2013 3* JUCO ILB Antonio Longino (Arizona State signee)

ellitor

It's a rare JUCO player that's ready to step in and help an SEC team. Rudy Johnson and Cam are it at AU over the last decade and Cam had those two years at Florida to fall back on. Even Nick Fairley was nothing but ordinary his first year here. JUCO exoerience does not equal D-1 experience.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still we've had a nice group of JUCOs come through AU in the past 15 years or so even if they didn't become immediate stars. Also we most likely would have more mentally mature guys that felt they needed to prove something. Hopefully that would translate into hard work on and off the field.

After watching his hi-light video, I don't think there is no way people can think he can't help us for the next two years. I like the way he flows to the ball, he is a sure tackler, aggressive, has a nose for the ball, has very good size and he can lay a lick on the ball carriers. I hope we get him, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw his named mentioned in the Ben Bradley commitment article as being recruited. Ark was one of his choices as well as Auburn.

6'3" 238 linebacker.

Not sure how accurate Rivals.com/yahoo is but they show Longino visiting Auburn on 1/11/2013. They were accurate about Ben's visit this past weekend.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Antonio-Longino-139882;_ylt=Au4IDhII9Sy18ndQbpd68iRGPZB4

Our next commitment this weekend?

I'd say he is already in.

Nope. Not visiting this weekend and likely commits to Arizona St. Monday.

Does this indicate we feel good about some *other* LB recruits (i.e. Foster and Cunningham)?

Possibly. I also think the coaches are doing further evaluations on everything.

Does this indicate we feel good about some *other* LB recruits (i.e. Foster and Cunningham)?

There's been rumors of transcript/qualifying issues. Apparently, he was going to commit Sunday then this issue surfaced. I believe I read that he wouldn't know until Monday whether or not he would qualify to get into AU delaying any possible commitment.

Longino is a guy who's tape looks like he could make a contribution at linebacker, but I've never really felt he had the athletic ability to compete for a starting spot. From the film I've seen, he looks comparable to a Jack Holland type linebacker. Not very athletic, but can lay the wood. And yes, I do realize Holland is a two year starter..............

Longino is a guy who's tape looks like he could make a contribution at linebacker, but I've never really felt he had the athletic ability to compete for a starting spot. From the film I've seen, he looks comparable to a Jack Holland type linebacker. Not very athletic, but can lay the wood. And yes, I do realize Holland is a two year starter..............

Please provide video evidence that shows Jake Holland has ever laid the wood as a LB at AU.

wde

Please provide video evidence that shows Jake Holland has ever laid the wood as a LB at AU.

wde

How about this one:

Archived