Mississippi Alabama All Star game thread

ellitor

Alabama Practice Notes: Top Performers for Tuesday

Auburn recruits, commits, interests and notables...

Reuben Foster, ILB, Auburn (Ala.)

The five-star prospect looked to be in the best condition in quite some time this morning. The former Alabama and Auburn commitment has trimmed down from 252-pound in July at Nike’s The Opening to 234 reported pounds Tuesday morning. He showed that bounce, quickness and acceleration in 7-on-7 and in red zone situations that showed up as a sophomore and junior

Jason Smith, WR, Mobile (Ala.) McGill-Toolen

Of all of what is a talented wide receiver corps for the Alabama team, Smith was the quickest in and out of cuts. While the Auburn commitment definitely has to get stronger and add some muscle mass to his wiry frame, he has nearly all of the physical ability one can’t teach. He is quick off the line, can sink the hips and get in and out of cuts; and showed the ability to track the ball in air and run precise routes.

Cameron Echols-Luper, WR, Auburn (Ala.)

The Texas A&M commitment was one of the top route runners on hand, as one would expect with his background. The well put together 192-pounder was easily able to beat press coverage with a combination of quickness, strength and use of his hands with arms extended. He also got in and out routes with fluidity. Once the ball was in the air, his strong body allowed him to play through contact and come down with a pair of impressive grabs.

- Vanderbilt running back commitment Johnathan Ford (New Hope, Ala.) didn’t get a lot of chances to show all of his ability in this practice, but his burst and athleticism were apparent on two or three carries. He’s a fast starter with quick feet, plus balance and the ability to burst to the second level.
Nebraska commitment Jonathan Cook (Spanish Fort, Ala.) had tests at his school Tuesday morning, but is expected to arrive in Montgomery and participate in the afternoon practice session.

Good to hear all of this. I think RF just decommitted so he could get a little good press for a while. He will be back =)

Day 2 notes Link

***Auburn QB commitment Jeremy Johnson threw the ball much better today. He threw out of the pocket and on rollouts. He appears to be getting the offense down and improving his timing with the receivers.

***I was very impressed with the play of Jason Smith at wide receiver today.

***Auburn DT commit Dee Liner had a nice tipped pass during a team drill. He had another good practice but did get planted on his rear one time by Florida State OL commit Austin Golson during a pass rush drill.

***Golson also showed his versatility by working as the deep snapper and doing a good job there. The all-star OL coach was working with Golson on doing a better job extending his arms. It was arm extension and keeping your shoulders over your hips were his biggest talking points to all the OL.

***DT Rod Crayton had a nice sack in a team drill and is tough to handle in the middle. The DL showed again Wednesday why its the strongest part of this team.

***Cornerback Nate Andrews, who is committed to Minnesota, had a nice interception on a Nick Mullens pass.

***247Sports national recruiting analyst Gerry Hamilton attended the morning session again Wednesday. He mentioned several standouts including Reuben Foster, Darius Paige, Jason Smith, Jonathan Cook, ArDarius Stewart, Austin Golson and Jeremy Johnson.

***Texas A&M WR commit Cameron Echols-Luper was back at full speed in this morning's practice.

***There were a half dozen UAB coaches watching the morning practice.

Wbrc - 6 in bham is airing it live. Havent seen anybody say they'really watching, just some giving radio streams

Saw a good 1 handed catch by a WR on the AL team. Can't remember his name though.

#88, but i'll look for the name, That was an outstanding catch.( I think it was Jason Smith)

Why is Jeremy Johnson not playing? I just turned it on so I don't know if he just wasn't having a good day or they have let him play and are now putting in backups.

Jeremy Johnson to Jason Smith is looking good. Jason is doing great as a WR!

Didn't realize that WR was one of our commits! I was thinking, "We should go after him!"

Jeremy Johnson to Jason Smith is looking good. Jason is doing great as a WR!

Didn't realize that WR was one of our commits! I was thinking, "We should go after him!"

Jason has stated he and Jeremy will compete for QB, but he will play where ever the team needs him. One of his catches reminded me of some of Lutz's one handers. He looks kike a good kid.

Archived