2013 5* CB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson signee)

AuburnWarVet

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this kid is unreal. possibly best recruit in the country. an argument can definitely made that he is. we should be just as excited about him as lawson an foster. imagine that. signing the best player in thec ountry at every level of the defense? DE, LB, CB. wow.

I really want him to come to AU. I think there is not as much excitement as we don't know if we have a real shot. Everyone is in the dark.

this kid is unreal. possibly best recruit in the country. an argument can definitely made that he is. we should be just as excited about him as lawson an foster. imagine that. signing the best player in thec ountry at every level of the defense? DE, LB, CB. wow.

With all due respect his physical build alone keeps him from being the best recruit in the country. He's a solid player and it would be nice to get him but his 5'10" 180 lbs. keeps him from being considered a top 20 prospect.

With all due respect his physical build alone keeps him from being the best recruit in the country. He's a solid player and it would be nice to get him but his 5'10" 180 lbs. keeps him from being considered a top 20 prospect.

He's top 50 and theres some disagreement on whether he or Hargreaves is the best corner in this years class. Hargreaves is rated top 5, so Alexander is extremely well thought of by those who rate them, just not sure all of it means anything

I'm not an expert in the least but that seems close to a good size for a corner coming out of HS.

It's not considered big by any stretch but I wouldn't say small either. He is "big enough" for a CB and I'm sure he could add and inch or two but he will definitely be adding a pound or three to that frame.

Vernon Hargreaves is rated the #2 rivals prospect in the country and he's only 5'11" and 185. Mac is plenty big enough and there are some who think he is possibly better than Hargreaves. His size is fine!

I'm not an expert in the least but that seems close to a good size for a corner coming out of HS.

It's not considered big by any stretch but I wouldn't say small either. He is "big enough" for a CB and I'm sure he could add and inch or two but he will definitely be adding a pound or three to that frame.

I wasn't denying he's a good cornerback just not the "Best recruit in the country"

I wasn't denying he's a good cornerback just not the "Best recruit in the country"

Rivlas has him rated as second best and they are not convinced he's not the best...just sayin

Rivlas has him rated as second best and they are not convinced he's not the best...just sayin

If he comes to Auburn he's the best, if not then he was only 2nd best.

I'll specify one more time

"Is he the best CB recruit in the nation" Debatably

"Is he the best recruit in the nation" No

pay attention people

If he comes to Auburn he's the best, if not then he was only 2nd best.

LOL no doubt!

pay attention people

Gotcha but my point is - there is debate about who is better Alexander or Hargreaves and Hargreaves is considered the #2 recruit in the country. So, ...he's in the conversation and as far as Auburn's needs are concerned his position is a BIG need.

pay attention people

Gotcha but my point is - there is debate about who is better Alexander or Hargreaves and Hargreaves is considered the #2 recruit in the country. So, ...he's in the conversation and as far as Auburn's needs are concerned his position is a BIG need.

I can mostly agree to this statement

tell that to ESPN, who has him ranked as the "#4 overall recruit in the country"

THIS

further,

u wanna talk about size for a kid in the secondary? anyone remember a SAFETY by the name of reggie nelson? what was he, 175 pounds coming out of HS? first round nfl draft pick.

sorry, man. like i said, "an argument can be made that he is." it's obviously all opinion. but, your argument that his size keeps him from even being considered a top 20 prospect is fallible. particularly considering one of the top services in the country not only "considered him" as a top 20 prospect, they made him a top 5 prospect....overall. and if someone is top 5 overall, "an argument can be made that they are the best. that is all.

It would be so great to get this kid. Having potential lock down corners scares the fool out of qb's and this helps to cause poor choice turnovers.

pay attention people

oh and hargreaves is 5' 11" 185. rivals calls him the second best recruit in the country. who knew 5 pounds and an inch could launch you from not even possibly being considered a top 20 recruit to being the #2 overall recruit.

Regardless of size after watching our pass coverage (or lack thereof) the last couple of years I would love to see us sign this kid. I may get hammered for saying this but right now I think I would rather have a five star corner than a five star linebacker.

Regardless of size after watching our pass coverage (or lack thereof) the last couple of years I would love to see us sign this kid. I may get hammered for saying this but right now I think I would rather have a five star corner than a five star linebacker.

Aint nobody going to hammer you shug for that. I'd like to have this kid and anybody else for that matter who can help us fix our problems on defense. We haven't had much going for us on that side of the ball for a couple years now.

Archived