more success than Petrino?

no

Only thing bigger in Arkansas's hire was Bielema's belly. What a fat boy. He will be in for a rude awakening when it comes to recruiting. We don't play all sweet and nice like they do in the Big 10

Why will he be a bust though? Is the main reason, because he doesn't have any ties to recruiting in the South?

Not saying he'll be a bust but he will be recruiting against LSU and Turds for the same kind of players he needs. Good luck since Arky has so many great high school players

I have never been a fan Bielema's style of football. Slow and boring, or at least used to be. I think he'll do OK at Arkansas and not much more than that. I don't think he'll even compare to the success Petrino was having there.

I would much rather have Gus. The media is just blowing it up because its a "big name"

Bielema is a great coach conservative on offense, power running and strong defense. Averages 9-3 for 7 seasons big name hire. Has way more experience then Gus, but Gus knows the recruits, the high school coaches and more importantly his own team. Try to score quickly and often to take away his running game then catch int's. In my opinion in 2 years he will be hard to beat he could build a great team which is hardly what we need in the sec west. Of course in 2 years with the proper D we will be very hard to beat. I would hate to be Hugh Freeze it's probably the only bowl game he will see.

Im comfortable and confident with Gus at Auburn. Theres no doubt in my mind he's the best fit for Auburn. As far as comparing the hire to others...I'd prefer to let them have an opportunity to coach some games and have a look then but for now I dont believe theres a better fit for Auburn than Gus so Im pretty happy woith the decision.

To answer your question, yes, they did have a lot bigger hire than us by far.

Don't think so...but differences of opinions is what makes horse races.

Meanwhile I'm glad I don't have to watch Bilemie (sp) team at AU trying to run the power I with 190 pound RBs...would look a lot like the season we just suffered through. AU's team is built for Gus and that's what we needed.

Archived