2013 5* CB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson signee)

AuburnWarVet

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would really be nice to get this kid to beef up our secondary. However, I think our chances of getting him is about 30-40%..

I would probably bump those chances up to 75-80% especially if he does not visit anyone else. Don't forget that Clemson and Miss St were the teams to beat until both their secondary coaches went to AU. ALSO don't forget that Mackensie visited last week and it has been mentioned that he is not visiting anywhere, and Mackerno (SP?) is visiting this week. We have a lot more to feel good about than a 30,40, or even 50% chance.

If we were considered to be in the top 2 for the alexander bros, who would be our main competition?

If we were considered to be in the top 2 for the alexander bros, who would be our main competition?

State or Clemson, with proly WVU. JMO though.

all of our corners would look better if we had a consistent pass rush.

when a QB is allowed to look through 3+ progressions even the best corners are going to have trouble keeping with someone when they dont know where they are going

After watching his film vs. Hargreaves and Fuller, I think Mackensie is the best corner in the country. It's not a stretch to say he's a top 5 player in the country. I think he's a lockdown guy who is destined to play on Sundays and get paid handsomely to do so.

ok, let's turn our attention here now that carl is in the clubhouse! mackenzie alexander: perhaps best recruit in the country. give me him and carl all day over carl and reuben.

You've got to be his number 1 fan...

ok, let's turn our attention here now that carl is in the clubhouse! mackenzie alexander: perhaps best recruit in the country. give me him and carl all day over carl and reuben.

hahaha, ya, I'm sorry. I REALLY like this kid!! super excited about the potential of signing him.

Will be great to have.

Glad to see something not about RF

right?! i am 27 years old. i have a degree from auburn, which ended up leading me towards a career as a lawyer, which i love. i am about to get married. things are great. and this morning, i'm sitting here scouring the internet for news on the RF bama visit. an hour later, i stop. "what the hell am i doing??"

like, who cares, u know? it's a joke at this point. we are all here because 1) we love auburn football and 2) this recruiting stuff is FUN. but, when it gets to the point where it goes overboard and you are caring a wee bit too much about where some 17 year old kid was last night and why, you've gone too far! lol.

I'm right there with him. Getting Carl's re-up was huge but I personally think we need lock-down corners more than any other position. Coverage has killed us.

I'm right there with him. Getting Carl's re-up was huge but I personally think we need lock-down corners more than any other position. Coverage has killed us.

Hopefully the corners won't have to "lock down" near as long with CL after the qb

Hopefully the corners won't have to "lock down" near as long with CL after the qb

It all works together - both help the other.

Good article from naplesnews.com 2/2/13 Good overview of their recruiting and perspective. Read the article.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013/feb/02/prep-football-immokalee-twins-mackensie-and-keep/

"The kids love the limelight, loves the attention," said Lemming, who has Alexander rated as the fifth-best cornerback in the country. "More power to him. I'm pretty sure he knows where he wants to go. He's just waiting for the right time to announce it."

Archived