AU top school in state

kickerman97

Impressive! I guess those down a little lower on the list have to content themselves with debating how many actual NC's they have in order to cope with the facts...

Thanks, Kickerman!

Interesting...

1 Auburn

2 Samford

3 UAB

4 UAT

5 UAH

http://www.stateuniv...re_rank/AL.html

Why, I think you may be on to something! Since UA is a football program with a university attached and the rest of the four are universities that have football teams, I think they are off to a great start!

Good info, Glad to see AU still on top. My nephew graduated from high school last year. His senior year he retook the ACT and made a 27. He was immediately accepted to Alabama, but did not get in at Auburn.

Good for Auburn. Meanwhile folks on the recruiting side are fussing that we did not drop standards to allow a JUCO player in. Can't have it both ways. I am proud of the fact that it is much more difficult to get into Auburn than Alabama. Maybe it's false pride - but I still am still proud.

Good for Auburn. Meanwhile folks on the recruiting side are fussing that we did not drop standards to allow a JUCO player in. Can't have it both ways. I am proud of the fact that it is much more difficult to get into Auburn than Alabama. Maybe it's false pride - but I still am still proud.

Not false pride at all. Just good common sense to want a school with higher academic standards.

Good info, Glad to see AU still on top. My nephew graduated from high school last year. His senior year he retook the ACT and made a 27. He was immediately accepted to Alabama, but did not get in at Auburn.

27 and he got denied from Auburn? I graduated two years ago and made a 23 and got accepted to UAB, UA, USA and Troy but got denied by Auburn.

Glad to see us on top! Graduated a few years ago with a 31 and am currently attending auburn with some help. I can definitely attest to the difficulty. Got accepted with no problem plus sholarships. Only applied to auburn and usa as a backup plan.

US News still ranks Alabama ahead of Auburn:

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public/page+2

#32 public school

When Auburn used to be ahead of Alabama in this ranking, it was the bible. Now, it's marginalized and isn't as legitimate as..."StateUniversity.com" I guess.

Also, a 27 on the ACT and not getting into Auburn? There had to be some strange circumstance. AU's average accepted ACT score is a 27 while Alabama's is a 25. Both, I believe, have a minimum requirement of a 21 to get in.

When I applied to AU (and got accepted) in 1995, the requirements were on a sliding scale based on GPA and ACT scores. So the higher the GPA, the lower the required ACT score. Is that still the case?

When I applied to AU (and got accepted) in 1995, the requirements were on a sliding scale based on GPA and ACT scores. So the higher the GPA, the lower the required ACT score. Is that still the case?

Yes. Though there is a bottom cut off regardless of how high your GPA is. If you have a 4.0 but got a 17, I doubt you're getting in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived