Auburn vs. Arkansas hire

El Tiburon

Arky did not have a better hire. They don't have the $pecial a$$ets and re$ource$ that are available to $aban and the idea that Bielema is gonna like up and run it down the throat of other teams in the SEC like he did at Wisconsin (which seems to be the idea) without the kinds of players those $pecial a$$ets and re$ource$ bring is not founded on sound thinking.

If you ask me, the thing that led Bielema to Arky wasn't the opportunity, it was the developments at Michigan and Ohio State.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Plus Gus is going to have a good advantage recruiting in Arkansas with Bielema as their coach.

An SEC coach, Urban Meyer, came in his first year and schooled all those Big 10 teams. That tells you how bad the Big 10 really is.

Initially, I was of the mind that Ark had the HR hire and we settled. I think that was the shock of hearing who we ended up with. I think both schools got who they wanted. I don't think Ark will be bad with who they choose. I am liking the choice of Malzahn more and more. I really want to see who he hires for his staff to really feel comfortable about it. I like what he said about being an attacking team on both offense and defense. I can see us as Oregon in the SEC.

I think a very wise OLD man said that at one time.

He wasn't very wise, and he needed his diaper changed and his Geritol dosage upped.

troll-face-dancando.gif

I do not know how many Ark. interviewed and was turned down by. I would much rather have Gus at Auburn than having Brett Bowelmovement at Auburn. I iwll never be able to figure out how to pronounce the Arky coach's last name. Bowelmovement is much easier to say and spell.

I do not know how many Ark. interviewed and was turned down by. I would much rather have Gus at Auburn than having Brett Bowelmovement at Auburn. I iwll never be able to figure out how to pronounce the Arky coach's last name. Bowelmovement is much easier to say and spell.

Bill-eem-a

Arky did not have a better hire. They don't have the $pecial a$$ets and re$ource$ that are available to $aban and the idea that Bielema is gonna like up and run it down the throat of other teams in the SEC like he did at Wisconsin (which seems to be the idea) without the kinds of players those $pecial a$$ets and re$ource$ bring is not founded on sound thinking.

If you ask me, the thing that led Bielema to Arky wasn't the opportunity, it was the developments at Michigan and Ohio State.

So he thought competing against an improving Michigan and OSU was worse than competing against bama, lsu, TAM, Auburn (great days are ahead), Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and improving Miss. schools?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200601020075&prov=ap

UW Auburn 2006, same offense barry ran brett ran....your assumption is just that, but is in no way close to the truth...money talks, a percentage of UW people did not like his cockiness or his game management, not many people in Wisconsin are upset that he is gone, but more concerned in who they can get now...

Only thing bigger in Arkansas's hire was Bielema's belly. What a fat boy. He will be in for a rude awakening when it comes to recruiting. We don't play all sweet and nice like they do in the Big 10

i spit out my drink reading this lmao

bielema runs up the score on fcs schools, hes a scumbag

i dont envy the pork bellies at all

Isn't Belima the one that whined when Urban hit the Big Ten recruiting trail....the whole "gentlemen's agreement" stuff?

Yeah, he is going to get eaten alive in the SEC.

Good hire for UA but I will bet you any $$$$$$$$ you want he will never win a SEC west division. His teams will play hard but at UA trying to play LSU and Turd ball want be able to match them.

Do you think he will have more success than Petrino?

not even close

Isn't Belima the one that whined when Urban hit the Big Ten recruiting trail....the whole "gentlemen's agreement" stuff?

Yeah, he is going to get eaten alive in the SEC.

media made it a bigger deal than it was, the real issue was never made public and was worked out between AD's and coaches...he may not succeed in the SEC more so because he is at Arkansas than his coaching ability...he is what Arkansas needed after the Petrino situation. He gets a lot out of his players, look at UW's recruiting classes and that is obvious.

Let's just say this: Wisconsin fans are not sad to see him go, at all. Complain about horrible clock management, being a brute and a**hole, all sorts of stuff. They got the bigger name but we got the better coach.

I like our hire better. Can't stand Bielema. The things he said after Russell Wilson signed with them showed what a POS he is IMO. I am glad he is in the West. I want to kick his arse until he has to go back to a lesser conf. to be a HC.

I think Arkansas did have the best hire on paper but I feel Auburn will have the best hire actually. Although it’s not the exact situation I feel it may end up like Super Bowl XXVI. You had the Patriots coming in with a backup quarterback playing the defending champion Rams. The Patriots were a huge underdog and pulled off what many said was one of the biggest upsets in Super Bowl history. The Patriots went on to win 2 of the next 3 Super Bowls (back to back ’03 & ’04 seasons) and in hindsight it doesn’t look like a monumental upset at all. The point is at you can’t always judge things by the present situation. You have to sit back and let everything unfold before a true judgment can be made. I think Bielema is a good coach and can do good things at Arkansas. Although as others have stated it will be awful tough though for him to come in and compete with the opponents in the brutal SEC West and expect the same results he had at Wisconsin.

Barnhart, Mr College Football on CBS said this AM on 790 the Zone in Atl that Auburn's choosing GM has us in the best shape of all the new coached team in the SEC to turn things around the quickest.

Bigger? If you mean my bigger name and much more experience, then yes, Arky's hire of Bielema was bigger hands down. But if you ask me who would be a better hire for AU, Bielema or Gus? Gus would get my vote. AU could have hired better coaches than Gus, but Bielema was not it.

wde

Lets bottom line this BB has championships and Rose Bowl appearances they swung a big stick and got a big @ick JJ is not capable of this though I am reasonably happy with Gus but I dont get why we didnt make a serious run at Jeff Fisher and Gary Patterson. JJ is embarrasing.

Did Arkansas have a bigger hire than Auburn? Don't get me wrong I like Malzah, but it just seems like Bielema is a better hire. What do you guys think?

Bret is a big ole crybaby. He was whining about Urban and his recruiting tactics. Well, he's about to get a dose of reality. Good luck crying to Slive about Saban and his recruiting.

Wisconsin ain't Arkansas. I know and work with several people from Wisconsin and that area....different kind of people....not bad, just different. That will not play out well when Arky loses a few and his abrasive ways come out. As far as this being a warm-up to the Iowa job, a few 6-6 or 5-7 seasons and he won't look so good. Arky does not have the players to play his type of football right now. Patience will be needed for a couple of years until that sytem is fully implemented...that's one of the things that got Chizik; he made an abrupt change in philosophy mid-stream and that usually does not have immediately positive results

Gus is a better fit at AU than BB at Arky.

Arky's hire in my opinion is huge. I have no problem with Gus but he is not in the same league yet as Bret. Yes Gus won a National championship as OC and that is huge but Bret has won Conference Championships as HC, the guy calling the shots. His running game is second to none. He always runs the ball great, not well but great and has a solid o-line. In the sec what do people say you need to win it? A good running game and a great defense. Arky will run the crap out od the ball and the defense should come. I think it was a smashing hire for them and will eventually put them back on the map as a top15 or better team in the country. Plus i was completely shocked when I heard it. Could not believe it. Bret would have been in my top 5 ahead of Gus honestly and I truley think Gus would prefer to be at Arky himself. That is my answer to the question but either way we have Gus and I am on the Gus Bus.

Lets bottom line this BB has championships and Rose Bowl appearances they swung a big stick and got a big @ick JJ is not capable of this though I am reasonably happy with Gus but I dont get why we didnt make a serious run at Jeff Fisher and Gary Patterson. JJ is embarrasing.

I believe we did go hard after Patterson, but he declined. What is it about Jeff Fisher? He was never on the table...that is a bunch of message board garbage. He is an NFL coach...and frankly a mediocre one at best. Get real, people.

Auburn got a coach to fit the players we have. Gus should be able to bring the team together right away and not have to start from scratch recruiting completely different types of players. And while it wasn't said, I think his ability to hold the majority of the 2013 class was an issue.

I'm not jealous of Arky's hire.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Barnhart, Mr College Football on CBS said this AM on 790 the Zone in Atl that Auburn's choosing GM has us in the best shape of all the new coached team in the SEC to turn things around the quickest.

Edward Ashcoff's article on the Gus hire is pretty positive, as well -- surprising, since he is usually down on Auburn. Chris Low's article on Bielma calls him a "proven winner" -- which is indisputable looking at his record. But then Low goes on to point out that the Big 10 and the SEC are two very different leagues and suggests that Bielma is "not afraid of a challenge." Ultimately, I think these two ESPN guys think Gus will have more success than Bielma. I agree with that assessment.

To answer your question, yes, they did have a lot bigger hire than us by far.

Incredibly wrong.

How? The guy has gone to three straight rose bowls and the guy we hired has been a head coach for one year in the Sub Belt. Tell me how Bret Beliema (sp?) isn't a bigger hire. I would love to hear your answer.

He is from the little 10. Enough said.

An SEC coach, Urban Meyer, came in his first year and schooled all those Big 10 teams. That tells you how bad the Big 10 really is.

Alright so the B1G Conference is worse than the Sun Belt...Alright, thanks for yalls logical answers. :ucrazy:

Archived