What will Gus load up on?

milehighfan

If he can keep all the players in this recruiting class, the need areas are pretty well covered. My guess could be an additional wr/athlete type of player

My guess is, he is looking for an exceptional playmaker. I doubt it is a matter of loading up at any position but a matter of finding a guy who is a game breaker. Like we all saw with Cam, Gus's offense works even better when there is one guy the defense has to pay extra attention to.

Wr DLine.Corners.. i hope we get bigger players to run his O.If we can LOOK OUT

I approve this message...WDE

I don't know about "load up on" but a critical element we do NOT have filled right now which is imperative to successful Gusball, is a RB that's both a real running threat and an excellent RECEIVER coming out of the backfield. Hard to freeze the D with Gus' bread & butter faked handoffs if the D doesn't think the RB can break tackles.

Had we kept Robinson he would have filled this key element nicely.

I don't know about "load up on" but a critical element we do NOT have filled right now which is imperative to successful Gusball, is a RB that's both a real running threat and an excellent RECEIVER coming out of the backfield. Hard to freeze the D with Gus' bread & butter faked handoffs if the D doesn't think the RB can break tackles.

as far as hard running, prosch, wilkins, mason and cam (latest juco commit - #1 RB) will all fit the bill ... receiving - we will have to see, but i agree this will be helpful.

as far as hard running, prosch, wilkins, mason and cam (latest juco commit - #1 RB) will all fit the bill ... receiving - we will have to see, but i agree this will be helpful.

LINEBACKER above all else. The three that played this year would not have started at very many SEC schools, and 2 of them are now gone. We need studs at that position and at DL.

We are also still hard after Derrick Green from what I've read on here.

The # 1 priority as far as players, whether it is someone already on the roster or bringing a player in, has to be a QB that can effectively run his offense. Everything else will flow from that. His #1 priority as far as coaching hires will be in hiring the best OL coach he can get. That will give his QB the best chance for success with his offense.

The # 1 priority as far as players, whether it is someone already on the roster or bringing a player in, has to be a QB that can effectively run his offense. Everything else will flow from that. His #1 priority as far as coaching hires will be in hiring the best OL coach he can get. That will give his QB the best chance for success with his offense.

This and LB's

I would say WR as well right now we are very thin there.

Not really. Coates, Bray, Ray, Reed, Louis and ER on the way. Not thin at all.

A few tweener MLB/Safetys would seem to be a big priority with the new 4-2-5 defense.

Archived