Auburn vs. Arkansas hire

El Tiburon

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wont comment on who the better hire is because I do agree, only time will bare that out, however, I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about saying Im happy that Arkansas got him and Auburn didn't it. We got the more entertaining brand of football on our immediate horizon and about THAT theres no doubt in my mind. So, congratulations to Arkansas but Im exceedingly pleased with who Auburn got!

• 11 months later...

I just wanted to bring this back up. It was dated exactly one year ago tomorrow!

BB is a proven winner Gus is an X factor that's what pisses me off JJ never hires proven always X factor.

Well let me assure you that you are in for a nice surprise. Feel free to quote me on this, and please flag this post and come back this time next year and thank me ;-)

By the way, here is the REALITY of Bielema's "proven" success at Wisconsin:

Bret Bielema was 68-24 while at Wisconsin. That sounds fabulous if 68-24 is the only thing you look at.

Here it is broken down with facts-

Bret was 23-1 vs. Minnesota, Purdue, Indiana, and Illinois.

But coach Beilema was only 16-18 vs. the rest of the B1G.

What's worse is Bielema was 11-14 vs. RANKED teams (which is what REALLY counts)

He was 2-4 in bowls, and 0-2 in BCS bowls and one of the Rose Bowl losses was against TCU who was in the Mountain West Conference at the time WITH MWC PLAYERS!

So Bielema's "proven" success seriously proves very little when you read it for what it really is.

Arkansas made a HORRIBLE choice.

For Arkansas Bret Bielema hasn't Coach us to win a single conference game, and we even lost a non-con to Rutgers!

We we are 3-9 / 0-8 in conference.

Gus, well the story is this: AU Tigers have just won the SEC Title game and ARE playing for the Nat Title!

Congrats to Auburn in a large fashion by the way!!!

I live in AR and I can tell you that there are a few of us that have been on the Gus bus along time and we are having a blast right along with yall...

and then there is most everybody else that are totally dejected because not only was this the worst year in Hog history, but they know AR is stuck in a big honkin commode.... for several years.

(i said most because there are still a few around that think Bert can lead em to the promised land)

but Bert is just clueless... he just cant figure out what went wrong... he really believed he was just going to walk in here and bend the SEC over his knee

Arkansas made the biggest mistake of their hiring life. The guy is a tool and totally clueless.

I like the Razorbacks (lived there for 3 years and loved my Fayetteville experience). They would have done much better going after Tommy Tuberville or Art Bryles.

Don't know a lot about the AR coach but Gus has been very impressive to watch both as assistant coach and as HC. Recall how he took a "washed up" QB in 2009 and molded the offence into a respectable unit followed by another guy by the name of Newton the next year. He has an amazing ability to evaluate his personnel and maximize their abilities for the best chances of success. I doubt there are many out there with his analytical skills.

Don't know a lot about the AK coach but Gus has been very impressive to watch both as assistant coach and as HC. Recall how he took a "washed up" QB in 2009 and molded the offence into a respectable unit followed by another guy by the name of Newton the next year. He has an amazing ability to evaluate his personnel and maximize their abilities for the best chances of success. I doubt there are many out there with his analytical skills.

AK? Alaska?

Don't know a lot about the AK coach but Gus has been very impressive to watch both as assistant coach and as HC. Recall how he took a "washed up" QB in 2009 and molded the offence into a respectable unit followed by another guy by the name of Newton the next year. He has an amazing ability to evaluate his personnel and maximize their abilities for the best chances of success. I doubt there are many out there with his analytical skills.

AK? Alaska?

thanks...cleaned it up

We made a good short-term higher but long-term is yet to be seen

Yes, let's wait until Gus wins the SEC & gets us to the National Championship game before we decide if he was a good long term hire. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Yes, let's wait until Gus wins the SEC & gets us to the National Championship game before we decide if he was a good long term hire. :drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

Ya don't forget Chizik

Yes, let's wait until Gus wins the SEC & gets us to the National Championship game before we decide if he was a good long term hire. :drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

Ya don't forget Chizik

Oh, I haven't forgotten CGC. In fact his last season is forever etched in my mind as is the NC he won in 2010 because of a marvelous Offensive Coordinator that he hired. Now what was that guy's name again????

Ya don't forget Chizik

Oh, I haven't forgotten CGC. In fact his last season is forever etched in my mind as is the NC he won in 2010 because of a marvelous Offensive Coordinator that he hired. Now what was that guy's name again????

Ted Roof? ...Petrino? I give up. But in all fairness I so believe Belima will be a great coach he has a proven track record

Ya don't forget Chizik

Ted Roof? ...Petrino? I give up. But in all fairness I so believe Belima will be a great coach he has a proven track record

I would argue that would depend on how you define "great" Im not sold on fatboy ever being a great SEC coach. The SEC aint the Big 10 and i seriously doubt he'll ever achieve a comparable level of success in this league that he did there.

Without a shadow of doubt, Arkansas had the better hire. And Jay Jacobs and the Administration drop the ball again. Should we expect anything else????

Wanna change your story?

C'mon Eagle84......hope you aren't going to hold all our intemperate comments against us are you? If so, maybe you can dig up a few predicting that when Gus picked his QB, that Nick would be moved to the defense? That has to be as classic as the on from Fansince81. Sometime our crystal ball just isn't very clear.

There are times and places that these sort of past threads should and shouldn't be brought up.

This is definitely one of those cases where it should. :)

AGREED! LOL

Ya don't forget Chizik

hahahahaha....Oh wait...you're serious? *embarrassed*. I do remember Chizik. He took virtually the same guys that CGM has led to an SEC championship and BCS title game birth and went 3-9 with them. Great comparison. :-\

Archived